Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Eddie

Heard this on Pod this morning and I had make sure you heard the drum work. Got to hear it on good sound system. Rod M. cooking

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

this too. Lucky to have seen these guys several times and always came out of show with big smile and in awe.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
this too. Lucky to have seen these guys several times and always came out of show with big smile and in awe.

Another great interview with an articulate musician deep into his craft and able to express his love and enthusiasm for it. I really didn't want the interview to end. You not only learn so much about the learning and art that go into the playing, but the way he talks about it applies to life as well--like his belief that you must have respect for the basics if you want to master your art.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

I have one of his instructional vhs tapes somewhere ..It was really good .. ghost strokes he mentions were covered.. He counts everything and goes for the odd hits you normally wouldn't .. He comes up with some great stuff doing this . ,,, thanks Paul .. Yea ,, He definitely has passion for his art .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Yes it was a great interview. I have seen a lot of bands in my day and these guys were in the top of the heap. When I used to go see them in Boston in the early early 80's pretty much all the patrons were Berklee students and then come to find out he has taught there was interesting. My daughter is young and plays piano and I am always harping on practice and mastering the basics. She so wants to skip the basic stuff and it is hard to make her understand that I know it is sometimes boring but in the end you will benefit greatly from it. I'm sure I was the same way at here age, probably way worse.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

If I was just starting out I'd be taking advantage of all his instruction on youtube ,,, My time has passed ,.. Can still appreciate his methods ,,

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Daaa aaaaa aaamammmmm

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Hookedagain

Having been playing drums for just over 35 years now, I have seen a lot of different drummers. These guys are incredible. Very technical, and their timing is spot on. There are many guys out there that will blow your socks off. About 3 years ago I had an opportunity to meet Cater Beauford from the Dave Mathews band......awesome guy and an awesome drummer.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Big fan of Carter Beauford ,, he plays lefty and righty ,, .. doesn't matter,,extremely technical .. This Tony Royster Jr. and Billy Cobham are another category . I bet they both could be great athletes also . I remember yrs. ago they measured Mohamed Ali's blistering reaction/hand speed . In a class of his own . I bet these guys are right up there . Probably both could have been great prize fighters .

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

heard this on pod this week and thought of you as always luved the drum solo in this tune. Starts at 2 49 but whole tune is great.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

We use to cover some of his tunes .. Day of the eagle comes to mind ...

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Bridge of sighs too ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Eddie I was sitting down listening to this album earlier today and heard this drummer and thought you may enjoy this, although I 'll tell you it may be a little too Jazzy,out there, for your liking but the drummer is real good.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Caution genius at work

Maybe you probably saw this but if not , so good. I pretty much watched the whole thing, but time is needed. I have seen some of the content in other instances but this all together is very enjoyable.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

some great, different renditions, of some good tunes in Petite Orchestra style

Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Caution genius at work

Maybe you probably saw this but if not , so good. I pretty much watched the whole thing, but time is needed. I have seen some of the content in other instances but this all together is very enjoyable.

Have to keep coming back for a look now and then ,,, Love the inside scoop on Be Bop Tango and The Black Page .. Be great to see the Boston Pops take on an American Composer .

(dob 4-21-07)