Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sorry, you lied about what he said.

because you’re a partisan hack.
That is what Johnson said.

And you're a douche bag with no friends here. Is a wonder why?
Old 10-14-2022, 03:17 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That is what Johnson said.

And you're a douche bag with no friends here. Is a wonder why?
read what you posted. he said maybe participation is voluntary.

if you’re saying it’s a terrible idea for people
to opt out, why won’t you comment on the fact that democrat politicians slowed teachers to opt out?

the teachers unions successfully pulled off what johnson suggested. Yet you attack johnson and won’t utter a peep
about the fact that the teachers and democrats actually did it.

go ahead and explain that please. because it certainly appears you’re holding them
to very different standards based on political affiliation.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #63
PaulS

Quote:
read what you posted. he said maybe participation is voluntary. No he didn't. So your a liar. Isn't that what you do when you want to insult people?

if you’re saying it’s a terrible idea for people
to opt out, why won’t you comment on the fact that democrat politicians slowed teachers to opt out?I don't understand this gibberish. Isn't that the word you use when you want to insult people?

the teachers unions successfully pulled off what johnson suggested. Yet you attack johnson and won’t utter a peep
about the fact that the teachers and democrats actually did it.

go ahead and explain that please. because it certainly appears you’re holding them
to very different standards based on political affiliation.
Did I ever say anything about teachers?

Where did he ever ever say anything about them being voluntary? So pls. stop lying.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:47 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did I ever say anything about teachers?

Where did he ever ever say anything about them being voluntary? So pls. stop lying.
you didn’t say anything about teachers, that’s the point. you’re fine them them not participating in SS.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:56 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Pail, you criticized Ron Johnson for saying SS shouldn't be mandatory.

Yes you don't care when left-wing groups carve themselves out of SS.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:01 PM   #66
PaulS

You said who wants to cut Social Security and I provided quotes showing what Johnson and others have said about social security and then you come out with some gibberish and lies.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-14-2022, 04:04 PM   #67
PaulS

Quote:
you didn’t say anything about teachers, that’s the point. you’re fine them them not participating in SS.
No it's not the point. You made a comment and I showed you exactly what they said to prove either you're wrong or you lied intentionally. Which was it, did you lie or you just don't know what you were talking about?

I told you start another thread. It would probably be more interesting than the thread you started about Nancy pelosi getting her hair done.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:13 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
No it's not the point. You made a comment and I showed you exactly what they said to prove either you're wrong or you lied intentionally. Which was it, did you lie or you just don't know what you were talking about?

I told you start another thread. It would probably be more interesting than the thread you started about Nancy pelosi getting her hair done.
Here's is exactly what you posted, zero editing or parsing...

"Here is some fear mongering:
Senator Ron Johnson said on a radio show this month that Social Security and Medicare shouldn’t be “mandatory” programs
"

You're obviously criticizing Johnson for suggesting that SS shouldn't me mandatory. That's correct, right? You said Johnson was engaging in fear mongering, for merely suggesting SS should be voluntary?

Yet teachers gave zillions of dollars to corrupt democrats, who then allowed teachers to profit enormously by opting out of SS.

So if it's OK for teachers to opt out, why is it "fear mongering" for Johnson to suggest others should be able to opt out?

It certainly appears you attacked Johnson for suggesting that others should be able to do, that which democrats have always allowed teachers to do.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:23 PM   #69
PaulS

You're really making a fool of yourself. He did not say participation should be voluntary. He said Social Security and Medicare shouldn't be mandatory programs and should be up for review every year. There are numerous other quotes indicating Republicans don't want to continue Social Security as is and want to reduce benefits by various methods including using the threat of closing the government down to get reduction in entitlements.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:30 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're really making a fool of yourself. He did not say participation should be voluntary. He said Social Security and Medicare shouldn't be mandatory programs and should be up for review every year. There are numerous other quotes indicating Republicans don't want to continue Social Security as is and want to reduce benefits by various methods including using the threat of closing the government down to get reduction in entitlements.
your post claimed that he questioned if it should
be mandatory. that’s not the same as aging maybe it should be voluntary?

SS is already not mandatory, at least for people
who donate big money to democrats who then reward their donors by carving them out of SS. Nice spot to be in, get a cadillac pension instead of a crappy SS benefit.

SS is an awful, awful program. it’s literally a ponzi scheme. Why should
we stick without forever? why not try and see if there’s a better option? like the teacher pensions, which give teachers $75k a year starting at age 59.5? wouldn’t it be great if everyone had that, instead of just teachers?

this is a complete waste.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #71
PaulS

Quote:
your post claimed that he questioned if it should
be mandatory. that’s not the same as aging maybe it should be voluntary?

SS is already not mandatory, at least for people
who donate big money to democrats who then reward their donors by carving them out of SS. Nice spot to be in, get a cadillac pension instead of a crappy SS benefit.

SS is an awful, awful program. it’s literally a ponzi scheme. Why should
we stick without forever? why not try and see if there’s a better option? like the teacher pensions, which give teachers $75k a year starting at age 59.5? wouldn’t it be great if everyone had that, instead of just teachers?

this is a complete waste.
Yes this is a complete waste because you have no common sense. He's talking about if the program should be continued and if it should be mandatory spending and not discretionary. I e he's saying let's review the program and see if we should cancel it or lower the benefits. You asked who wants to gut Social Security and I showed you numerous Republicans want to.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:05 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes this is a complete waste because you have no common sense. He's talking about if the program should be continued and if it should be mandatory spending and not discretionary. I e he's saying let's review the program and see if we should cancel it or lower the benefits. You asked who wants to gut Social Security and I showed you numerous Republicans want to.
where did he say lower the benefits? and to whom?

i have news for you, benefits are going to have to be reduced for the wealthy. the program can’t afford it.

if you cut benefits to multi millionaires is that gutting the program? or is that making it more viable?

he’s a republican, so therefore it must be sinister. no other possibility. right? he must mean that poor people
should have to eat cat food.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
where did he say lower the benefits? and to whom?

i have news for you, benefits are going to have to be reduced for the wealthy. the program can’t afford it.

if you cut benefits to multi millionaires is that gutting the program? or is that making it more viable?

he’s a republican, so therefore it must be sinister. no other possibility. right? he must mean that poor people
should have to eat cat food.
You asked right? I told you. And what do you? You start with your usual insults.

Here is your first insult "You want to see a lying fear monger? Look in the mirror." That is why (or I should say 1 reason) I think you are a scum bag.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:05 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
You asked right? I told you. And what do you? You start with your usual insults.

Here is your first insult "You want to see a lying fear monger? Look in the mirror." That is why (or I should say 1 reason) I think you are a scum bag.
I asked where he talked about cutting benefits, which you claimed he did. I don't see it.

Have a good weekend.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:49 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Documents show top DeSantis officials were personally involved in Martha's Vineyard flights….
Hard to believe
Old 10-15-2022, 08:09 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

James Uthmeier, Ron DeSantis's Chief of Staff, who, based on document dump late last night from Governor's Office, was also running point on DeSantis's "relocation program" with Larry Keefe. He formerly worked for Wilbur Ross, Trump's Secretary of Commerce. Stay tuned!!
Old 10-15-2022, 08:10 PM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Documents show top DeSantis officials were personally involved in Martha's Vineyard flights….
Hard to believe
good for them. state officials should be sending these folks to oma es where people
claim to want them.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:17 AM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

They left Venezuela months ago and traversed Central America on bus, train, and foot. Then, famously, they flew to Martha’s Vineyard on private planes and ferried to the mainland to stay, for a time, on a military base.

Now, the Martha’s Vineyard migrants are achieving some semblance of stability, or at least striving to do so. Forty-seven of them have found housing in Massachusetts — in Lowell, Brockton, Stoughton, Provincetown, and other towns on Cape Cod, according to Iván Espinoza-Madrigal, the head of Lawyers for Civil Rights.

Four have even returned to Martha’s Vineyard, where the group first landed on Sept. 14, according to Rachel Self, a lawyer on the island who has assisted the migrants since their arrival. (Two of the 49 migrants have moved to New York.)

Meanwhile, their prospects for remaining in the United States long term have received a boost from a Texas law enforcement official.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:41 AM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
They left Venezuela months ago and traversed Central America on bus, train, and foot. Then, famously, they flew to Martha’s Vineyard on private planes and ferried to the mainland to stay, for a time, on a military base.

Now, the Martha’s Vineyard migrants are achieving some semblance of stability, or at least striving to do so. Forty-seven of them have found housing in Massachusetts — in Lowell, Brockton, Stoughton, Provincetown, and other towns on Cape Cod, according to Iván Espinoza-Madrigal, the head of Lawyers for Civil Rights.

Four have even returned to Martha’s Vineyard, where the group first landed on Sept. 14, according to Rachel Self, a lawyer on the island who has assisted the migrants since their arrival. (Two of the 49 migrants have moved to New York.)

Meanwhile, their prospects for remaining in the United States long term have received a boost from a Texas law enforcement official.
that’s great. I always say there’s nothing smarter than rewarding people for breaking the rules, while those who are following the rules pay a harsh penalty. It’s brilliant. Just brilliant. Let’s tell our kids, if you’re waiting in a long line, cut the line, the people who got there first have no rights whatsoever.

i have a neighbor who was here in a student visa, started a masonry business, had a few employees. He wanted to stay after his visa ran out, he hired lawyers, did everything the right way. He didn’t luck out, had to go back to albania for two years to wait for the chance to come back legally.

He played by the rules, and suffered as a result. Liberals, I guess, would say he’s a sucker for doing so.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:52 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:

sounds like the best part of the trip......
Old 10-17-2022, 09:10 AM   #81
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
that’s great. I always say there’s nothing smarter than rewarding people for breaking the rules, while those who are following the rules pay a harsh penalty. It’s brilliant. Just brilliant. Let’s tell our kids, if you’re waiting in a long line, cut the line, the people who got there first have no rights whatsoever.

i have a neighbor who was here in a student visa, started a masonry business, had a few employees. He wanted to stay after his visa ran out, he hired lawyers, did everything the right way. He didn’t luck out, had to go back to albania for two years to wait for the chance to come back legally.

He played by the rules, and suffered as a result. Liberals, I guess, would say he’s a sucker for doing so.
If only Ron had followed the rules, we wouldn't have to see another bleeding heart/angry Jim post. Do you wake up angry Jim? Do you skip breakfast to get this forum opened to see where you need to focus your anger? I pop in to amuse myself over the never ending circular debates, some threads going off in several different directions. Man I'd love to see you all sit down in a room and see how different the tone and hopefully civility might be; the internet is a great place to post without consequences. Well unless your name is DJT, then you need to start your own media platform to spread your lies.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:25 AM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
If only Ron had followed the rules, we wouldn't have to see another bleeding heart/angry Jim post. Do you wake up angry Jim? Do you skip breakfast to get this forum opened to see where you need to focus your anger? I pop in to amuse myself over the never ending circular debates, some threads going off in several different directions. Man I'd love to see you all sit down in a room and see how different the tone and hopefully civility might be; the internet is a great place to post without consequences. Well unless your name is DJT, then you need to start your own media platform to spread your lies.
what rule did ron break? so there a rule that says that illegals have to stay in FL?

“i pop in to amuse myself”

i love that. you don’t contribute the way others do, just to amuse yourself. you’re better than us. you see. You keep repeating this nonsense, like you’re desperately trying to convince us it’s true.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:00 AM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Except they didn’t break the rules like your neighbor.
They came to the border and legally requested asylum as the law requires.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #84
wdmso

Quote:
Jim considers he’s of European descent no other immigrants from south of the border have done the same. Its just his political views complements of the GOP

And most illegals are like his example they are visa overstayers

It’s Jim’s own party cheer what happened to this man. Not Democrats
Old 10-17-2022, 07:40 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
my neighbor broke zero rules. he left when he was supposed to
leave, came back legally.

how come you’re too scared to
comment on recent polling?
Old 10-17-2022, 07:42 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim considers he’s of European descent no other immigrants from south of the border have done the same. Its just his political views complements of the GOP

And most illegals are like his example they are visa overstayers

It’s Jim’s own party cheer what happened to this man. Not Democrats
i don’t consider im of european descent, it’s fact.

i’m a big believer in immigration. legal
immigration.

you work in law enforcement, and you believe people
can ignore laws that are inconvenient for them? interesting.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:44 AM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
my neighbor broke zero rules. he left when he was supposed to
leave, came back legally.

how come you’re too scared to
comment on recent polling?
You can’t work on a student visa.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2022, 06:45 AM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Money left at dead drops. Encrypted messages. A woman whom one Venezuelan migrant called "Perla Hermosa." Here's the inside story of the covert operation behind Gov. Ron DeSantis' migrant flights

https://account.miamiherald.com/payw...sume=266767796
Old 10-18-2022, 07:24 AM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can’t work on a student visa.
yes you can.

https://www.worldtrips.com/blog/post...a-student-visa
Old 10-18-2022, 01:15 PM   #90
wdmso

Quote:
I think you might need to actually still be a student

Starting your own business isn’t on the list. It admirable but not allowed on a student visa

Jobs outside of your school are only available to international students who have completed one full academic year and who have a qualifying economic hardship or an emergent circumstance.

According to the DHS, a qualifying economic hardship entails "new, unexpected circumstances beyond [your] control," such as:

Loss of financial aid or on-campus employment (if the student is not at fault)

Large increases in tuition or living costs

Substantial decrease in the relative value of currency the student depends upon to pay expenses

Unexpected changes in the financial conditions for a student's sources of financial support

Unexpectedly large medical bills not covered by insurance

Other substantial, unexpected expenses