Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-06-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

Latest poll

Shows Dems failed to provide enough to impeach. Couple this with Trumps surging numbers and the local nuts must be sleepless. A party without a compass will go in circles

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Shows Dems failed to provide enough to impeach. Couple this with Trumps surging numbers and the local nuts must be sleepless. A party without a compass will go in circles
No source. Good to see you’re scared.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No source. Good to see you’re scared.
You know he's not scared. He has no reason to be. Trump isn't going to get removed, and your side is fielding candidates with no wide appeal. I thought Biden was formidable, but calling a voter in Iowa "fat" and challenging him to a pushup contest, may not play well. That, and his admission that he likes it when young boys rub his leg hair...yeesh.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:09 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Many of the polls also show they do not want an impeachment.
Gallup
Monmouth
Quinnipiac
USA Today
Old 12-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Poor Jeff , he has a difficult time acknowledging these truths.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:49 AM   #6
scottw

Representative Max Rose (D., N.Y.) pushed back Friday on efforts to include evidence from the Mueller Report in articles of impeachment against President Trump, saying that he “was very serious” when previously warning against impeaching Trump based on Mueller’s evidence.

“I was against going through with the impeachment previous to this Ukraine matter,” Rose told CNN. “So with the understanding that I’m not going to entertain any hypotheticals, I was very serious when I came out and said that.”

Earlier this week, Rose said he would wait to see the articles before deciding if he’d vote to impeach.

Rep. Collin Peterson (D)Minnesota

After his "no" vote, Peterson said in a statement that the process "continues to be hopelessly partisan."

"I have some serious concerns with the way the closed-door depositions were run, and am skeptical that we will have a process that is open, transparent and fair. Without support from Senate Republicans, going down this path is a mistake," Peterson said.

Peterson said in September that impeachment would further polarize the country.

“If anyone thinks a partisan impeachment process would constrain President Trump, they are fooling themselves. Without significant bipartisan support, impeachment proceedings will be a lengthy and divisive action with no resolution,” Peterson said in a statement.

Last edited by scottw; 12-07-2019 at 06:00 AM..
Old 12-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
GREATEST PRESIDENT OF OUR LIFETIME 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I do have a few issues with our President Donald Trump.

This economy is so good (BEST OF OUR LIFETIME) that sitting in traffic is a daily thing because record numbers of vehicles are on the roads going to work every day and add in the fact price of gas & diesel has been low and stable, not bouncing up & down

Trying to go to a restaurant for dinner (any day of the week) long lines and waiting list for a table 🤭

Every where I drive there is unsightly construction going on. I go into Boston and cranes everywhere blocking the view of the city skyline 🤭
Old 12-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #8
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

I do have a few issues with our President Donald Trump.

This economy is so good (BEST OF OUR LIFETIME) that sitting in traffic is a daily thing because record numbers of vehicles are on the roads going to work every day and add in the fact price of gas & diesel has been low and stable, not bouncing up & down

Trying to go to a restaurant for dinner (any day of the week) long lines and waiting list for a table 🤭

Every where I drive there is unsightly construction going on. I go into Boston and cranes everywhere blocking the view of the city skyline 🤭

Ronnie....I have worked building homes for over 45 years. Right now the demand for new homes is as high as I have ever seen it. We are working like mad trying to keep up. Customers are not hesitating because they know if they dont buy..someone else will.
Obviously it is the very strong economy driving this buying.

Most all the guys I work with, (except those with questionable legal status) support the President and his policies.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #9
wdmso

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

Unlike dangles linkless offering this poll is 47 for and 43 against

But unlike the Trump fan club and Republicans who see any poll suggesting against impeachment.

As some kind of an affirmation of Trump and his conduct.. is based in fantasies.. their selling a narritave if he gets impeached anyone who was against it are magically going to be outraged and vote Republican..

Funny to see the data Republicans once called fake. They now embrace
Dems thought poll were right in 2016 ..

Heres a poll you'll call fake

President Donald Trump is unpopular. In fact, through 1,048 days, his average approval rating is back to being the very worst of the polling-era presidents. According to FiveThirtyEight, he’s at 41.6
Old 12-07-2019, 09:42 AM   #10
Sea Dangles

Once again you have overlooked the fact that he is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

If only the Dems could run a true moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
No he's not

There are going to be negative order of effects probably approaching Jimmy Carter level (and you panty bunchers, Trump in some ways is an Obama failure ).

But I am still not convinced this is near as bad as a Hillary Admin.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Once again you have overlooked the fact that he is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Gee wiz, we haven’t heard that broken record enough, but it’s no surprise to hear that party line. You have your opinion, it in no way makes it so, I’d give him decent marks for holding on to a strong economy, but at a big expense that we all will have to pay later; this administration just like other keeps spending beyond its means.

I’d give him low marks on foreign affairs, he has emboldened Putin and legitimized NK without getting a damn thing in return and Syria and Middle East handling is beyond pour.

Environmental policies are a complete fail, but maybe your kids children can find a new planet to live on in the suburbs.

For a guy that claimed to get in to solve the immigration problem, he has just made a big fat mess of it, the problem expanding under his administration.

If he is the best ever, why do all the truly quality people run for the door after a short visit to the circus and we are left with countless temporary appointments and a nut job rogue lawyer handling foreign policy.

If all you care about is your bank account and a lower tax bill if your a higher earner, then your narrow vision sees what it’s capable of seeing, nothing off to the side or in the future.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

I appreciate your opinion.👍🏽
Old 12-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Gee wiz, we haven’t heard that broken record enough, but it’s no surprise to hear that party line. You have your opinion, it in no way makes it so, I’d give him decent marks for holding on to a strong economy, but at a big expense that we all will have to pay later; this administration just like other keeps spending beyond its means.

He is not "holding on" to a strong economy. He changed some of the things that he had power over which were holding the economy back, namely lowering taxes and eliminating a lot of economy choking regulations. Without that, we might be still "holding on" to a weak economy, or worse.

I’d give him low marks on foreign affairs, he has emboldened Putin and legitimized NK without getting a damn thing in return and Syria and Middle East handling is beyond pour.

I had an involuntary short burst of laughter reading that. Putin has always been a bold authoritarian. He invaded Ukraine during the previous administration. He constantly tested the West. NK was always been "legitimate." It didn't get any more so during Trump's era. He has harassed it more the most other Presidents. I'm not seeing a greater threat from nor a more burning mess in he Middle East now than during the previous administration. It actually seems to be quieter.

Environmental policies are a complete fail, but maybe your kids children can find a new planet to live on in the suburbs.

Our environment is fine. We are not in charge of every one else's.

For a guy that claimed to get in to solve the immigration problem, he has just made a big fat mess of it, the problem expanding under his administration.

I thought the number of border crossings is down,

If he is the best ever, why do all the truly quality people run for the door after a short visit to the circus and we are left with countless temporary appointments and a nut job rogue lawyer handling foreign policy.

They are replaced with other quality people who don't try to undermine him.

If all you care about is your bank account and a lower tax bill if your a higher earner, then your narrow vision sees what it’s capable of seeing, nothing off to the side or in the future.
The whole spectrum of our society is doing better. If you're concerned about the national debt all of a sudden, it had already been unsustainable under normal conditions. The only way to have brought it under control is cut a lot of program spending and limit the federal government to only programs that are allowed to it under the Constitution, and to allow the economy enough freedom to produce enough wealth to create the revenue necessary to actually make payments on the debt rather than only on the interest.

Trump's main contribution to the spending problem was the money for the military. That is actually a constitutionally legitimate expenditure. And it was so large because the military had been underfunded. He is not as gung ho about the other giveaways that have been the hallmark of federal spending, though he may have given away a few goodies that he shouldn't. But he has fulfilled a great deal of what is needed to increase government revenue without crushing taxes that would shrink the overall economy.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Never would guessed that would be your blue man group response, predictable and you of course are entitled to your opinion and it to doesn’t make it so.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #16
wdmso

They are replaced with other quality people who don't try to undermine him.

this is the funniest and scariest post of the day
Old 12-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

They are the best group of boot lickers EVER!
Old 12-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Thanks for sharing
Old 12-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Many of the polls also show they do not want an impeachment.
Gallup
Monmouth
Quinnipiac
USA Today
In the spring of 1974, despite the indictment of top former White House aides, and Nixon’s release of what were seen as “heavily edited” transcripts of tapes of his aides plotting to get White House enemies, the public was still divided over what to do about the president. For example, by June, 44% in the Gallup Poll thought he should be removed from office, while 41% disagreed.

Only in early August, following the House Judiciary Committee’s recommendation in July that Nixon be impeached and the Supreme Court’s decision that he surrender his audio tapes, did a clear majority – 57% – come to the view that the president should be removed from office.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Never would guessed that would be your blue man group response, predictable and you of course are entitled to your opinion and it to doesn’t make it so.
I'm no less consistent than you. Don't know why you'd expect something different.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:59 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
[/COLOR]
this is the funniest and scariest post of the day
I was born on holloween.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:58 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In the spring of 1974, despite the indictment of top former White House aides, and Nixon’s release of what were seen as “heavily edited” transcripts of tapes of his aides plotting to get White House enemies, the public was still divided over what to do about the president. For example, by June, 44% in the Gallup Poll thought he should be removed from office, while 41% disagreed.

Only in early August, following the House Judiciary Committee’s recommendation in July that Nixon be impeached and the Supreme Court’s decision that he surrender his audio tapes, did a clear majority – 57% – come to the view that the president should be removed from office.
But, but, Nixon

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-08-2019, 05:41 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But, but, Nixon
Something some people would do well to remember.
History, more apt to repeat than not.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #24
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Something some people would do well to remember.
History, more apt to repeat than not.
You must have a lot in common with history.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But, but, Nixon
but but Hilary or biden seeing hearing facts dont seem to work I doubt reading them will work any better .... but lets Try anyway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75576385_10157666011304882_3301156316617113600_n.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	66729  
Old 12-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Your talking to a wall, they don’t care, the means justify the end; no matter how much corruption is involved. If this were happening in the private sector, they might be fitting him for an orange jump suit, be a perfect match for his face tone.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #27
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Your talking to a wall, they don’t care, the means justify the end; no matter how much corruption is involved. If this were happening in the private sector, they might be fitting him for an orange jump suit, be a perfect match for his face tone.
Just enjoy the common ground that you share with one another. America 1st sounds good to me!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
but but Hilary or biden seeing hearing facts dont seem to work I doubt reading them will work any better .... but lets Try anyway
Nope, didn't work

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Complete nonsense. His was in the private sector for a LONG time and never did any jail time. Try to get a grip
Old 12-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Complete nonsense. His was in the private sector for a LONG time and never did any jail time. Try to get a grip
Because his crooked father taught him how to cheat very well...that line is ending.