Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Oh for f*ck's sake, you think he was being literal?

Obama went on camera and said Republicans needed to get to the back of the bus. It never occurred to me, not for a second, that he meant it literally.

That's the best you have? You are seriously afraid that Trump will drag you to 5th Ave in NY and shoot you?

Deranged. Totally unhinged.
I'm deranged when I point out Trump's approach to the rule of law.

He would be King, after all as he claims, the country would fail without him.

Just read his tweets

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I'm deranged when I point out Trump's approach to the rule of law.

He would be King, after all as he claims, the country would fail without him.

Just read his tweets
You're deranged if you ignore it when Obama says that Republicans have to sit in the back of the bus (I was never worried that a bus was actually coming), but terrified when Trump jokingly says he could shoot someone and people would still love him.

You really think that was a credible threat? How many people has he shot? How many people is he accused of shooting?

"He would be King"

Fortunately the constitution says he can't. Obama was also a narcissist who said that his inauguration would be remembered as the day that waters stopped rising and the planet began to heal. But it's OK when Obama claims that he can change the weather. When democrats use hyperbole, it's no biggie, but it's a problem when republicans do it.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just read his tweets
I don't care what he tweets. I'd rather read the obituaries looking for jihadists, and the business page to see how low unemployment is doing and how the market is doing.

I don't care how vulgar he is, not if he's keeping us safe and putting us to work. It would be nice if he could do those things and be decent about it. But if I have to choose between results or style, that's easy.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

No I don’t think Trump will shoot someone but I do not think he believes laws should apply to him.
That is the difference between a King and a President
You can discuss that with Rex Tillerson.
But he went from the best to lazy in a very short time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
No I don’t think Trump will shoot someone but I do not think he believes laws should apply to him.
That is the difference between a King and a President
You can discuss that with Rex Tillerson.
But he went from the best to lazy in a very short time.
you are free to believe he thinks he’s above the law. i am free to think Obama despised white cops.

hopefully with trump, we will soon know something meaningful, instead of relying on what we think.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #66
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
instead of relying on what we think.
in this group, that would be a terrible precedent to set.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #67
wdmso

Quote:
you are free to believe he thinks he’s above the law. i am free to think Obama despised white cops.

hopefully with trump, we will soon know something meaningful, instead of relying on what we think.
Such a horrible potus he was for speaking out about white cops and cops in general who shoot unarmed black and white people .... how many people were shot just for being black in the last 3 months . I know of several or 3 cops who sent each other’s texts to beat up a black lives matter protesters . And the guy they target was a black under cover officer in the crowd.. you live in a white washed world you need to get out more
Old 12-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Such a horrible potus he was for speaking out about white cops and cops in general who shoot unarmed black and white people .... how many people were shot just for being black in the last 3 months . I know of several or 3 cops who sent each other’s texts to beat up a black lives matter protesters . And the guy they target was a black under cover officer in the crowd.. you live in a white washed world you need to get out more
He attacked the Cambridge police (after admitting he didn't know what happened, but he knew a black person was upset with white cops, and that was enough for him to take sides), who did they shoot? Please inform us?

You work in law enforcement, you think white cops are systematically targeting black people for racial assassinations?

"how many people were shot just for being black in the last 3 months "

I don't know. I know that a LOT MORE were shot by fellow blacks, than were shot by white cops.

"I know of several or 3 cops who sent each other’s texts to beat up a black lives matter protesters "

We have no way of knowing if that's true.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-11-2018 at 09:22 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

It might be an alternative fact
Old 12-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #70
wdmso

Quote:
He attacked the Cambridge police (after admitting he didn't know what happened, but he knew a black person was upset with white cops, and that was enough for him to take sides), who did they shoot? Please inform us?

You work in law enforcement, you think white cops are systematically targeting black people for racial assassinations?

"how many people were shot just for being black in the last 3 months "

I don't know. I know that a LOT MORE were shot by fellow blacks, than were shot by white cops.

"I know of several or 3 cops who sent each other’s texts to beat up a black lives matter protesters "

We have no way of knowing if that's true.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ing-protester/

https://wgno.com/2018/11/27/the-chan...-alabama-mall/

. I know that a LOT MORE were shot by fellow blacks, than were shot by white cops

Wow that’s a twisted way to rationalize cops killing unarmed blacks
Old 12-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ing-protester/

https://wgno.com/2018/11/27/the-chan...-alabama-mall/

. I know that a LOT MORE were shot by fellow blacks, than were shot by white cops

Wow that’s a twisted way to rationalize cops killing unarmed blacks
"Wow that’s a twisted way to rationalize cops killing unarmed blacks"

WTF are you talking about? I wasn't rationalizing cops killing unarmed blacks. I was pointing out that other blacks are a far bigger threat to blacks, than white cops. Liberals bend over backwards to avoid talking about it, because it doesn't serve their agenda. Why not start with the biggest threat, first? If you went to the ER with a harpoon sticking out of your jugular, do you want the surgeon to worry about removing a wart on your toe?

There are 300 million people in the country, god knows how many thousands of cops. There are tons of interactions between cops and civilians, some under the most stressful circumstances imaginable, so mistakes will be made, and of course there are a few bad apples among the ranks of white cops. There is no widespread institutional agenda to kill unarmed blacks.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #72
wdmso

Quote:
"Wow that’s a twisted way to rationalize cops killing unarmed blacks"

WTF are you talking about? I wasn't rationalizing cops killing unarmed blacks. I was pointing out that other blacks are a far bigger threat to blacks, than white cops.

Why would that have any bearing on the topic ?

Liberals bend over backwards to avoid talking about it, because it doesn't serve their agenda.

What agenda? Again you attempt to equate violence crime and police shooting as again some how the same..

Why not start with the biggest threat, first? See above

If you wentThere is no widespread institutional agenda to kill unarmed blacks. Black people would beg to differ

No one has ever suggested all cops are bad. But that’s all conservatives hear But again facts are not on your side

Data collected by the Washington Post on the use of lethal force by police officers since 2015 indicate that, relative to the portion of the population, Blacks are over-represented among all those killed by police under all circumstances. As is evident in Figure 1 below, (looking at the top blue bar) according to the US Census estimates, Blacks made up 13% of the population. However, in 2015 they accounted for 26% of those that were killed by police, in 2016, 24%, and in 2017, 23% of all those killed by police. In other words, Blacks were the victims of the lethal use of force by police at nearly twice their rate in the general population.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #73
detbuch

Quote:
In other words, Blacks were the victims of the lethal use of force by police at nearly twice their rate in the general population.
At what rate were blacks involved in police actions? At what rate did blacks commit violent crimes? Did the rate that blacks committed crimes put them at higher risk of contact with police and higher risk of being killed by police?
Old 12-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
No one has ever suggested all cops are bad. But that’s all conservatives hear But again facts are not on your side

Data collected by the Washington Post on the use of lethal force by police officers since 2015 indicate that, relative to the portion of the population, Blacks are over-represented among all those killed by police under all circumstances. As is evident in Figure 1 below, (looking at the top blue bar) according to the US Census estimates, Blacks made up 13% of the population. However, in 2015 they accounted for 26% of those that were killed by police, in 2016, 24%, and in 2017, 23% of all those killed by police. In other words, Blacks were the victims of the lethal use of force by police at nearly twice their rate in the general population.
"Why would that have any bearing on the topic ?"

Because it shows that your side isn't interested in addressing problems, not even interested in admitting problems, unless they are politically convenient. Let's ignore the rampant black-on-black violence, to focus on the rare (but tragic) cases of white cops behaving horribly. There's also a huge difference between a scared cop making a good-faith mistake, and a pre-meditated racial assassination.

"What agenda?"

You know what agenda. To spread the bull that liberal=good, conservative=bad.

"If you wentThere is no widespread institutional agenda to kill unarmed blacks. Black people would beg to differ"

Well their differing would be based on political manipulation (the purpose of all the hype), not on anything close to facts.

"No one has ever suggested all cops are bad. But that’s all conservatives hear"

Wrong. You have a serious, serious issue with reading comprehension and short term memory, because you have a constant habit of responding to insane gibberish that no one ever said. I never claimed that liberals think "all" cops are bad. But liberals make the threat from white cops, out to be a hell of a lot more common than it is, to fire up their base.

"facts are not on your side"

Let's be very clear. Very clear. When I say that far more blacks are killed by other blacks, than are killed by white cops, you are saying the facts aren't on my side? If not, what did I actually say (as opposed to what you think I said) which differs from the facts?

"Blacks are over-represented among all those killed by police under all circumstances" I am 100% certain that is correct. But is that because cops are targeting blacks? Or is it because blacks commit a disproportionate share of violent crime, and disproportionately live in places where violent crime occurs?

If you grant that cops will occasionally make mistakes (and that unlike when I make mistakes at work, lives can be lost when they make mistakes), it stands to reason that most mistakes will occur in high stress situations, in settings where cops feel endangered - urban high-crime areas. Common sense also suggests that if one group lives disproportionately in those areas, they will make up a disproportionate share of victims of mistakes.

I'm not saying white cops are never guilty of premeditated murder. I'm saying that some cases of white cops shooting unarmed blacks, are cops making honest mistakes as opposed to premeditated assassinations, and that race has nothing to do with it. Sadly, there is ALWAYS going to be collateral damage when enforcing laws, and the ethnical make-up of victims of that damage will reflect the ethnic makeup of dangerous, urban areas.

Admitting that truth, generates no political capital. Blaming it on racist white cops, produces significant political capital. Who cares that it also produces dead cops, right? As long as Al Sharpton remains relevant.

Here's a law of statistics you left out...correlation does not equal causation. There is no proof, none, that skin color is the reason why a disproportionate number of blacks are killed by cops.

I have no doubt that a small number of black lives can be saved by rooting out the small number of evil white cops. But FAR MORE black lives could be saved, if we could temper black-on-black violence. Yet you and your liberal ilk spend all of their time fanatically focused on the minute threat posed by white cops. What other possible reason would you do so, other than politics?

According to my link, in 2016, 7,881 blacks were killed from violence. According to the uber-liberal Washington Post, 233 black men were shot by police, 16 were unarmed. 16 is 16 too many. But it's two-tenths of one percent of the black victims. 99.8% of black victims were in a category other than "unarmed killed by police".

Interestingly, among all homicide suspects whose race was known, white killers of blacks numbered only 243.

Fatherlessness kills way, way more young black men, than white cops do. You see the devastating effects of fatherlessness at your job, you know it far better than I do. But you'll ignore it, for political reasons.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-th...ack-homicides/
Old 12-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #75
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
But yet when you look at the breakdown of violent crimes, by race, they are responsible for more than twice the percentage of crimes, in regards to the percent of their population by race.

Including a whopping 52.6% of all murder arrests in 2016 and 53.1% of all murder arrests in 2017.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-21

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crime2016.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	65829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crime2017.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	65830  

Old 12-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But yet when you look at the breakdown of violent crimes, by race, they are responsible for more than twice the percentage of crimes, in regards to the percent of their population by race.
That's all because of racism. Not culture or socio-economics, just racism. Not because of the absolute collapse of the nuclear family institution in that population (because as liberals know, the nuclear family isn't really advantageous and not something that should be held as the ideal). Don't you see?
Old 12-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #77
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Another interesting statistic, Gang membership is in the low to mid 30's % range for blacks, compared to single digits to low 10% for whites.

https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/s...s/demographics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gangs.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	65831  

Old 12-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Another interesting statistic, Gang membership is in the low to mid 30's % range for blacks, compared to single digits to low 10% for whites.

https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/s...s/demographics
And all those statistics also match the socioeconomic status of the various portions of the population.
Pointing fingers to date has solved no problem.
What has happened, is that statistics for law enforcement has never been collected other than by media or identity groups and that is only recently.
What is the fear of data collection?
It's very hard to solve a problem if you don't identify and quantify it first.
Notice, I have drawn no conclusion.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #79
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Notice, I have drawn no conclusion.
Again, maybe you want to take that up with wdmso, he drew a conclusion that cops shoot blacks at a disproportionate rate based on statistics.

I was giving him more statistics to ponder.

I'm also beginning to sense a man-crush, because every time I respond to him, you come to his rescue

Old 12-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Again, maybe you want to take that up with wdmso, he drew a conclusion that cops shoot blacks at a disproportionate rate based on statistics.

I was giving him more statistics to ponder.

I'm also beginning to sense a man-crush, because every time I respond to him, you come to his rescue
Didn’t realize I was rescuing him
Though perhaps you and Jim should look in the mirror when you tag team and highfive

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Didn’t realize I was rescuing him
Though perhaps you and Jim should look in the mirror when you tag team and highfive
TDF and i have disagreed in the past. when all the game takes point to one conclusion, you want to fault us for agreeing with the obvious?

Pete, just because a republican says that 2+2=4, doesn’t make it wrong.

99.8% of black victims of lethal violence, were something other than unarmed blacks killed by cops. If you want to obsess over the 0.2%, giidnfor you. if 90% were killed
by other blacks, i say let’s fix that, let’s atbleast talk about it. You won’t. You can’t, because it doesn’t serve liberalism. All
that matters to you people, is ideology.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #82
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Maybe Alissa Milano can help him through his #MeToo moment.

Does this mean I can't be on SCOTUS?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
TDF and i have disagreed in the past. when all the game takes point to one conclusion, you want to fault us for agreeing with the obvious?

Pete, just because a republican says that 2+2=4, doesn’t make it wrong.

99.8% of black victims of lethal violence, were something other than unarmed blacks killed by cops. If you want to obsess over the 0.2%, giidnfor you. if 90% were killed
by other blacks, i say let’s fix that, let’s atbleast talk about it. You won’t. You can’t, because it doesn’t serve liberalism. All
that matters to you people, is ideology.
You people
I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again
You don’t know me
There is nothing liberal or conservative in what I wrote
But as usual you feel required to name call
To tell the truth I would much rather be called a liberal than a Trumplican
At least liberals have dreams and don’t whine like victims

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #84
PaulS

Quote:
Does this mean I can't be on SCOTUS?
With your judicial experience I don't think you would be confirmed to the Supreme Court. However looking at some of the nominations put forth by individual 1 you probably would be confirmed for an appellate court judgeship.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
You people
You don’t know me
There is nothing liberal or conservative in what I wrote
But as usual you feel required to name call
To tell the truth I would much rather be called a liberal than a Trumplican
At least liberals have dreams and don’t whine like victims

i do know
you. almost every post is a foaming at the mouth, thoughtless, trump piece.

i whine like a victim? don’t think so. i piint our truth on both sides. you can’t come close
to that.

right, conservatives don’t have dreams,,only liberals do. i don’t have dreams for
my kids’ future, nope not at all. if only i was a liberal!!!’

of course i know you. liberal=good, conservative=bad. is there any more to know?

liberals
don’t whine or play the victim card? they don’t throw temper tantrums when conservatives try to speak? good lord, man. liberals don’t whine!!!! good one!! did you watch any news on the eve of the 2016 election? here are some
liberals showing us how
not to whine or play the victim card. Right??

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-11-2018 at 08:26 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 10:02 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i do know
you. almost every post is a foaming at the mouth, thoughtless, trump piece.

i whine like a victim? don’t think so. i piint our truth on both sides. you can’t come close
to that.

right, conservatives don’t have dreams,,only liberals do. i don’t have dreams for
my kids’ future, nope not at all. if only i was a liberal!!!’

of course i know you. liberal=good, conservative=bad. is there any more to know?

liberals
don’t whine or play the victim card? they don’t throw temper tantrums when conservatives try to speak? good lord, man. liberals don’t whine!!!! good one!! did you watch any news on the eve of the 2016 election? here are some
liberals showing us how
not to whine or play the victim card. Right??

Don’t fool yourself that you are a conservative
You are the role model for Christian Fascists

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #87
Nebe

Old 12-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t fool yourself that you are a conservative
You are the role model for Christian Fascists
what is the single
most christian fascist thing you’ve seen me post?

i’m a fascist. you are something, you really are.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:06 PM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
You people
You don’t know me . . .But as usual you feel required to name call
To tell the truth I would much rather be called a liberal than a Trumplican . . . Don’t fool yourself . . . You are the role model for Christian Fascists
Pot kettle
Old 12-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
what is the single
most christian fascist thing you’ve seen me post?

i’m a fascist. you are something, you really are.
i’m serious here, Pete. you called me a christian fascist. Can you tell us what i’ve ever posted, thatbwould make anyone think i’m a christian fascist?

Nene, you applauded his post. Can you tell me what i’ve ever said that’s fascistic?

for the record, conservative ideology ( which i usually but not always agree with) is pretty much the exact opposite of fascism.

Nebe, in today’s America, which side wants to punish those who disagree with them? which side goes berserk when someone from the other side wants to speak at college campuses? Which side had masked rioters destroying public property? Occupy Wall Street and Antifa, which side are they on? whuch side wants to eliminate offensive speech, rather than deal with it like adults?