Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

He also promised the VP slot to Stacy Abrams, who called the offer racist.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
that's awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64211350_2525494214127521_3648733610267115520_n.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	66277  

Last edited by scottw; 06-14-2019 at 03:39 PM..
Old 06-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #122
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Look in the mirror and what do you see?

Now point your finger and see who that guy is pointing at.

Pretty simple but you don’t seem to get it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Once again. Your inability to understand words and actions from those in power and the ability to effect change .. and the words of those not in a position of power . Are not the same .. but please keep trying to make it so
Old 06-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #123
wdmso

Quote:
WDMSO, Biden very specifically politicized curing cancer, and he clearly did so for his own benefit. Is that true or false?

I asked Spence the same question, but he’s still hiding.

Hopeful is one thing. Exploiting the desperation of people who are dying, is something else.

Biden comes with the obnoxious and outlandish behavior that Trump delivers ( not quite to the same degree), with none of the productive policy ideas. He also promised the VP slot to Stacy Abrams, who called the offer racist. Maybe he should
ask his VP pick if they are interested, before announcing them as the pick? Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Same response I gave dangles
Old 06-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #124
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I'd gladly go back to keeping a dime in my wallet.
The right dosen't understand how corporate America is in the game to limit choice funnel business in their direction via merger and hostile take over. Look at ATM cards hailed as great they were all free but like airlines once they saw they could charge for a seat or a bag or a hotel could charge for parking they all charge for the honor of using their product .... but some dinosaurs see iPhones and internet as luxury items that poor people have no business owning completely ignoring the world around them .. connectivity is a nessicity in today's world .. 40hr work week once paid the Bill's not anymore the federal min wage hasn't risen in 10 years . Even in this economy why do you think that is.. corporate Americas deep pocket and politics
Old 06-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #125
Sea Dangles

It’s too bad you don’t seem to comprehend even the simplest of sentences Wayne. Seriously.

But thanks for making my point again. You wear out words like the “right” and his “base” while either ignoring or just plain denying that there are two parties. You don’t seem to understand why or how we got here. Keep pointing your finger at the party you despise and there are still 4 fingers pointing back at you. Some folks understand this while others just want to place blame on the other guy. That is you,a selfish person who struggles with words like unity and team. What exactly is the middle and lower class lacking in terms of what you consider to be only attainable by the wealthy?

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 06-15-2019 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Same response I gave dangles
let’s make this very, very simple.

Yes or no, did Biden politicize finding a cure for cancer for his own benefit, when he said “ if I’m elected i promise there will be a cure”.

dangles was absolutely correct. people who are angry with their lot in life, there’s a 95% chance they are to blame, and for the other 5%, 95% of those can blame
their crappy parents. if you want to know what the problem is, look in the mirror. i’d you want to know the solution, look to the african immigrants i know who obsessed over their children’s education and worked their butts off for 90 hours a week towards their dreams.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #127
Sea Dangles

Too late ,! He has already stated what he thinks is deserved. It will never be enough, must be helping O pass out cell phones. After all, they are now a necessity.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:03 AM   #128
wdmso

Trump Warns of Epic Stock Market Crash If He's Not Re-Elected. But but Biden. politicized cancer. Really Jim your. Lost in you bias.. you clearly own no mirrors
Old 06-16-2019, 07:12 AM   #129
wdmso

Quote:
It’s too bad you don’t seem to comprehend even the simplest of sentences Wayne. Seriously.

But thanks for making my point again. You wear out words like the “right” and his “base” while either ignoring or just plain denying that there are two parties. You don’t seem to understand why or how we got here. Keep pointing your finger at the party you despise and there are still 4 fingers pointing back at you. Some folks understand this while others just want to place blame on the other guy. That is you,a selfish person who struggles with words like unity and team. What exactly is the middle and lower class lacking in terms of what you consider to be only attainable by the wealthy?

And with this rant you act as if Republicans never were in office. In the last 100 years .. your good with how we got here. As usual it's based on feeling not actual facts ..
Old 06-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump Warns of Epic Stock Market Crash If He's Not Re-Elected. But but Biden. politicized cancer. Really Jim your. Lost in you bias.. you clearly own no mirrors
i asked a question, you didn’t answer. how come?

i agree with trump that ifnthe dems
control the oval
office and congress, there will
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. But it’s also true that under his leadership, the economy is booming. there’s no evidence that joe biden is any kind of important piece to curing cancer. i’ve said many times that Trump is a scumbag.

Now how about you answer the very simple question i asked?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #131
Sea Dangles

Quote:
And with this rant you act as if Republicans never were in office. In the last 100 years .. your good with how we got here. As usual it's based on feeling not actual facts ..
We got here not because of Dems nor Republicans. This is our system at work, this is our country evolving. Get on board or get out of the way because your finger pointing solves nothing. But I am guessing it helps you sleep at night, knowing you did your part.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #132
Sea Dangles

Quote:

control the oval
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. But it’s also true that under his leadership, the economy is booming. there’s no evidence that joe biden is any kind of important piece to curing cancer. i’ve said many times that Trump is a scumbag.

He dodged my question also. No answers, just blame.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #133
wdmso

Quote:

control the oval
be a dip. he should

you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question... I clearly gave you your answer but as usual when the answer doesn't support your view you claim it wasn't answered

My quote " biden statement was positive hopeful but maybe unrealistic ..." .... you twisted his statement it into some else (were) is the key word you skip

control the oval
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. what a lame minimization of what he said

to bad you can't apply the same standards and vigour to what people with R next to their names say as you do if there is a D near their name
Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question... I clearly gave you your answer but as usual when the answer doesn't support your view you claim it wasn't answered

My quote " biden statement was positive hopeful but maybe unrealistic ..." .... you twisted his statement it into some else (were) is the key word you skip

control the oval
be a dip. he should
not be stating it as fact. what a lame minimization of what he said

to bad you can't apply the same standards and vigour to what people with R next to their names say as you do if there is a D near their name
"you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question"

Here's what I posted...

WDMSO, Biden very specifically politicized curing cancer, and he clearly did so for his own benefit. Is that true or false?

You see that thing, the "?" at the end of my post? That's a question mark. Means I asked a question...
Old 06-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
When your beliefs render you unable to answer such a simple question, it's time for some new beliefs.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #136
wdmso

Quote:
love it a question from the person who feels people in lower income brackets are clingers and have things they shouldn't due to their status

What exactly is the middle and lower class lacking in terms of what you consider to be only attainable by the wealthy?

to bad your question has nothing to do with anything I wrote or suggested it was about corporate America Tactics
Old 06-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #137
wdmso

Quote:
"you stated biden politicize cancer ... that's your conclusion .. that's not a question"

Here's what I posted...

You see that thing, the "?" at the end of my post? That's a question mark. Means I asked a question...
Jim did you get a new Dog whistle for fathers day... True or false questions are for you to support your view on things

2016, Biden headed the "Cancer Moonshot" program during the Obama administration in a renewed effort to find a cure for cancer. He also launched the Biden Cancer Initiative after leaving office.

yep so in your mind he's politized cancer but Facts and actions he's been trying to assist in finding a cure for a long time
Old 06-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim did you get a new Dog whistle for fathers day... True or false questions are for you to support your view on things

2016, Biden headed the "Cancer Moonshot" program during the Obama administration in a renewed effort to find a cure for cancer. He also launched the Biden Cancer Initiative after leaving office.

yep so in your mind he's politized cancer but Facts and actions he's been trying to assist in finding a cure for a long time
I loved the cancer moonshot program. Offerung hope and encouragement is good. Promising dying people that they will be cured if they vote for you, is a lot different than the hope and promise you are describing.

A "renewed effort" to find a cure is one thing, promising a cure if you are elected, is a very different thing.

"in your mind he's politicized cancer"

In the mind of every rational person. What do you think it means to politicize something, if his statement wasn't a politicization of cancer? (That's anther question...)
Old 06-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #139
Sea Dangles

Quote:
love it a question from the person who feels people in lower income brackets are clingers and have things they shouldn't due to their status

What exactly is the middle and lower class lacking in terms of what you consider to be only attainable by the wealthy?

to bad your question has nothing to do with anything I wrote or suggested it was about corporate America Tactics
Again with the struggle known as reading comprehension . I never said they should not have these things. Where do you come up with this? Try being honest with yourself.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #140
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why is this thread?
Exactly what I was thinking Jeff.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Exactly what I was thinking Jeff.
i asked spence if he was ok with a presidential candidate providing false hope ( in the form
of a promised cure) to sick people, if he was ok with biden politicizing the cure for cancer. he hasn’t been back in these parts since.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #142
spence

Quote:
i asked spence if he was ok with a presidential candidate providing false hope ( in the form
of a promised cure) to sick people, if he was ok with biden politicizing the cure for cancer. he hasn’t been back in these parts since.
Your premise isn’t worthy of a response.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #143
detbuch

Quote:
Your response isn't worthy of a premise.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #144
Jim in CT

Quote:
ah. in other words, i’ve got you but you aren’t honest enough to admit it, so you don’t want to talk about it.

He promised a cure for cancer, only if he is elected. that’s exactly what he said.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
ah. in other words, i’ve got you but you aren’t honest enough to admit it, so you don’t want to talk about it.

He promised a cure for cancer, only if he is elected. that’s exactly what he said.
Jim loves the catchy terms that incite and Dangles is just the snowflake to get hooked and make a a good first run.

What Biden should have said is "Mexico is going to cure cancer."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #146
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim loves the catchy terms that incite and Dangles is just the snowflake to get hooked and make a a good first run.

What Biden should have said is "Mexico is going to cure cancer."
Here is the difference between me and you, and between me and Spence. I have said many many times, that Trump deserves all kinds of criticism for making the false claim that Mexico would pay for the wall.

I (unlike you and Spence) am not so blindly loyal to politicians from my side, that I can't ever admit they are flawed. Trump is a morally repugnant reptile. So is Biden.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #147
spence

Quote:
Trump is a morally repugnant reptile. So is Biden.
Good job, I think you're one of about 3 people in the country that believes this.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #148
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Here is the difference between me and you, and between me and Spence. I have said many many times, that Trump deserves all kinds of criticism for making the false claim that Mexico would pay for the wall.

I (unlike you and Spence) am not so blindly loyal to politicians from my side, that I can't ever admit they are flawed. Trump is a morally repugnant reptile. So is Biden.
But you steadfastly defend him, while constantly trying to prove anyone else to be just as bad, so you can justify your support of Trump.

You've been victimized by Warren, Biden, AOC, likely the entire democratic party and the entire state of Connecticut among others. SAD

"Do you think your contempt for America might influence your judgement?" Yes or No?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Good job, I think you're one of about 3 people in the country that believes this.
you think i care that you don’t believe it? He promised a cure for cancer if people vote for him. Just because his former boss caused your blood to pour out of your brain for points further south, doesn’t mean i don’t have a point.

ask clarence thomas, or the woman whose hair he was sniffing like a pervert.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #150
Jim in CT

Quote:
But you steadfastly defend him, while constantly trying to prove anyone else to be just as bad, so you can justify your support of Trump.

You've been victimized by Warren, Biden, AOC, likely the entire democratic party and the entire state of Connecticut among others. SAD

"Do you think your contempt for America might influence your judgement?" Yes or No?
i attack him all the time. but because i also point out that his policies are sometimes effective, to you that makes me a trumplican.

To liberals, there are two kinds of people. Those who never stop
criticizing Trump no matter what he does, and Trumplicans.

I’m fair. I criticize him when he deserves it, praise him when he deserves it.