Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But many people have no issues with cops shooting and killing unarmed people

Old 03-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
You can joke about the stupid laws these idiots want passed, but in Washington state the first victim of a so called "red flag" bill has lost his constitutional rights because some snowflake was scared of him. No charges, no crime, nothing, yet he lost his guns with no due process, no chance to defend himself.
"We're from the government and we are here to help"
There are some people that should not have access to a firearm and they needs to be some mechanism in place to remove firearms when someone is extremely dangerous with a potential to user them HOWEVER there also needs to hard and predefined limits to how this can be used and for rights to be restored. Due process must be adhered to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
That’s exactly what Don-in-chief said he wanted, isn’t it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He talks out of both sides of his mouth like many children

Quote:
But many people have no issues with cops shooting and killing unarmed people

Many conservatives try to blame the person shot .. they shouldn't of moved fast , or the cops defense he thought they had a gun or they were in fear for their lives ... where is the due process in that
Huh? Most cops shooting people are doing so as a result of a dangerous / illegal activity in process. Most times it is justified, unfortunate, but justified. Very few cases are determined that the LEO was at fault thought it does happen too much.

Quote:
Apply the reasons police can shoot you . to red flag bill securing your weapons because your a possible threat or fear for others lives .. Conservatives should support the bill

but because it involves guns .. they worry about due process
Huh? Your explanations for most things aligns with this newer several decade trend of lack of logic which is why I am no longer a Dem.

You would think that important items such as rights and liberty would be more universal and held in better regard across all political spectrum - and that the difference would be how to address the faults in the system to make it better so that it applies fair opportunity to all. But no - the left is trying to bring down the system. Maybe everyone on the left does not realize it but the useful idiots will follow along.

I believe your right to speak shall not be infringed.
I believe your right to protect yourself and your family shall not be infringed.
I believe your right to prevent improper search and seizure shall not be infringed.
I believe your right to speedy and fair trial speak shall not be infringed.

Where are the problems with these items??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I know

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
There are some people that should not have access to a firearm and they needs to be some mechanism in place to remove firearms when someone is extremely dangerous with a potential to user them HOWEVER there also needs to hard and predefined limits to how this can be used and for rights to be restored. Due process must be adhered to.

Huh? Most cops shooting people are doing so as a result of a dangerous / illegal activity in process. Most times it is justified, unfortunate, but justified. Very few cases are determined that the LEO was at fault thought it does happen too much.

Huh? Your explanations for most things aligns with this newer several decade trend of lack of logic which is why I am no longer a Dem.

You would think that important items such as rights and liberty would be more universal and held in better regard across all political spectrum - and that the difference would be how to address the faults in the system to make it better so that it applies fair opportunity to all. But no - the left is trying to bring down the system. Maybe everyone on the left does not realize it but the useful idiots will follow along.

I believe your right to protect yourself and your family shall not be infringed.
I believe your right to prevent improper search and seizure shall not be infringed.
I believe your right to speedy and fair trial speak shall not be infringed.

Where are the problems with these items??

I know
And i believe your right to sport your tin foil hat..." the left is trying to bring down the system.". a just another talking point of the rights .. talk about a big wide brush

you cant just have the change you want nor can I

Most cops shooting people are doing so as a result of a dangerous / illegal activity in process. Most times it is justified, unfortunate, but justified.

Due process ^^^^^^unfortunate, but justified.

take guns from a potential threat "Due process must be adhered to.

but red flag bill to you is outrageous you just made my point
Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

And i believe your right to sport your tin foil hat...
I didn't see that one in the Bill of Rights....maybe in the living and breathing addendum...
Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
And i believe your right to sport your tin foil hat..." the left is trying to bring down the system.". a just another talking point of the rights .. talk about a big wide brush

Most cops shooting people are doing so as a result of a dangerous / illegal activity in process. Most times it is justified, unfortunate, but justified.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/...rundel-county/

Red flag bill ends this mans life at the hands of police.
Sounds to me like he answers door, sees it is police so he places his handgun down next to the door, is told or reads the ERPO and gets irate, picks his gun back up and the cop tries to physically take it from him instead of negotiating with the man who is clearly upset. That is not a reason to murder someone. The cop made a choice to grab at the gun and clearly it was the wrong choice. If I was that guy I would have said see you in court and shut the door.
Pretty sad story.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
that sure is not the case in Washington

yep

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I don't do tinfoil hats and conspiracies so nice try.

Quote:
I want a peaceful more benevolent society where people treat each other better and those same people a free to live their lives under less control of others - what do you ant?

Quote:

Yes terrible. I wish there was away to say "everyone freeze for 2 days" while we work this out. That is the sad part of judgement calls - you have to make one in an instant that will forever have ramifications on all involved. You have been there before, right? How do you get around that??

Quote:
Due Process must be adhered to for everything smartguy, in every where and way possible if circumstances allow it. That should be the default and applied evenly. We are not there yet but that is what we should be moving toward.

Quote:
You didn't make any point. You claim you have made a point, you may have convinced yourself you have made a point but there is not point.

As I have stated before Red Flag systems may be the way to go and may be an acceptable but necessary impact on one's rights but they have to figure out the Due Process, guarantees of it being judicious and fair, with ability to appeal. Due Process. What do you not understand about that??

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-09-2018, 09:04 AM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
No, he says something that he thinks is reasonable (even if it isn't) and his handlers remind him that the NRA was a big supporter and he has to walk the statement back...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-10-2018, 05:17 AM   #9
wdmso

The National Rifle Association has sued Florida after it passed a gun control

will they sue RI if their Red flag bill passes

I am guessing they will argue waiting 3days and being 21 s an infringement of your right to own gun..

on this they will go with an originalist view of the wording of the 2a

then change to 21st century reading of 2a in the argument on for bump stocks