Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Fishing Charters and Guides » Bill -n- Juls Guide Service

Bill -n- Juls Guide Service From Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, Instructional Shore Fishing Guide Service

Old 07-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Fishing continues to be pretty good!!!!

Well we did a few trips this week with some pretty good results.

Had a good day on Friday with clients as we were not sure how good the fishing was gonna be because of Thursday. All the strong winds and rain we had had for a couple of days sometimes can stir things up a bit and put the fish off or just spread the bait out alot.

We ended up doing pretty good, we found bait right away at the mouth of the harbor and loaded the live well in about 10 minutes. We headed out around Theives Ledge and put some baits in the water. Within 10 minutes we were hooked up to a double. Got both bass to the boat, one weighted 19lbs 6 oz and the other weighed 20 lbs 9 oz if I remember correctly as these guys had there own little bet going on. After that we had another schoolie, and then the bite had slowed a bit for about 45 min.

Then things turned on, we had fish after fish hit the baits, we had alot of small fish rip the baits off the hooks before they got hooked. we picked up several more bass in the schoolie size to keeper bass to around 16 lbs, had one around 25 lbs which was the bigges of the day. The guys kept 6 bass total. But I have to tell ya there was a little bit of angler error going on and some ball bustin as 3 really good bass from around 28 lbs which hammered a mackerel right on the surface to an even bigger bass which was spoolin the reel before it came undone from settin the hook too hard and putting too much pressure on the fish. Hey it happens and thats how you learn to do it the right way. But I sure would have loved to see how big that fish was???????

Saturdays trip had to be postponed due to a family illness so I decided to go anyway, and had capt Van out with me to play as well. We had a really fun day. We loaded up with mackerel right away and ran out fish them. We had lines in the water and continued to jig formore basits while we were trolling and all of a sudden Van says hey what is this. Low and behold and I tell you the truth, he caught a Bonita on a sabiki rig, it was the size of his hand and was in the pod of mackerel we were on. I will put the picture in the photo section as If I did not take a picture of it some people might think I am loosin it. You can check out the picture at www.billandjulsfishing.com

As for the fishing we caught quite a few keepers. 4-5 if I remember right, nothing reel big, most were just legal to around 35 inches, all released to play another day. We had quite a few baits stollen from little fish and had a few come undone as well that definatly were bigger, but even good fisherman screw up sometimes LOL.

We also got bit off 2 times by bluefish so some are finally moving back in as we have not caugth any out there now in over 2 weeks. With all the bait around and also some of the birds I saw on the water yesterday, Sheerwaters and Stormy Petrils I would not be surprised if we do not have a bunch of tuna show up right in our own back yard. We shall see!!!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote