Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #91
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
She said she never emailed classified information . Do you think that is true ?
I think it's believable. Even Senator Harman came out today and said they don't really email around classified info.

Quote:
She said she only has one email because she didn't want to carry two phones . Clearly BS . Maybe if you're 90 you buy that excuse but do you Spence ? Everyone I know has two or more emails on one phone . I have work and personal.
I don't have two emails on one phone, neither does my wife.

The server was already set up by Bill. I think they just looked at the simple solution, saw that it would be legal and didn't think how things could go sour. Poor judgement but not necessarily scandal worthy.

Quote:
We won't get the server and I'm sure the hard drive has been destroyed .
Acting guilty as sin that's for sure .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If someone has evidence of wrong doing there's a legal process to get the server. Otherwise I don't think this goes any further.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:07 PM   #92
buckman

She said the reason she didn't have two emails if she didn't want to carry around two Devices and that in retrospect maybe she should've carried around two devices. It's a pathetic excuse. Everybody I know has their work email and then their personal email. And I have it on 1 phone . You and your wife have to get with the times
Old 03-11-2015, 05:07 PM   #93
buckman

Quote:
She said the reason she didn't have two emails if she didn't want to carry around two Devices and that in retrospect maybe she should've carried around two devices. It's a pathetic excuse. Everybody I know has their work email and then their personal email and they have it on 1 phone . You and your wife have to get with the times
Old 03-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #94
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Everybody I know has their work email and then their personal email. And I have it on 1 phone .
I don't have email on my phone, period.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-12-2015, 05:23 AM   #95
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I don't have email on my phone, period.....
Neither does my mom 😊
Old 03-12-2015, 06:23 AM   #96
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
She said she never emailed classified information . Do you think that is true ?

There is also a "Classification" called Unclassified but Sensitive....which is data that should be for official use only.

Nobody can tell me that as Secretary of State that most of her e-mail correspondence doesn't fall, at the very least, into this category.

I call it pretty damn irresponsible of her to step outside of the D.O.D. network and bypass the safeguards that are in place.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-12-2015, 06:27 AM   #97
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The server was already set up by Bill.
Unless that's Bill Gates I wouldn't exactly call her husband an IT super-guru.

Knowing Bill, He probably used it to host the Whitehouse.com website

Old 03-12-2015, 07:21 AM   #98
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
There is also a "Classification" called Unclassified but Sensitive....which is data that should be for official use only.

Nobody can tell me that as Secretary of State that most of her e-mail correspondence doesn't fall, at the very least, into this category.

I call it pretty damn irresponsible of her to step outside of the D.O.D. network and bypass the safeguards that are in place.
If that was the case the GOP would already have hard evidence that Clinton had broken the law, when it appears clear that the law doesn't prohibit employees from using private email.

A more interesting question may be which Republican leaked the information to the NY Times to start this whole mess? Have you considered that it's just a manufactured scandal to disrupt the timing Hillary's Presidential announcement?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #99
scottw

Quote:
If that was the case the GOP would already have hard evidence that Clinton had broken the law, when it appears clear that the law doesn't prohibit employees from using private email.

A more interesting question may be which Republican leaked the information to the NY Times to start this whole mess? Have you considered that it's just a manufactured scandal to disrupt the timing Hillary's Presidential announcement?
we really need to start a thread criticizing Satan.... so that Spence can spend several pages defending, excusing, explaining in a positive light and putting into context ...Satan
Old 03-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #100
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
The server was already set up by Bill. I think they just looked at the simple solution, saw that it would be legal and didn't think how things could go sour. Poor judgement but not necessarily scandal worthy.
Really? Link to where it shows that?
The clintonemail.com domain was registered in early January 2009, a couple weeks Obama's inauguration. Now if it was attached to a Clinton domain already running on a server in their house basement, which domain would that be? Clintonfoundation.org being hosted not in there basement at the time (and currently hosted with Microsoft O365)

On a side note there are rules and laws on official correspondence and sensitive data that applied prior to 2014.

Quote:

Absolutely correct. Most tech guys understand how blatantly bad this is from a security standpoint and how most of the email is sensitive, even if its the lunch order from the caf.

A home server running MS Exchange, in the basement of a home (even guarded by Secret Service), accessible via OWA, connected to an Optima Online cable modem is NOT, repeat NOT, secure.

Quote:
Knowing Bill, He probably used it to host the Whitehouse.com website
- Had not seen that one mentioned in a while. Too afraid to check

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:

?
True, the law doesn't seem to prohibit private email.

However...last night Megyn Kelly said there is a document that every state dept empolyee is required to sign...the document is an affadavit, whereby the signee is stating, under criminal penalty of perjury, that upon their departure from the State Dept, they have turned over all files and communictions related to work. The files are required to be turned over upon their departure from the state department, not two years later, which was when Hilay finally got around to doing it.

IF Megyn Kelly is correct...than if she signed that document, I think one could make a compelling case that she broke the law. If she didn't sign the document, why not?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
we really need to start a thread criticizing Satan.... so that Spence can spend several pages defending, excusing, explaining in a positive light and putting into context ...Satan
That woukd only work if Sataan was a registered Democrat...
Old 03-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #103
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
True, the law doesn't seem to prohibit private email.
She can have as many e-mail accounts as she wants.

The problem comes from her using an Unsecure account to e-mail sensitive material. As Secretary of State I would think that all communications done in the context of her job are considered Sensitive Material.

Anything from Travel itineraries to Phone numbers to when one of her aides is picking up little Susie from daycare can be used by unscrupulous types that get their hands on that info.

Keep it Safe, Keep it Secure

Old 03-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #104
buckman

Quote:
She can have as many e-mail accounts as she wants.

The problem comes from her using an Unsecure account to e-mail sensitive material. As Secretary of State I would think that all communications done in the context of her job are considered Sensitive Material.

Anything from Travel itineraries to Phone numbers to when one of her aides is picking up little Susie from daycare can be used by unscrupulous types that get their hands on that info.

Keep it Safe, Keep it Secure
It would have been worth hacking her email just to know which yoga class to avoid 😵