Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
a harvard study with summarized data, versus a couple of
anecdotal observations.

you sure showed me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Reading isn’t your strong suit
How old is the study you linked
https://web.stanford.edu/~ayurukog/cable_news.pdf

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-04-2019, 02:22 AM   #32
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I've never seen any host denigrate Trump at the same level that Hannity, Pirro, Dobbs, Carlson, Regan, etc. praise him.

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/sta...910327814?s=21
PeteF. Is either one of two things
A pathetic liar
Or just a plain old liar
Isn’t this the guy who has said multiple times that he does not watch television? So either that was a lie....or he is simply making up another stupid story.
Please explain.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-04-2019, 07:46 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
PeteF. Is either one of two things
A pathetic liar
Or just a plain old liar
Isn’t this the guy who has said multiple times that he does not watch television? So either that was a lie....or he is simply making up another stupid story.
Please explain.
There’s this thing called YouTube
You’re pretty concerned about my honesty, but not concerned about the liar in chief and his alternative facts.
Typical Trumplican

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 AM   #34
Sea Dangles

Sure thing,liar
Old 07-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Sure thing,liar
Spoken like a true anal opening.
In case you’re wondering that’s a current Trumplican insult, popularized by one of the less intelligent Trumplican members of the House.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #36
Sea Dangles

When they catch on, spout off. Good strategy Aesop.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:12 PM   #37
Jim in CT

so even
my
liberal friends are saying his celebration was apolitical. i didn’t see it.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #38
Jim in CT

so even
my
liberal friends are saying his celebration was apolitical. i didn’t see it.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:11 AM   #39
scottw

it wasn't...accidentally caught a brief bit of a CBS news babe just prior to Trump's arrival...."WARNING>>>WARNING >>>WARNING Trump will go off script and make this political....Critics Say, Critics Warn, Critics are upset about...democraps weren't invited (so they couldn't grandstand by boycotting the event )"

as usual the dummies cackled for days and were completely WRONG

hope the flag burners had a nice day
Old 07-05-2019, 05:57 AM   #40
wdmso

1 potus in 7 decades to use 4th as a personal look at me moment.. I am amazed how many people think it was because of his love of nation .. its sad that I see him in this light ... a reality star playing for the camera. But he created the image over and over again
Old 07-05-2019, 06:39 AM   #41
Sea Dangles

Sad indeed
Old 07-05-2019, 07:15 AM   #42
Nebe

Tiny hands leads to large parades.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #43
Sea Dangles

I never thought it would go so far that the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s would find fault in a July 4th parade. Oy
Old 07-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
1 potus in 7 decades to use 4th as a personal look at me moment.. I am amazed how many people think it was because of his love of nation .. its sad that I see him in this light ... a reality star playing for the camera. But he created the image over and over again
was it “look at me”? or was it “look at america”?

youre right, it is sad that you see him in the light you see him in, instead of in a light of fairness and objectivity.

#orangemanbad
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never thought it would go so far that the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s would find fault in a July 4th parade. Oy
i saw some clips, it was all a celebration of america and the military. maybe i missed the parts where he patted himself on the back and made fun of cnn. i only saw clips, not the whole thing.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #46
scottw

Quote:

it was none of what the idiot left said it would be leading up and now they blame trump for tricking them...which isn't hard to do these days

it was very well attended ...
Old 07-05-2019, 07:54 AM   #47
Jim in CT

it’s also not the first time tanks have been part of a celebration in DC. but why let facts get in the way of a good, foaming at the mouth, howling at the moon, tin foil hat, liberal rant?

https://shareth.is/f6881750?fbclid=I...re/1642869001/
Old 07-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it was none of what the idiot left said it would be leading up and now they blame trump for tricking them...which isn't hard to do these days

it was very well attended ...
they will never get tired of stepping on the rake Trump leaves out for them. Never.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Just so you're aware, this is how stupid it looks when you talk like this. Granted, you've still got some work to achieve elite dip#^&#^&#^&#^& status like Lou Dobbs.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...mp-4th-of-july
Old 07-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Just so you're aware, this is how stupid it looks when you talk like this. Granted, you've still got some work to achieve elite dip#^&#^&#^&#^& status like Lou Dobbs.

what about the celebration, offended you, exactly? other than the fact that hilary wasn’t at the podium?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #51
spence

Quote:
Unless you've been on a deserted island the past two years I don't see how anyone couldn't see through this as a child making a mess to get some attention. What a waste of taxpayer money and politicizing the affair with VIP tickets distributed by the RNC to campaign donors should be investigated as I can't believe it was legal.

My favorite description of Trump was “an angry grandpa reading a fifth grader’s book report on American military history.”
Old 07-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #52
detbuch

It was not political. His speech didn't bring in politics. It was not about him. It was what the 4th of July is really about. It was a celebration of the founding of this country, and about the greatness of what has been created, and about the pride in who we are. It was positive and uplifting, not negative and depressing as so much of the spin about this country from the left is. It was a reminder of the good and power that we have which the annual birthday of this nation inspires us to keep, not to destroy . . . or fundamentally transform.

Ranting about how ugly it was is dispiriting, demoralizing, gloomy politics.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-05-2019 at 09:48 AM..
Old 07-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #53
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Virtual hug for you if you are offended Jeff. Extra Kleenex last night?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Unless you've been on a deserted island the past two years I don't see how anyone couldn't see through this as a child making a mess to get some attention. What a waste of taxpayer money and politicizing the affair with VIP tickets distributed by the RNC to campaign donors should be investigated as I can't believe it was legal.

My favorite description of Trump was “an angry grandpa reading a fifth grader’s book report on American military history.”
forget the last two years. if you can, focus on what he said yesterday at the celebration, which was inappropriate. whatcha got?

try to come up with something other than orangemanbad.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

His speech was not horrible but I don't think Trump understands what the celebration is for.

We could look to Thomas Jefferson for guidance as to the meaning of Independence Day for us and all men in the world.

"May it be to the world, what I believe it will be, (to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all) the Signal of arousing men to burst the chains, under which monkish ignorance and superstition had persuaded them to bind themselves, and to assume the blessings & security of self-government. That form which we have substituted, restores the free right to the unbounded exercise of reason and freedom of opinion. All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view. The palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God. These are grounds of hope for others. For ourselves, let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."

I find it hard to believe that Trump believes in that.

He has no idea what western liberalism is, why the founders thought it is important and why previous presidents did not "take meetings" with dictators.

Some of his best friends are chainers.

Less than a week before his Fourth of July celebration, he walked into the literal prison state of North Korea and was impressed "When you talk about a wall, when you talk about a border, that's what they call a border. Nobody goes through that border." He didn't call for the self-determination of the people, but had a smiling photo op with the man who is binding them in servitude.

Jefferson said “the free right to the unbounded exercise of reason and freedom of opinion.”
Trump spent the week prior to his July 4th show, joking with his friend Vlad about how he cracks down on journalists expressing their freedom of opinion.

Trump doesn't fight to help those booted and spurred by the “favored few.” His despotic administration is being run by his family, including his favored son-in-law who meets in private with the guy who ordered the murder, dismemberment and dissolving in acid the body of a man who was arguing for a free society.

The United States of America is not merely a country, but an idea.

It’s about the choice that we make between submission and the sword, a signal to rouse men throughout the world and a celebration of inalienable rights.

And each year we remember and celebrate that, so we don't find ourselves with saddles on our backs, and we do things as a people and government that enables others to gain their freedom.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #56
Sea Dangles

Jeez, I have to wonder if any previous presidents took meetings with dictators. 🤡
And I know for a fact there is no precedent for nepotism in the White House.🤡🤡
Old 07-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #57
wdmso

Quote:

youre right, it is sad that you see him in the light you see him in, instead of in a light of fairness and objectivity.

#orangemanbad
I made clear it was clearly about Trump and American was his back drop.

As for objectivity you should try it... ask yourself.. why has no other potus in the past 70 years do what Trump did.. i am sure there were a few darkmoments in those years that such a re affirmation of our independence would have been acceptable... yet it never happened.
Lets ask why now in his term why not his 1st or 2nd year .. but can you say 2020 election??? None of this is cryptic ... or imagined....

This is not being against the 4th of july.. i have been to the oldest 4th parade as a kid that had missles on trucks fly overs many time i marched in the same parade as a member of the Military in full gear..

Its about a potus who cares more about look what I did .. in the hopes you dont ask what did we America get other than a photo opportunity...

Last edited by wdmso; 07-05-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #58
scottw

Quote:

Its about a potus who cares more about look what I did .. in the hopes you dont ask what did we America get other than a photo opportunity..
^^^this is incredibly sour...it was a great event...and we got this =terrible news for democraps I'm sure

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/jobs...june-2019.html
Old 07-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

Worst possible spin as expected.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:

As for objectivity you should try it... ask yourself.. why has no other potus in the past 70 years do what Trump did.. i am sure there were a few darkmoments in those years that such a re affirmation of our independence would have been acceptable... yet it never happened.
Lets ask why now in his term why not his 1st or 2nd year .. but can you say 2020 election??? None of this is cryptic ... or imagined....

This is not being against the 4th of july.. i have been to the oldest 4th parade as a kid that had missles on trucks fly overs many time i marched in the same parade as a member of the Military in full gear..

Its about a potus who cares more about look what I did .. in the hopes you dont ask what did we America get other than a photo opportunity...
please provide a quote or two from his speech, where he made it all
about him? even liberals are saying it was about the republic.