Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-26-2019, 05:44 AM   #61
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We didn’t elect him and by that I mean I didn’t vote for a man with no morals, someone with a history of screwing others for personal gain, a pig and sexual predator, narcissist to the extreme, habitual lier, a man incapable of treating anyone with respect, the negative descriptive adjectives are endless; I voted for the lesser evil. If this is the new norm we are in deep s*hit, if nothing about the means troubles you, then feel free to ignore the wrong to get that good feeling about the economy. Trump island isn’t as good as you think it is, nor is the robust economy all his doing, but keep those blinders firmly in place and you will not see anything that disturbs you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Your as predictable as he is, insults and disrespectful behavior. If you like government to be run like The Apprentice, staffed by temps, groveling at the shows bosses feet, then you found a spot you fit in.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:35 AM   #63
Nebe

Isn’t it ironic that the people who call themselves “Pro-life” are the biggest supporters of these child concentration camps.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:51 AM   #64
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
If you like government to be run like The Apprentice, staffed by temps, groveling at the shows bosses feet, then you found a spot you fit in.
I don't, but I'm not consumed with permanent TDS and understand that he won, he's the president, and come the next election either he gets re-elected or he doesn't. That's how it works. I realize that, just like every other president, not everything he touches turns to gold nor does everything turn to chit.

I also know that whining like a 3 year old incessantly on a fishing board isn't going to change that fact. Ever since he won the election it's been one looooooong Sky Scream by everybody who didn't like the results. Nothing but labels and name calling.

It's been almost 3 years since the election, the country is still here, I still have my job, and my Family is healthy and happy.

and I'm going to say this one more time, and I'll type slowly so you can keep up.

I.......Didn't.....Vote....For.........Trump

Old 06-26-2019, 06:57 AM   #65
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

See that’s where you are 100% wrong, I’m complaining about the job he is or isn’t doing and ever time I or other do it’s the canned Trumpism; what about Hillary, what about Obama. We complain about the present and others are living in the past.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:04 AM   #66
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
See that’s where you are 100% wrong, I’m complaining about the job he is or isn’t doing and ever time I or other do it’s the canned Trumpism; what about Hillary, what about Obama. We complain about the present and others are living in the past.
and the previous adminstration gave us a steady chorus for 8 years of "What about Bush" on the board. Now they are just getting what they gave.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #67
Sea Dangles

I understand not being happy with a president. But yes the daily grind has become nothing more than white noise they emit on a daily basis. How dare his base stick with him has become a battle cry of sorts. They parrot their leaders like Pelosi and Warren...ca caw.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #68
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I don't like Trump, I did not vote for him, I wrote somebody in. He is is petty, makes bad decisions, and can't keep a full bench. He has done some good things and has done some bad.

I don't think he is worse than Obama. I liked Obama, just don't like his politics and many of his decisions have lasting negative implications.

I will probably vote for Trump in 2020 (can't believe I am saying this) as I have to choose to vote for a vile guy like Trump or for a increasingly Orwellian Democratic party that will disassemble this country, take my rights away, and tax me to death up until the point they get rid of individual rights, free speech, and self protection.

Before all you Leftniks get your panties in a bunch, the Dem's want to eliminate Borders and Border Protection, Abolish ICE and Police, define speech and restrict 2A. I am a Free Speech, Right to Keep and Bear arms, and Due Process Absolutist. Everyone that values individual liberties should be.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
We didn’t elect him and by that I mean I didn’t vote for a man with no morals, someone with a history of screwing others for personal gain, a pig and sexual predator, narcissist to the extreme, habitual lier, a man incapable of treating anyone with respect, the negative descriptive adjectives are endless; I voted for the lesser evil. If this is the new norm we are in deep s*hit, if nothing about the means troubles you, then feel free to ignore the wrong to get that good feeling about the economy. Trump island isn’t as good as you think it is, nor is the robust economy all his doing, but keep those blinders firmly in place and you will not see anything that disturbs you.
the choice was between two people
devoid of morals. that was the choice. the only real difference is that hilary isn’t accused of being a sexual predator,?but she married one, lied to defend him, and slut shamed his victims on national tv. if she’s a better role
model, i don’t see it. she’s not as overtly obnoxious as he is, but every bit as corrupt.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #70
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Before all you Leftniks get your panties in a bunch, the Dem's want to eliminate Borders and Border Protection, Abolish ICE and Police, define speech and restrict 2A. I am a Free Speech, Right to Keep and Bear arms, and Due Process Absolutist. Everyone that values individual liberties should be.
Oh lord
Old 06-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #71
Jim in CT

and i would never, ever have voted for him in a primary. not in a million years. but i plugged my nose and cited for him in the general.

his behavior is the most outlandish of any potus in my lifetime. combined with the fact that he made everyone in the left ( as well as myself) look idiotic by annihilating someone we all said was unbeatable, and it’s clear why they despise him so much. he humiliated us. the hate is everywhere.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:58 AM   #72
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Oh lord
Abolish the police !
Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #73
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Abolish the police !
John is starting to resemble a later season Robert Heinlein these days.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:35 AM   #74
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Abolish the police !
Awwwww, look at you two celebrating Pride Month with an internet Reach Around

Old 06-26-2019, 08:48 AM   #75
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

And more demented logic at work.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/busin...rnd/index.html

Dems: "These Children have no Beds, we need to get them beds"

BCFS: "We just ordered $200,000 worth of beds to help them"

Dems: "We will walk out on you if you sell them beds"

Brilliant

Old 06-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #76
Sea Dangles

This makes sense to #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s
Old 06-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This makes sense to #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s
is this real? not made up? they complain about conditions, then complain when we try to improve conditions?

ya gotta love liberal logic.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:25 AM   #78
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
is this real? not made up? they complain about conditions, then complain when we try to improve conditions?

ya gotta love liberal logic.
Now who is using children as pawns?

Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Now who is using children as pawns?
gee, when you put it that way, it almost makes their outrage ( which didn’t exist when obama put children in cages), seem, well, less than fully sincere??

I also see that AOC is encouraging the employees to strike. Good for her.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #80
FishermanTim

It boils down to one simple fact...you can't win when arguing about this topic.
If you're right, you're still wrong because someone will not like that you are right.
If you are wrong then someone else will constantly remind you of this (probable) ONE TIME you were wrong as if it were the standard of your life and thought process.

As for the bed issue, who's to say that these kids don't have (or did have) nice beds but had them removed in order to "create" this issue? What if they had beds but the drug-running mules that were paid to try and get them over the border TOOK them from them?
You know, thieves stealing from children/easy targets?

We seem to be force fed tailored stories and events with manufactured facts in order to elicit a desired response, usually from the weak willed and feeble-minded sheep of the world.

That's how it seems to me.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #81
Jim in CT

it’s funny, until very recently, all the liberals said the problem at our southern border was a “manufactured crisis”, fabricated by Trump to fire up his base. Now all of a sudden, the crisis is so real that we have concentration camps. that sure deteriorated quickly!!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #82
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
it’s funny, until very recently, all the liberals said the problem at our southern border was a “manufactured crisis”, fabricated by Trump to fire up his base. Now all of a sudden, the crisis is so real that we have concentration camps. that sure deteriorated quickly!!
funny how that works...

https://www.businessinsider.com/immi...sp3hZWFQc81opQ

Old 06-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #83
spence

Quote:
You really are just that blind.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
You really are just that blind.
log on, lob a baseless insult, scurry off, repeat.

everyone in DC, on both sides, gets a richly deserved grade of F on this issue. but neither you nor the media gave a frogs fat azz, until Trump took office. that photo in the article TDF shared, got exactly zero attention at the time. None. Because you and the
media were too busy getting weak in the knees every time obama
spoke, to hold him accountable for
anything. But the second Trump took the oath, Bam, then you started caring.

Make. That. Wrong.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:35 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

This thread is like the middle school argument from my childhood: "your mother wears army boots", "No, your's does".

On the Trumpist right the response has been to simultaneously deny that Trump is heartless and cruel and then claim in the same breath that Obama did all of this heartless and cruel stuff first, meanwhile the Democrats are claiming to be virgins.

Never mind that the real answer is that immigration is a complex problem that warrants a serious bipartisan commitment to working toward solutions like codifying DACA, coming up with common sense policies on visas and legal immigration, and, oh, maybe, ending the war on drugs that has trashed countries like Honduras and El Salvador. Just spitballing here.

https://thebulwark.com/its-hypocrisy-all-the-way-down/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #86
Jim in CT

you forgot securing the border in some fashion. how did our war on drugs, trash honduras and el salvador? that’s a sincere question...
Old 06-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

Drug trafficking adds to the violence. U.S.-led interdiction efforts in Colombia, Mexico, and the Caribbean have pushed trafficking routes into Central America, and U.S. officials report that 90 percent of documented cocaine flows into the United States now pass through the region. DTOs sometimes partner with maras to transport and distribute narcotics, sparking turf wars. In addition to the drug trade and extortion, criminal groups in the region also profit from kidnapping for ransom and human trafficking and smuggling.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/cen...thern-triangle

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-26-2019, 03:13 PM   #88
Sea Dangles

PeteF chooses to ignore such a policy already exists,it was just not enforced with vigor.He just wants a new policy introduced so he can blame Trump for this mess he inherited.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #89
spence

Quote:
log on, lob a baseless insult, scurry off, repeat.
It was an observation.

Quote:
everyone in DC, on both sides, gets a richly deserved grade of F on this issue. but neither you nor the media gave a frogs fat azz, until Trump took office. that photo in the article TDF shared, got exactly zero attention at the time.
The Obama admin wasn't perfect on the issue but back in 2014 the influx of unaccompanied minors was still pretty new and the system wasn't prepared for it. Flash forward to 2018 and the Trump admin has done just about everything possible to make the problem much worse and now we have pretty much total chaos.

You guys are still buying the Trump lie that his policies were the same as Obama's or better that he's fixing Obama's problems. Far from it...
Old 06-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #90
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Go research the numbers for the past administrations and then this past year and then the difference will be clear (at least to many); policies have increased the flow.