Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
PaulS

So You're okay with the government giving tax breaks to keep a company from moving or laying people off?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So You're okay with the government giving tax breaks to keep a company from moving or laying people off?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don't love it, no. But as long as they offer the same rewards/fines to everyone, then it reduces the government's ability to pick who wins and who loses.

I answered your question - right? Can you answer mine? If Trump pulled this of with a phone call, what does it say to you, that Obama said it couldn't be done, and that he mocked Trump for predicting he could do it?

I am not anti-government. I am anti-stupidity. I have no issue whatsoever with being taxed to help people who need my help.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
wdmso

Jim facts are fact and you just dont care... and I do answer your question you just dont accept my answers or my facts

your admiration with Trump is as open as your hate for Obama.. to bad you'll never hold trump to the same standard ..

Obama was talking about bringing Back Jobs trump didn't bring carrier back it .. (He may have postponed it ) seems he may have gotten Carrier a sweet Tax deal (Fortune reports that Carrier is still moving 1,300 jobs to Mexico, versus 1,150 that will be preserved in Indiana.)

I have no issue whatsoever with being taxed to help people who need my help.

Lack of tax revenues affect state budgets created buy theses tax deals for companys.. you support it to help 1150 and make more profit for big company ... but public unions are a bigger threat to a state ...???

The company should have done the right thing and stayed but it did not it used it employees their familys as human shields and extorted a deal with Trumps help Nationalistic propaganda coup d'état

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...e-kept/509219/
Old 12-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't love it, no. But as long as they offer the same rewards/fines to everyone, then it reduces the government's ability to pick who wins and who loses.So you are ok with the tax breaks Malloy/CT gave bridgewater assoc. and other hedge funds? How is this offering the same rewards to everyone? The small manuf. up the street isn't getting anything. It is unfortunate this has to occur - esp. when 1 state does it to keep someone from moving over the border to another state.

I answered your question - right? Can you answer mine? If Trump pulled this of with a phone call, what does it say to you, that Obama said it couldn't be done, and that he mocked Trump for predicting he could do it?Don't know what it states bc I didn't listen to the link but is Trump gonna neg. and have the state (which is what I think happened) give tax breaks to every company that threatens to leave? 3rd world countries are still gonna have the same advantage over us they do know in terms of wages, etc.

I am not anti-government. I am anti-stupidity. I have no issue whatsoever with being taxed to help people who need my help.
I suspect he mentioned P&W jet engines.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I suspect he mentioned P&W jet engines.
"So you are ok with the tax breaks Malloy/CT gave bridgewater assoc. and other hedge funds?"

I don't think that was done to keep those jobs from going to Mexico. If those hedge funds leave CT, those jobs pop up in another state, they aren't lost.

"The small manuf. up the street isn't getting anything"

You have a good point. But the small manufacturer isn't in competition with a hedge fund, he's in competition with other manufatcurers. I suspect that manufacturers are going to bet a nice corporate tax cut when Trump is sworn in.

Paul, you can make good points about whether or not these subsidies make sense. I responded to you, you make good points.

Now, for the third time...what does it say to you about Obama, that he mocked Trump for predicting he'd save these jobs, Obama said there wa sno magic wand to do it, yet Trump did it? Can you please, just once, respond to my question? Obama gave huge money to corporations he liked (Solyndra, automakers). So instead of mocking Trump for talking about Carrier, why the hell didn't Obama try to help these people?

It gets very very tiresome when I respond to your challenging questions, but you constantly dodge mine.

"I suspect he mentioned P&W jet engines. "

Good for him if he did.