Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Hilary's message of unity

This from Hilary, whose slogan, ironically, is "stronger together".

Here is what she said...

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

She wants to be my President?

Here is what Mike Pence said...

"The truth of the matter is that the men and women who support Donald Trump's campaign are hard-working Americans, farmers, coal miners, teachers, veterans, members of our law enforcement community, members of every class of this country, who know that we can make America great again. Let me just say, from the bottom of my heart, Hillary, they are not a basket of anything. They are Americans and they deserve your respect."

What has Trump said, that is more loathsome than what Hilary said?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
spence

I think she walked back the 1/2 remark but essentially what she said was spot on.

There's nothing wrong with calling his rhetoric out for what it is and that fact that he's a hate magnet. I don't think she's counting on David Duke's support.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I saw that last night, you should have heard the rant Jeanine Pirro went on about it. Classic

HC will divide the country even further, her campaign people are having a difficult time with damage control when she speaks which is why she doesn't do many or any press conferences.

She thinks I am deplorable, a racist or a loser. OK Hillary, I gotcha

Most people in this country see what is happening here and that is what is deplorable. Anyone who votes for her is an insult to the country's intelligence.

Trump has not said anything more loathsome than that.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think she walked back the 1/2 remark but essentially what she said was spot on.

There's nothing wrong with calling his rhetoric out for what it is and that fact that he's a hate magnet. I don't think she's counting on David Duke's support.

No, she double downed on it

Yes there is a lot wrong with it, she should NOT speak about the people who will be voting like that, stick to the opponent.
You don't hear Trump talking about Hillary supporters insulting them do you?

She is one horrible person

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post

Most people in this country see what is happening here and that is what is deplorable. Anyone who votes for her is an insult to the country's intelligence.

I guess you can decide which camp you fall into. Are you protesting the system or are you a racist, misogynistic bigot?

Trump has said more loathsome things pretty much every time he's opened his mouth.

This country for all our issues is still pretty freaking awesome. If you don't like it move to Russia. I hear things are great over there.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

Trump walked back what he said about McCain and Fiorina. He still made those remarks. It means nothing to you that she said it?

She didn't call out his rhetoric Spence (as you said, nothing wrong with that). She smeared the people who aren't voting or her. And you have zero issue with that, because she's flawless to you.

She's as divisive as he is.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #7
wdmso

Do you not think Trumps campaign hasn't attracted and often tailored its message to those people who are : Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic,

Hillary Clinton expressed "regret" Saturday for comments in which she said "half" of Donald Trump's supporters are "deplorables,"

Haven't seen the Donald express any regret for the many insults he has thrown

isn't funny to see now you guys want Political correctness from Hillary?

but you support Donald's lack of political correctness when you agree with what he has to say no matter how outrageous it is
Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Do you not think Trumps campaign hasn't attracted and often tailored its message to those people who are : Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic,

Hillary Clinton expressed "regret" Saturday for comments in which she said "half" of Donald Trump's supporters are "deplorables,"

Haven't seen the Donald express any regret for the many insults he has thrown

isn't funny to see now you guys want Political correctness from Hillary?

but you support Donald's lack of political correctness when you agree with what he has to say no matter how outrageous it is
"Haven't seen the Donald express any regret for the many insults he has thrown"

Well he has. An after-the-fact apology, doesn't erase what was said. She apologized after she caught heat for that vile statement.

"you support Donald's lack of political correctness "

Again, you are wrong. I think he's an azzhole. I don't ignore his faults. That's what you and Spence do, not me.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:30 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:

You bet she does, like Obama thinks you are a bitter clinger. It's OK when they are bigoted against half the country.

If I was a racist, I'd vote for her, and I mean that. Look at what liberalism is doing for blacks, especially in the big cities. It's precisely because I care about these people, that I say they deserve better. Go ahead and make that wrong, Spence.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:

That is totally wring. It is just bc you don't view it that way.

The comment was wrong and she said it was wrong later.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by PaulS; 09-11-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-11-2016, 10:20 AM   #11
buckman

I'm amazed at how smart some people here think they are . Let's face it Hillary walks on water
Old 09-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #12
scottw

[QUOTE=PaulS;1108009]That is totally wring. It is just bc you don't view it that way.

The comment was wrong and she said it was wrong later.

she definitely meant it ....she just regrets letting it slip publically and I'm sure some here don't disagree at all with her statement..(probably more like 98% considered deplorable than "half " in all actuality)

Clintonian Speak....nothing new...

New York (CNN) Hillary Clinton expressed "regret" Saturday for comments in which she said "half" of Donald Trump's supporters are "deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

"Last night I was 'grossly generalistic,' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' -- that was wrong, (I meant WAAAAAY more than half)" Clinton said in a statement in which she also vowed to call out "bigotry" in Trump's campaign.
The Democratic presidential nominee sparked an uproar late Friday when she described Trump's supporters at a fundraiser.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #13
FishermanTim

It all boils down to voting for the lesser of two evils.

Who do you want more: a lying, obstructive, evasive manipulator?

or Trump?

Sadly, we keep hearing more crap than consistency, more BS than substance.

When will either candidate actually discuss true issues that will affect the country and not just talk about themselves?

Sadly, like many recent elections, the issues revolve around mud-slinging and person crap instead of the real issues that need to be addressed.

We may still be the best country in the world, but our politicians don't act like it nor convey that appearance to the world. They make us look like a trailer-trash redneck on "COPS".

Now is the time for "Hope and Change".
I HOPE that whatever the CHANGE is, it doesn't destroy us!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 09-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #14
Raven

i stand proudly deplorable in my basket
Old 09-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #15
Fly Rod

Quote:

There U go with an excuse, "his rhetoric."....bad excuse spence, U twist things so to seem in her favor.....terrible....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 09-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:

As always, you are completely unable to criticize her for what was clearly a putrid thing to say. So much of liberalism on display here - her open contempt for everyone who disagrees with her, your inability to admit that she did anything wrong.

"There's nothing wrong with calling his rhetoric out for what it is "

True, there is nothing wrong with that. But there is something wrong with the fact that you can't call our her rhetoric for what it is.

"I don't think she's counting on David Duke's support."

True. But she is supposed to let the reasonable people who disagree with her, feel like she cares about our interests too. She just said that our interests are rooted in hate and racism, and therefore not something she would ever advocate for.

You just don't get it.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #17
spence

Has anyone actually read her full quote?
Old 09-12-2016, 09:24 AM   #18
Slipknot
Super Moderator

yes

Old 09-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
First, you said we should forget what she said, because she dialed it back a bit. Now, you're saying that what she said wasn't all that bad, we are just mis-informed.

Which is it?

And more importantly, what are you afraid would happen exactly, if you said aloud, "boy that was a terrible thing she said"?
Old 09-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #20
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And more importantly, what are you afraid would happen exactly, if you said aloud, "boy that was a terrible thing she said"?
Politically it wasn't the best idea but as far as gross generalizations go she was pretty spot on. When I look at Trump's support I see a lot of hate and those that just don't care.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
"You know, just to be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable. But thankfully they are not America."

Clinton then went on to explain that the other basket of Trump supporters

"are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #22
buckman

Quote:
Politically it wasn't the best idea but as far as gross generalizations go she was pretty spot on. When I look at Trump's support I see a lot of hate and those that just don't care.
Pathetic response ! Now Trump supporters just don't care?
You're losing it my friend
Old 09-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
And when I say she's a c*nt, in my opinion, that is also spot on (and I could defend that a lot easier than she could ever defend her comment). Trump thinks that what he says is spot on. So again, what's the difference?

"I see a lot of hate and those that just don't care"

No, what you see, are people who say "she is a liar, she lied about sniper fire and lots of other things". You know you cannot make that wrong, but you also know that you can never concede that the other side has ever been right, so you dismiss it as hateful.

The elitism of your side...you couldn't do more to undermine, or to care less about, the values that allow normal Americans to live happy, successful lives.

In 2016, it is impossible, to be a liberal if you are thoughtful and honest. It's just not possible, and your posts could not make that point for me any better.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #24
Nebe

the truth hurts doesn't it.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
the truth hurts doesn't it.
Sometimes it sure does. You show me that there's any truth to what she said, and I will concede your point. Until then, all rational people know it's hateful, made-up jibberish.

Spence asked if I even heard the clip. When she was listing all the ways in which I am a hatemonger (racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, Xenophobic), she ended with, and I quote "you name it". In other words, she thinks it's perfectly appropriate to pick any derogatory insult one can think of, no matter what it is, and apply it to tens of millions of people.

And she expects me to believe that if elected, she will care about what concerns me? Well, f*ck her and the lying, elitist polo pony she rode in on.

She is married to, and has enabled, a sexual predator. She has attacked the credibility of his victims. But I am a sexist, and she is a feminist?

How's that for truth, Nebe? Where am I wrong, exactly?
Old 09-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #26
Nebe

Truth is that there are deplorable's everywhere in all walks of life
Old 09-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
That is absolutely true. And it's not even close to what she said.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #28
Nebe

I'm not a fan
Old 09-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
.....and backing both candidates.

Now if people could just admit that......we wouldn't be having this conversation.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
.....and backing both candidates.

Now if people could just admit that......we wouldn't be having this conversation.
PERFECTLY SAID...