Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
jeffthechef
shut up and fish

Taiyo regulator

any ideas what may cause no air to pass thru it? i got this reg. used as part of a package, so i really don't know the last time it was used (supposed 3 years), or if it works, OR if i just don't know anything about it (the only sure thing). it's hooked up correctly to a new badger compressor, when i turn on the compressor the reg. guage flutters between 0 and 20 psi, but no air comes thru the outflow side? when i turn the grey plastic knob on top, it doesn't seem to do anything either....any ideas, any input would be appreciated. i do not know squat about any of this mechanical stuff....
jeffthechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
There is only one correct way in and one correct way out? Is it hooked up correctly??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
jeffthechef
shut up and fish

yeah, it is definitely hooked up according to airflow arrows molded on body. the air goes in but doesn't come out except for some leakage around top knob.... on the inlet side there is a small hole where the air obviously passes in. on the outlet side it seems both visually and structurally airtight, you cannot even blow into it??? my guess is that the control valve is stuck shut? a pal has offered to take a look at it, which is good because i will only break or make worse something i have no clue about! learning to make plugs encompasses a lot more than turning wood!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
pbadad

Jeff,drop it off at the shop. I will surely get to the source of the problem.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 AM   #5
jeffthechef
shut up and fish

thanks billy! I took it apart and found the issue. i'll catch you later.