Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
Jim in CT

3 more cops assassinated, Obama says we eed to focus on words that unite

Obama says we need to focus on words that unite. The same guy who...

sat in Rev Wrights "church" for 20 years
said that people in the Midwest are bitter clingers
said that the Cambridge police acted stupidly
said that Republicans gotta stop just hating all the time
said that cops killing black men are not isolated incidents'
has invited Al Sharpton to the Oval Office dozens of times to talk about race.

Nothing hypocritical about Obama saying we need to unite. Nope.

Where leaders lead, followers will follow. Obama has done everything humanly possible to demonize those who disagree with him.

Boy does he have chutzpah.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
Jim in CT

8 years on non-stop divisive rhetoric, all to garner political capital, and all of a sudden, he cares about unity. If he is leading by example, tell him to stop, I can't take any more racial healing.

The divisive rhetoric literally started on day 1, at his inaugural, let today be remembered as the day the ocean stopped rising and the planet began to heal. That's not a narcissist.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
wdmso

divisive rhetoric literally started on day 1 or just being black because thats what it has always been about ...

The POTUS does not support the killing of police by citizens nor does he support the killing of citizens by the police
but what can I say white people will suggest that he does and even place Blame like Jim Has .. jim you have done everything humanly possible to demonize him. because you disagree .. truth or facts need not apply but then again they never have in the past 8 years
Old 07-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #4
spence

Exhibit A.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
divisive rhetoric literally started on day 1 or just being black because thats what it has always been about ...

The POTUS does not support the killing of police by citizens nor does he support the killing of citizens by the police
but what can I say white people will suggest that he does and even place Blame like Jim Has .. jim you have done everything humanly possible to demonize him. because you disagree .. truth or facts need not apply but then again they never have in the past 8 years
There's liberalism, in one post.

I point out irrefutable, factual examples of repugnant, divisive rhetoric Obama has used. Irrefutable facts. You can't begin to claim that I am wrong. So you do all that liberalism has trained you to do, and you call me a racist.

Pathetic and entirely predictable.

"The POTUS does not support the killing of police by citizens"

Another example of liberalism. You respond to something which no one has said. I never, ever said that Obama supports assassinations of cops. But he pours fuel on the fire, when he says that the cops' killing of black men are not isolated incidents. He legitimizes genuine racial hatred, by having a nut like Al Sharpton as a go-to guy on race relations.

Again, there's no way any liberal could ever honestly refute anything I said. So you respond to something crazy that I never came close to saying.

That's what liberals do. When backed into a corner from which there is no escape, play the race card, and put gibberish words in the other person's mouth. You couldn't have done more to perpetuate the stereotype.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Nobody is saying that he condones any of this....

The problem is that every time a tragedy like this occurs and he is presented an opportunity to lead.....he doesn't. He tries to placate everyone and often says/does something which fuels the divisiveness.

He needs to understand that he is EVERY citizens president.....not just the ones who voted for him. He needs to address the US with inclusiveness, not by singling out specific groups. He needs to think a little more before he says something.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

The problem is that every time a tragedy like this occurs and he is presented an opportunity to lead.....he doesn't. He tries to placate everyone and often says/does something which fuels the divisiveness.

He needs to understand that he is EVERY citizens president.....not just the ones who voted for him. He needs to address the US with inclusiveness, not by singling out specific groups. He needs to think a little more before he says something.
This.

You may not have liked his positions (I often didn't) but GWB did not try to continually divide the country blaming everyone else for the ills of the country. THe press pilloried him (funny how that is not the same with this administration).

I had real hope that Obama would have improved race relations in this country. I have lived in times and places that everyone was on the same page regardless of race and I was naive to think Obama could bring us closer to that time.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #8
buckman

Is there a reason he won't light the Whitehouse blue ? I know it's purely symbolic and just shows your support but isn't that why it was done in the rainbow colors also .
Once again he had an opportunity and he chose not to do it . Can one of his defenders explain that ?
Old 07-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Is there a reason he won't light the Whitehouse blue ? I know it's purely symbolic and just shows your support but isn't that why it was done in the rainbow colors also .
Once again he had an opportunity and he chose not to do it . Can one of his defenders explain that ?
So ordering flags to be flown at half mast isn't the more appropriate response?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

"Nobody is saying that he condones any of this...."

Obviously.

"tries to placate everyone "

I have to disagree with that. I don't see him trying to do much to placate the tens of millions of people who didn't vote for him. I see him trying to demonize them. That "bitter clingers" comment, which he made when he didn't know anyone was recording and thus is likely how he really feels, tells you everything that you need to know, about how he views conservatives.

"He needs to understand that he is EVERY citizens president"

BINGO. He has never made any attempt to be my president. He doesn't even try to hide his contempt for conservatives. Say what you want about Bush's policies, he never (from what I recall, I could be wrong) went so far out of his way to continuously alienate all the liberals. He did things they disagreed with obviously, but he didn't engage in endless personal attacks.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:14 AM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

That goes without even saying, kind of like black lives matter, of course they matter, it goes without saying.

the question was about lighting the white house with blue lights as a sign of support, it would go a long way if it was.

if we don't strongly speak out against the killing of police, then we are no longer civilized. It's about doing the right thing.
7-1/2 years in, and I'm not sure he is going to take the correct advice from anyone. Perception is reality

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #12
DZ

There is an old adage in America that if something happens on your watch you can take credit for it, but also must take the blame for it. POTUS has been quick to take credit for economic recovery and should also take a good share of the blame for what has happened with race relations in his two terms. This will be part of his legacy.

Then I was reading an article in the Huffington post this weekend that mentioned that the term "All Lives Matter" is racist and incites violence. All I could do is shake my head.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #13
buckman

Quote:
You didn't answer the question of course .
Ordering the flags flown at half mast was the correct thing to do . Hope he wasn't doing it just to form some kind of "appropriate response"
At the rate things are going , half mast seems to be the norm . Very sad

Last edited by buckman; 07-18-2016 at 10:05 AM..
Old 07-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #14
wdmso

[QUOTE=buckman;1104475]Is there a reason he won't light the Whitehouse blue ? I know it's purely symbolic and just shows your support but isn't that why it was done in the rainbow colors also .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

And putting the Blue lights doesn't show show support Personal this Jon Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association has no sway.. and i see it as him giving his ASSOCIATION AKA lobbyist some attention

And if you cant understand the sea change that came with the gay marriage and how many lives of American it changed cant help you with that

Do we expect the white House to light up the marine corps colors when we lost 6 marines 2015 http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...rash/27483577/

of course not ... but some how ordering Flag half staff Nation wide isn't enough of a show off support .. but blue lights are ? all this from the we'll never be happy about Obama no matter what he does crowd
Old 07-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #15
PaulS

I disagree. Nothing he says or does other than lighting the White House blue will show he really is supporting the victims.

And I don't know why he won't say "radical islamic terrorism". If he does all our terrorism problems go away.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And I don't know why he won't say "radical islamic terrorism". If he does all our terrorism problems go away.
Again, liberalism 101 says that when the facts and common sense are against you (as they often will be when you are a liberal), instead of responding to what people are saying, make believe they are saying something crazy, and respond to that.

No one thinks that the problem goes away if he says out loud what the reality is. But it makes him appear more honest, more serious, less radical, more grounded, and slightly less foolish.

Where leaders lead, followers will follow. When he says something idiotic, like comparing Islamic atrocities with those of other religions (God knows I am just as concerned with the Mormons as I am with Muslims), some people (Spence comes to mind), who don't question anything Obama says, might believe it's true.

The man has the biggest pulpit in the world. Words matter. The truth matters. Maybe not to liberals (based on your kooky accusation that anyone thinks terrorism will go away if he says it out loud), but many people (most of whom Obama would dismiss as bitter clingers) believe that speaking the truth, has value.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #17
PaulS

I think he won't do it bc he knows it will make the teabaggers angrier and angrier.

Words matter, the truth matters - that is a good one.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #18
Jim in CT

The other interesting piece of this to me, is politics. Police unions almost always back Democrats. The national association of police officers backed Obama in 2008, I don't think they backed either man in 2012. They do this, because Democrats are more willing to give labor unions a blank check. The unions now need to decide what's more important to them - getting promises for insane pensions, or having a POTUS who won't say that cops are part of some institutional conspiracy to assassinate black men (which is what Obama claimed, when he said that police killings of black men are not isolated incidents). As usual, I suspect unions will go for the money, rather than looking out for the actual welfare of the members.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #19
basswipe

"HANDS UP!!!"

2 years later we have 10 cops ASSASSINATED.One lie started all this.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #20
buckman

[QUOTE=wdmso;1104505][QUOTE=buckman;1104475]Is there a reason he won't light the Whitehouse blue ? I know it's purely symbolic and just shows your support but isn't that why it was done in the rainbow colors also .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

And putting the Blue lights doesn't show show support Personal this Jon Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association has no sway.. and i see it as him giving his ASSOCIATION AKA lobbyist some attention

And if you cant understand the sea change that came with the gay marriage and how many lives of American it changed cant help you with that

Do we expect the white House to light up the marine corps colors when we lost 6 marines 2015 http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...rash/27483577/

of course not ... but some how ordering Flag half staff Nation wide isn't enough of a show off support .. but blue lights are ? all this from the we'll never be happy about Obama no matter what he does crowd[/QUOTE

All that and you can't answer my question . You know everything but the answers .
Old 07-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #21
wdmso

I did you just dont like my answer
Old 07-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #22
scottw

Obama's Chickens are Coming Home To Roost
Old 07-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think he won't do it bc he knows it will make the teabaggers angrier and angrier.

In other words, you think he's a spiteful, vindictive little brat. Glad I got you to inadvertently admit that...
Old 07-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
I did you just dont like my answer
Can you answer my question? If I call Obama divisive, and I list a multitude of quotes that are irrefutably attributed to Obama to support that...then how am I a racist? Just because I criticized him?

Have fun!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Obama's Chickens are Coming Home To Roost
You need to say that, screaming and drooling like a lunatic, to complete the impression. Then, because racism is so widespread, Rev Wright buys a multimillion dollar house in a zip code that is 99.99% white.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Can you answer my question? If I call Obama divisive, and I list a multitude of quotes that are irrefutably attributed to Obama to support that...then how am I a racist? Just because I criticized him?

Have fun!
You are the poster child for a big part of what's wrong here.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are the poster child for a big part of what's wrong here.
Here's the difference...First, I am aware that I am guilty of being divisive, therefore I am honest enough to admit that I'm in no position to lecture anyone on the need to be inclusive.

Second, I am correct in 99% of my criticisms of liberals in general, and Obama in particular. But when Obama says that (for example) cops killing blacks are not isolated incidents, he's being a moron and an obvious instigator. There is exactly zero factual evidence to back that up. When he says that Midwesterners cling to guns and religion because they are bitter and racist, every sane person knows that's an asinine thing to say.

Look at my first post. Are those comments indicative of someone who gives a crap about bringing us together? And am I correct when I attribute those things to Obama? Or am I making them up?

Have fun...
Old 07-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Second, I am correct in 99% of my criticisms of liberals in general, and Obama in particular.
This just made my day...
Old 07-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
This just made my day...
We see that you didn't attempt to make me wrong. If you coulda, you woulda.

It is not possible for an intellectually honest person to say that cops are, as a group, engaged in some kind of racial assassination conspiracy. Nor is it defensible to say that all Republicans do, is hate all the time.

John McCain once asked Mother Theresa what he could do as an individual, to really make a difference. She suggested he look into international adoption. The McCains then adopted an orphaned girl from Bangladesh. That's an act of hate? After all, Obama said that's all we do. How many white kids has Weird Harold adopted, exactly?
Old 07-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
We see that you didn't attempt to make me wrong. If you coulda, you woulda.

It is not possible for an intellectually honest person to say that cops are, as a group, engaged in some kind of racial assassination conspiracy. Nor is it defensible to say that all Republicans do, is hate all the time.

John McCain once asked Mother Theresa what he could do as an individual, to really make a difference. She suggested he look into international adoption. The McCains then adopted an orphaned girl from Bangladesh. That's an act of hate? After all, Obama said that's all we do. How many white kids has Weird Harold adopted, exactly?
May be time for a new therapist Jim.