Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-28-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
Jim in CT

huge swing in midterm polling on abortion

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ion-poll-shows
Old 07-28-2022, 06:01 PM   #2
wdmso

Many Americans see inflation for what it is cyclical and not caused by a political party

And they see taking away peoples rights as wrong. And understand it because of a political party
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Many Americans see inflation for what it is cyclical and not caused by a political party

And they see taking away peoples rights as wrong. And understand it because of a political party
if what you say about inflation was true, polling before Roe would have been very different.

you don’t think government spending made it worse? increased supply doesn’t decrease price?
Old 07-28-2022, 08:28 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

JD Vance said women who are beaten by their husbands should stay married to them.

JD Vance said a 10 year old girl who was raped should be forced to give birth

JD Vance said Married Gay people should have their marriages stripped away
Old 07-29-2022, 05:18 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if what you say about inflation was true, polling before Roe would have been very different.

you don’t think government spending made it worse?

increased supply doesn’t decrease price?

apparently the answer to your questions is JD Vance or something...
Old 07-29-2022, 05:35 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
apparently the answer to your questions is JD Vance or something...
actually, Biden answered my question yesterday, his plan to print and spend $600 billion on wind turbines, is called the “Inflation Reduction Act”, so prices will revert back to ore inflation levels in no time.

Their willingness to avoid answering questions and changing the subject, and pretend that we don’t known hayes doing it, is something. They can’t admit the right could have a single valid point on anything, ever.
Old 07-29-2022, 05:36 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
JD Vance said women who are beaten by their husbands should stay married to them.

can you provide a link to a quote where a vance said battered wives should stay with their husbands?
Old 07-29-2022, 06:22 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Google is available
Old 07-29-2022, 06:24 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

you don’t think government spending made it worse? increased supply doesn’t decrease price?
Don’t tell me corporations have no choice but to raise prices.

Corporate profits are at a 70-year high.

Stock buybacks are expected to reach $1,000,000,000,000 this year.

Corporations are doing just fine. Regular people are not.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 06:28 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Google is available
i asked, you declined, so let’s assume you made it up. again.
Old 07-29-2022, 06:34 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
It is dangerous to assume because you might make an “ass” out of “u” and “me”.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 06:35 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t tell me corporations have no choice but to raise prices.

Corporate profits are at a 70-year high.

Stock buybacks are expected to reach $1,000,000,000,000 this year.

Corporations are doing just fine. Regular people are not.
wholesale inflation was up 11% for june over prior year. lots of companies don’t have profit margins nearly high enough to absorb that.

So as usual, you’re wrong, companies have no choice. Doesn’t mean some arent gouging. but costs of labor and raw goods are way up. that’s going to lead to higher prices in the real world.

also, the feds printed a lot of checks and handed them out to people. That obviously was a catalyst in consumer spending.

if your opposed to corporate profits pete, you should
be angry that both trump and biden mailed big fat checks to lots of people who weren’t impacted one cent by covid.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:27 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Republicans: WE HATE INFLATION!

Democrats: Here’s a bill reducing inflation.

Republicans: If you pass this, we’re going to block funding for American troops suffering from toxic exposure and funding to bring the semiconductor chip industry back to the US to compete with China.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:40 AM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

You guys are political extremists.... And the MO of today's politics and politicians puts them all in the same boat with divorce lawyers; win at all costs AND destroy the other party while doing so... (sounds like a Russian battle plan, no?) Extremism is ugly, on all sides. Look in a mirror much?

JD Vance looks to be a POS. Maybe Ohio takes a page from Massachusetts' gubernatorial history and flip their Senate race by electing a conservative wearing a Democratic hat...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:49 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Why are you afraid of an internet search ? I just looked came right up

I usually look up what you and others post before a response.

It just makes sense.

But that story you won’t find on fox or newsmax I looked

And like a true conservatives you jump right to calling it made up a lie or a hoax .. of bias media

How can one party say and do so much . Then when it’s replayed right in front of them. The deny it. With a straight face?
Old 07-29-2022, 07:49 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republicans: WE HATE INFLATION!

Democrats: Here’s a bill reducing inflation.

Republicans: If you pass this, we’re going to block funding for American troops suffering from toxic exposure and funding to bring the semiconductor chip industry back to the US to compete with China.
how does printing 600 billion more, help
inflation?

pete, do you understand that naming a bill as anti inflation, doesn’t necessarily mean it will reduce inflation?

how does printing 600 billion more dollars help to lower inflation?
Old 07-29-2022, 07:55 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
You guys are political extremists.... And the MO of today's politics and politicians puts them all in the same boat with divorce lawyers; win at all costs AND destroy the other party while doing so... (sounds like a Russian battle plan, no?) Extremism is ugly, on all sides. Look in a mirror much?

JD Vance looks to be a POS. Maybe Ohio takes a page from Massachusetts' gubernatorial history and flip their Senate race by electing a conservative wearing a Democratic hat...
What’s sad is national republicans have forgotten that Charlie Baker is a republican who only looks like a democrat because they’ve gone so far Right

In my working adult life 5 out of 6 Ma governors were Republicans
Old 07-29-2022, 08:16 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can’t understand why it’s so difficult for them to just provide you with the info. Here ya go, full quote. Stupid thing to say if you ask me

"one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace" was convincing people in "unhappy" or "even violent" marriages that getting divorced would "make people happier in the long term,"

"Maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I'm skeptical. But it really didn't work out for the kids of those marriages," Vance said, according to Vice. "And that's what I think all of us should be honest about, is we've run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that's making our kids unhappy."

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I can’t understand why it’s so difficult for them to just provide you with the info. Here ya go, full quote. Stupid thing to say if you ask me

"one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace" was convincing people in "unhappy" or "even violent" marriages that getting divorced would "make people happier in the long term,"

"Maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I'm skeptical. But it really didn't work out for the kids of those marriages," Vance said, according to Vice. "And that's what I think all of us should be honest about, is we've run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that's making our kids unhappy."
Thnaks.

So, NOWHERE in there is he saying battered wives should stay in the relationship and keep getting beaten. What Vance is saying, is that the farther away we get from traditional strong families, the worse off our kids are.

He's saying kids need more love and less self-centeredness. And Pete hates that message, which tells you everything you need to know.

And I don't like JD Vance. But he's right. He's also right about it tracing back to the sexual revolution of the 1960s, and a lot of good things came from that, but also a lot of bad things.

50% divorce rates aren't good for kids.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:37 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wholesale inflation was up 11% for june over prior year. lots of companies don’t have profit margins nearly high enough to absorb that.

So as usual, you’re wrong, companies have no choice. Doesn’t mean some arent gouging. but costs of labor and raw goods are way up. that’s going to lead to higher prices in the real world.

also, the feds printed a lot of checks and handed them out to people. That obviously was a catalyst in consumer spending.

if your opposed to corporate profits pete, you should
be angry that both trump and biden mailed big fat checks to lots of people who weren’t impacted one cent by covid.
$18,000,000,000

That’s the total profits Exxon Mobil raked in, in just one quarter this year.

The fossil fuel industry doesn’t need another subsidy.

Working families do.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Thnaks.

So, NOWHERE in there is he saying battered wives should stay in the relationship and keep getting beaten. What Vance is saying, is that the farther away we get from traditional strong families, the worse off our kids are.

He's saying kids need more love and less self-centeredness. And Pete hates that message, which tells you everything you need to know.

And I don't like JD Vance. But he's right. He's also right about it tracing back to the sexual revolution of the 1960s, and a lot of good things came from that, but also a lot of bad things.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 08:40 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
$18,000,000,000

That’s the total profits Exxon Mobil raked in, in just one quarter this year.

The fossil fuel industry doesn’t need another subsidy.

Working families do.
working families don’t need subsidies. they need less intrusion, which is nowhere near the same thing as a subsidy.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:01 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
working families don’t need subsidies. they need less intrusion, which is nowhere near the same thing as a subsidy.
But big business does

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2022, 09:08 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Thnaks.

its funny watching . How the things you take literally if they are spoken By a Democrat . and your off to the races

Compared to seeing every Republican comment as miss understood or hyperbole

and you guys run right to the usual excuses and Declare because Vance didn't say the words verbatim .. Readers are to stupid or Bias to assign meaning ... But you assigned his meaning As if you could read vances Mind and tell us what he was saying then tell us you don't like him then tell us he's right ... because he spews the usual christian nonsense

FYI Divorce in America has been falling fast in recent years, and it just hit a record low in 2019. For every 1,000 marriages in the last year, only 14.9 ended in divorce, according to the newly released American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau. This is the lowest rate we have seen in 50 years.

Atheists and Catholics Tied for Lowest Divorce Rates, how can that be then come Born-Again Christian: 27%
Jewish: 30%
Muslim: 31%
Protestant: 34%

States With Highest Divorce Rates
State Divorce Rate (per 1,000 residents) 2016 Voting Record
Alaska 4.1 Republican
Arkansas 4.8 Republican
Nevada 4.6 Democrat
Oklahoma 4.4 Republican
Wyoming 4.1 Republican

JD vance is another Grifter His flips just show that to be the case and the Gullible GOP can't see it

During the 2016 election, Vance was critical of Republican Party nominee Donald Trump. In a USA Today column in February 2016, Vance wrote "Trump's actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd."[50] In a July 2016 column for The Atlantic, Vance alluded to Karl Marx by calling Trump and his campaign promises the "opioid of the masses."[51] In October 2016, he described Trump as "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter[52] and described himself as a "never-Trump guy."[53] He also stated his intentions to vote for independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin.[52]

Vance changed his rhetoric after announcing his candidacy for the United States Senate in July 2021. He deleted posts from his Twitter account that were critical of Trump and apologized for calling Trump "reprehensible."[54] Reversing his earlier statements on Trump, Vance said that he now thought Trump was a good president and expressed regret about his statements during the 2016 election.[52] Vance had visited Mar-a-Lago to meet with Trump and Peter Thiel ahead of an official announcement.[35]

Whereas Vance had once admonished Trump for demonizing immigrants, Vance himself has repeatedly called illegal immigration "dirty".[55][56] In October 2021, Vance reiterated Trump's claims of election fraud, falsely stating that Trump lost the 2020 presidential election because of widespread voter fraud.[57]
Old 07-29-2022, 09:29 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:

FYI Divorce in America has been falling fast in recent years, and it just hit a record low in 2019.

]
probably has nothing to do with record low marriage rates...
Old 07-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #26
Jim in CT

wdmso, you said that for every 1,000 marriages last year, only 14.9% ended in divorce.

what does that mean? you’re only looking at marriages that are less than a year old?

this article says 50%. i hope it’s lower.

https://hernorm.com/marriage-and-divorce-statistics/

Old 07-29-2022, 05:18 PM   #27
wdmso

Odd no comment on the red states leading the nation in divorce rates.

All the article did was debunk Vance’s conclusion and implication that conservatives religious family values lead the way .. when they are no better at marriage then anyone else
Old 07-29-2022, 05:22 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
probably has nothing to do with record low marriage rates...
And that changes what exactly?

It’s odd this same argument didn’t work with pandemic record low gas prices .. that was twisted into Trumps doing?
Old 07-29-2022, 07:06 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Odd no comment on the red states leading the nation in divorce rates.

All the article did was debunk Vance’s conclusion and implication that conservatives religious family values lead the way .. when they are no better at marriage then anyone else
what it debunks, is your stupid statistic that 15% or marriages end in divorce

depends on who’s getting divorced in those states wayne. every red state has plenty of liberals living there.

finally, even if way more republicans cheat on their wives and get divorced, that doesn’t mean they’re wrong when they say good families are good for
kids.

do you feel the need to pattern your behavior after others? i never said republicans are better role models. but i think they have vastly superior ideas.

democrats arent hypocrites? ap
gore and john kerry are good stewards of the environment? if the greenies are right, and we all did what john kerry is doing, then ND would be exporting pineapples

if comeone has a screwed up personal life, why does that mean they can’t have good public policy ideas? also, it seems like you never, ever point out when liberals misbehave. why is that?
Old 07-29-2022, 07:10 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
But big business does
which party controls DC right now? why don’t they end subsidies?