Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

A-Rod = Steroid user

Shocker.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

Totally shocked
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
He and David Ortiz have much in common

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
basswipe

Gotta love the NY Post headline:

"A-Roid"
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Gotta love the NY Post headline:

"A-Roid"
That was great!
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
He and David Ortiz have much in common

Well, it sure isn't ability to hit in the clutch or World series rings...... Hmmm, does Ortiz like to hang out with dirty old skanks like Madonna?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

This ones pretty good too...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
EarnedStripes44

THE GOOSE IS COOKED!!!!!!
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

A-Rod admits using performance-enhancers
By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer
23 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)—Alex Rodriguez admitted Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs from 2001-03, saying he did so because of the pressures of being baseball’s highest-paid player.

“When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day,” the New York Yankees star said in an interview with ESPN that was broadcast Monday shortly after it was recorded.

His admission came two days after Sports Illustrated reported he tested positive for steroids in 2003, one of 104 players who tested positive during baseball’s survey testing, which wasn’t subject to discipline and was supposed to remain anonymous.

“And I did take a banned substance and, you know, for that I’m very sorry and deeply regretful. And although it was the culture back then and Major League Baseball overall was very—I just feel that—You know, I’m just sorry. I’m sorry for that time. I’m sorry to fans. I’m sorry for my fans in Texas. It wasn’t until then that I ever thought about substance of any kind, and since then I’ve proved to myself and to everyone that I don’t need any of that.”

The 33-year-old All-Star third baseman was regarded by many in baseball as the most likely to break Bonds’ record of 762. He’s already 12th on the career list with 553 homers, 209 behind Bonds.

Rodriguez hit 52, 57 and 47 homers in his three seasons with the Rangers, winning the first of three AL MVP awards during his final season with Texas, where he received a $252 million, 10-year contract in December 2000.

“Back then it was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young. I was stupid,” Rodriguez said. “I was naive, and I wanted to prove to everyone that, you know, I was worth, you know—and being one of the greatest players of all time.”

He joined Jason Giambi and Andy Pettitte among All-Star players who have confessed to using performance-enhancing drugs. Many other players have denied any use.

Barry Bonds, a seven-time MVP, is to go on trial next month on charges he lied when he told a grand jury in 2003 that he never knowingly used performance-enhancing drugs.

Roger Clemens, a seven-time AL Cy Young Award winner, is under investigation by a federal grand jury which is trying to determine whether he lied when he told a congressional committee last year that he never used steroids and human growth hormone.

SI.com reported Rodriguez tested positive for Primobolan and testosterone.

“It was such a loosey-goosey era. I’m guilty for a lot of things. I’m guilty for being negligent, naive, not asking all the right questions,” Rodriguez said. “And to be quite honest, I don’t know exactly what substance I was guilty of using.”

Monday’s ESPN interview directly contradicted a December 2007 interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes,” when Rodriguez said, “No” when asked whether he’s ever used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance.

On Friday, Rodriguez is still expected to attend an event at the University of Miami, which is renaming its baseball field in his honor.

He gave $3.9 million to the school in 2003, the largest gift ever to the Hurricanes’ baseball program and money that provided much of the resources needed for renovating the existing on-campus stadium. In return, the baseball complex will be called Mark Light Field at Alex Rodriguez Park.

Despite the scandal, the facility will continue to bear Rodriguez’s name, a university official said Monday. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitive nature.

Miami baseball players and coaches were not available for comment, spokesman Mark Pray said.

Associated Press Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Miami contributed to this report.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
Raven

personally

i think the whole human population of the world should be on performance enhancing supplements...

that being said...

I think it's criminal to be being paid these insanely huge salary's
as a professional player regardless of the sport... for a good performance
that is considered to be only from training hard.... so when they
deceive the Public like that they should either go to Jail or at least loose
some of the assets they accumulated during their crime spree.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

From what I've heard, Orza routinely tipped players off when they were coming up for a test.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_King View Post
Not surprised at all....
Ya, there's prolly 3 professioanl atheletes in the whole country that DON"T take them.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
FishnGrega

hes still a chump. Can't stand the guy like I can't stand the Mannings. But he is one of if not the most naturally tallented ball players MLB has ever seen, until he went and effed it up by going on the sauce. Tard
FishnGrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #14
Andy D
Just Keep On Pluggin !

I can't wait to see the names of the other 103 players who juiced.
Andy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Well, it sure isn't ability to hit in the clutch or World series rings...... Hmmm, does Ortiz like to hang out with dirty old skanks like Madonna?
Thats some funny stuff
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #16
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
i think the whole human population of the world should be on performance enhancing supplements...
or anti- something medications
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote