Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2022, 08:20 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Musk releasing Twitter documents related to Hunter laptop

Twitter executives were in communication with the DNC and the Biden administration, about what stories to censor

Nothing to see there.

There was never any proof it was russian disinformation. But that was the spin, and twitter cancelled the account of The New York Post

Censorship for the purpose of influencing a presidential election.

Here come the congressional hearings.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:11 PM   #2
wdmso

Former president Donald Trump expressed solidarity with the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sending a video of support to a fundraising event Thursday night hosted by a group called the Patriot Freedom Project that is supporting families of those being prosecuted by the government.

Jim stop being a coward still not sure why you’re ball deep defending Trump

But but hunter gets you excited

Get out of the cult

FYI. Private companies can control their own content

Just like Truth social

The documents show Twitter executives often acted on requests from both political parties,

Jim why are you acting as if FB and Twitter are media outlets? Are you changing what a news outlet is?

Everyone heard about the laptop
Only true believers still think it hold silver bullets
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 12-02-2022 at 10:21 PM..
Old 12-02-2022, 10:20 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Former president Donald Trump expressed solidarity with the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sending a video of support to a fundraising event Thursday night hosted by a group called the Patriot Freedom Project that is supporting families of those being prosecuted by the government.

Jim stop being a coward still not sure why you’re ball deep defending Trump

But but hunter gets you excited

Get out of the cult

FYI. Private companies can control their own content

Just like Truth social
and if that’s now what about ism and changing the subject, nothing is!
Old 12-03-2022, 07:56 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Twitter executives were in communication with the DNC and the Biden administration, about what stories to censor

Nothing to see there.

There was never any proof it was russian disinformation. But that was the spin, and twitter cancelled the account of The New York Post

Censorship for the purpose of influencing a presidential election.

Here come the congressional hearings.
Oh yeah. After getting throttled in the mid terms, they honestly think that people want 2 years of talk about Hunter Biden, while Biden is fighting for Americans and what not. Good call. Let’s do this

Just remember that
The report that purportedly proves the authenticity of the "Hunter Biden" "Laptop" says.

1) People besides Hunter Biden wrote files to it.

2) The files you'd use to verify authenticity have been deleted.

3) If Burisma was hacked those signatures could have been faked.

4) The "Big Guy" email could not be authenticated.

5) The legally blind owner of some marginal computer repair shop and Rudy ……

That's what the House GOP calls "REAL."

So yes,I do believe that Hunter Biden had a laptop. At least there’s a pretty good chance that he did. There’s also a city in Libya called Benghazi.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If the Faux News network tells Jim it’s real, it’s real haven’t you been paying attention Pete?
Old 12-03-2022, 08:39 AM   #6
spence

Jim doesn’t seem to realize Musk is just stirring the pot and offering nothing in return.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
If the Faux News network tells Jim it’s real, it’s real haven’t you been paying attention Pete?
do you think the biden administration and the democrat party were talking to twitter to get them to bury the story, based on what we joe now? CNN is reporting in this too Bob. of correa they’re saying it’s a nothingburger.

Twitter communication reveals conversations between twitter and the biden administration and the DNC. should they be telling social
media to bury a story like that?
Old 12-03-2022, 08:55 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim doesn’t seem to realize Musk is just stirring the pot and offering nothing in return.
yes he’s stirring the pot. doesn’t mean it’s not a big story. same question to you. you’re ok with politicians telling media to bury stories to influence an election? is that why we have freedom of the press and freedom of speech?

twitter cancelled the new york posts twitter account, for posting a story that twitter now says was accurate. isn’t that the definition of censorship?
Old 12-03-2022, 09:44 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
and if that’s now what about ism and changing the subject, nothing is!
Jim, to you telling the truth is what aboutism you chase tall tales of the far right conspiracy folks

You insist Pelosi supposedly knew the guy who broke into the house crt is being taught in schools third graders are being sexualized by their teachers and since the DOJ was investigating parents as domestic terrorists . transgender parents, are child abusers transgender children are mentally ill, and you think Hunter Biden’s laptop is more of a national security issue and some grand cover-up by two social media companies yet one confronted with hours upon hours of interviews Email’s phone records text messages all from Republicans and clearly Trump instigating the attack on the capital fake, electors, election, denialist ask him for people to find him votes siding with white supremacist,

Yet when you are confronted with these obvious truths, you always circle back to Hunter Biden‘s laptop, which was magically procured, by a computer shop owner, who happen to make doubles of personal property aka hard drives . Mysteriously sought out it to the trustworthy Rudy, Giuliani, to give it to who, then, conveniently peddled it to the conservative blogosphere and the far right sources

just like the good and faithful follower that we know you are!

you trust anything that’s on that on that laptop is bullet proof it evidence that something nefarious happened and is undisputed truth of wrongdoing by Hunter, Biden, and his father

I think I’ve said it before. Thank God you’re not a lawyer or in law-enforcement, because your standard of evidence is nonexistent.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:53 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
yes he’s stirring the pot. doesn’t mean it’s not a big story. same question to you. you’re ok with politicians telling media to bury stories to influence an election? is that why we have freedom of the press and freedom of speech?

twitter cancelled the new york posts twitter account, for posting a story that twitter now says was accurate. isn’t that the definition of censorship?
Jim, you discredit your own argument, how can a social media entity censor the New York post story when the New York post itself has paper circulation an online version in which the story was clearly evident to anybody who wish to read it

And thousands of other quasi-media or actual media, people ran the story anyway on their own platforms

clearly you’re confusing freedom of speech and freedom of the press, because none of it was curtailed by any government agency or force of law

In a desperate attempt to make something stick
Old 12-03-2022, 10:05 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, you discredit your own argument, how can a social media entity censor the New York post story when the New York post itself has paper circulation an online version in which the story was clearly evident to anybody who wish to read it

And thousands of other quasi-media or actual media, people ran the story anyway on their own platforms

clearly you’re confusing freedom of speech and freedom of the press, because none of it was curtailed by any government agency or force of law

In a desperate attempt to make something stick
wayne, twitter can bury it on twitter. more people
are in twitter than dead the post.

this is why the left did what they did. I do t think for a second it changed the outcome of the election. But it helped

Now come the hearings, and if the gop has any spine whatsoever, Bidens impeachment.

yes wayne, many outlets ran the story. fox did. but twitter and facebook refused. and look at the numbers of people in twitter and facebook.

But trump!!!’
Old 12-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #12
wdmso

Now come the hearings, and if the gop has any spine whatsoever, Bidens impeachment.

You’re as pathetic as those you support.. you live in a fantasy of lies outrage and driven by revenge facts need. Not apply
Spoken like the cult member we all know you to be..
and not very patriotic
Old 12-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

You’re as pathetic as those you support.. you live in a fantasy of lies outrage and driven by revenge facts need. Not apply
Spoken like the cult member we all know you to be..
and not very patriotic
wayne, did twitter and facebook censor this story, for reasons ( russian disinformation) that turned out to be false?
Old 12-03-2022, 10:10 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Seriously, the big Hunter reveal is … a Twitter thread?
Old 12-03-2022, 10:20 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

I see the poor victim has his panties in a bunch yet again.
To summarize, lots of news orgs pass on fishy unconfirmed story. Finally NYPost runs with it. It has all the hallmarks of the Russian/Assange/Wikileaks stunt of 2016. Twitter has a policy for suppressing hacked material. It has all the hallmarks of a hack.
The responsible executives at Twitter decide to invoke the policy, say they have to remember the context of 2016, say they need to find out more to know whether it was hacked material or not, etc. GOP lobbyists writes in from DC saying Republicans are going to be super mad. It's worth remembering that it is actually highly likely that the material was either hacked or stolen. But even if you believe the story that Biden took his laptop in for repair, forgot about it and left it with a guy who cracked it open and brought it to Rudy Giuliani, believing it was likely hacked or at least taking a cautious approach based on that possibility was hardly a crazy idea or unreasonable or an unethical position. Indeed, the actual email traffic Taibbi published shows the key people being thoughtful and cautious and generally taking their jobs seriously. It's entirely reasonable to think based either on what they knew then or what we know now that they should have made a different decision. (I actually think it was the right decision.) But there's nothing scandalous or hypocritical or dishonest about the decision they made. This whole stunt ("T H E T W I T T E R F I L E S" lol) was a total nothingburger.
The wholly anodyne Taibbi thread is unwitting evidence of a much bigger bummer: every day, American “conservatives” seem to sink deeper into a dirtscape of utter nonsense — of gibberish code words and inscrutable signals that mean nothing to normal people.
They’re very afraid, poor victims
Old 12-04-2022, 07:48 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I see the poor victim has his panties in a bunch yet again.
To summarize, lots of news orgs pass on fishy unconfirmed story. Finally NYPost runs with it. It has all the hallmarks of the Russian/Assange/Wikileaks stunt of 2016. Twitter has a policy for suppressing hacked material. It has all the hallmarks of a hack.
The responsible executives at Twitter decide to invoke the policy, say they have to remember the context of 2016, say they need to find out more to know whether it was hacked material or not, etc. GOP lobbyists writes in from DC saying Republicans are going to be super mad. It's worth remembering that it is actually highly likely that the material was either hacked or stolen. But even if you believe the story that Biden took his laptop in for repair, forgot about it and left it with a guy who cracked it open and brought it to Rudy Giuliani, believing it was likely hacked or at least taking a cautious approach based on that possibility was hardly a crazy idea or unreasonable or an unethical position. Indeed, the actual email traffic Taibbi published shows the key people being thoughtful and cautious and generally taking their jobs seriously. It's entirely reasonable to think based either on what they knew then or what we know now that they should have made a different decision. (I actually think it was the right decision.) But there's nothing scandalous or hypocritical or dishonest about the decision they made. This whole stunt ("T H E T W I T T E R F I L E S" lol) was a total nothingburger.
The wholly anodyne Taibbi thread is unwitting evidence of a much bigger bummer: every day, American “conservatives” seem to sink deeper into a dirtscape of utter nonsense — of gibberish code words and inscrutable signals that mean nothing to normal people.
They’re very afraid, poor victims
“responsible executives at twitter”.

except the ceo who made the decision, now admits ( now that it can’t hurt Biden) that it was a mistake.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:46 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Pete, you said Twitter was “responsible” for not allowing the story to be discussed.

Here Jack Dorsey, who was the CEO at the time, says it was a “total mistake.”

Who knows better? You or him?

You said the story had all the signs of being russian disinformation? Like what?

https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/dorsey...l-mistake/amp/
Old 12-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
yes he’s stirring the pot. doesn’t mean it’s not a big story. same question to you. you’re ok with politicians telling media to bury stories to influence an election?
Nobody did this, you’re being duped.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:18 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nobody did this, you’re being duped.
so when dorsey said it was a “total
mistake” to ban the story, he’s lying that they banned it?

When Zuckerberg told seth rogan that facebook banned the story because the FBI warned them if russian disinformation regarding hunter biden, zuckerberg is lying?

the tweets that musk shared that showed twitter executives communicating with the DNC and with Bidens team, those are all fake?

one of us is a dupe all right. is it the one who praises and criticizes both sides? or is it the one who says the same exact thing 100% of the time? which is more likely the dupe?
Old 12-04-2022, 12:46 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so when dorsey said it was a “total
mistake” to ban the story, he’s lying that they banned it?

When Zuckerberg told seth rogan that facebook banned the story because the FBI warned them if russian disinformation regarding hunter biden, zuckerberg is lying?

the tweets that musk shared that showed twitter executives communicating with the DNC and with Bidens team, those are all fake?

one of us is a dupe all right. is it the one who praises and criticizes both sides? or is it the one who says the same exact thing 100% of the time? which is more likely the dupe?
You're misleading and lying, those were not Zuckerbergs words.

Remember the Biden CAMPAIGN could do that without violating the First Amendment, the Trump ADMINISTRATION could not.

See the difference???????

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-04-2022, 01:28 PM   #21
wdmso

Wait, I don't get this Hunter Biden issue. When the FBI obtained the laptop, Trump was in control of the White House, the DOJ and the FBI. So, why wasn't there an investigation if all this Hunter Biden stuff is a smoking gun. Further, during Trump's term in office a special prosecutor was appointed by the name of Durham. So, my thing is why is the focus now a big thing, when it must not have been during Trump's term in the White House? And you can believe this as Trump name is Trump. If there had been anything to the Hunter story, Trump would had it investigated, and he would have used it during the 2020 election. If Trump did not use it when he had control of everything, then you best believe that there is nothing there.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #22
Jim in CT

twitter also left up death threats against a 16 year-old Nick Sandman who did absolutely nothing wrong, and, took no action against those accounts. That was ok. But reporting the truth about shady dealings of Hunter Biden? That’ll get you banned.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #23
spence

Quote:
You're misleading and lying, those were not Zuckerbergs words.
Zuckerberg also said the FBI didn’t warn them specifically about the Hunter Biden story. This is even in the video Jim posted a while ago that he’s too lazy to watch. Duped.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:04 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Pete i concede that you’re the resident expert on made up quotes. But here are his words.

And like Dorsey, and after the story couldn’t hurt Biden, Zuckerberg admitted they had no legitimate cause to censor the story, because it wasn’t disinformation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532.amp
Old 12-04-2022, 06:08 PM   #25
Jim in CT

spence, i never claimed that zuckerberg said the fib warned him about a story regarding hunters laptop. if you’re going to attack my words, attack words i actually used. it was a general warning from the fbi ( although zuckerberg didn’t deny he was warned specifically about the laptop, i believe he said he couldn’t recall.)
Old 12-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete i concede that you’re the resident expert on made up quotes. But here are his words.

And like Dorsey, and after the story couldn’t hurt Biden, Zuckerberg admitted they had no legitimate cause to censor the story, because it wasn’t disinformation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532.amp
The difference between satire and quotes totally escapes you, but you did believe Trump

Here’s what you claimed

“When Zuckerberg told seth rogan that facebook banned the story because the FBI warned them if russian disinformation regarding hunter biden, “

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-04-2022, 08:59 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
The difference between satire and quotes totally escapes you, but you did believe Trump

Here’s what you claimed

“When Zuckerberg told seth rogan that facebook banned the story because the FBI warned them if russian disinformation regarding hunter biden, “
did i mention hunters laptop in that sentence? i sure don’t see it. point it out for me.

FBI director said senior fbi agents actions are “deeply troubling”
in regards to political manipulation. that’s not satire, but an exact quote.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ation-00049922

you got caught lying about MTG.
Old 12-04-2022, 09:58 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
did i mention hunters laptop in that sentence? i sure don’t see it. point it out for me.

FBI director said senior fbi agents actions are “deeply troubling”
in regards to political manipulation. that’s not satire, but an exact quote.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ation-00049922

you got caught lying about MTG.
You’ll never get the Trump stink off, but keep trying

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2022, 08:38 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Zuckerberg also said the FBI didn’t warn them specifically about the Hunter Biden story. This is even in the video Jim posted a while ago that he’s too lazy to watch. Duped.
I saw him say "he couldn't recall" if they specifically warned him about Hunter.

Twitter executives say they were warned specifically about stories related to Hunter.

Twitter's former head of integrity, Yoel Roth:

"I also learned in these meetings that there were rumors that a hack-and-leak operation would involve Hunter Biden"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...-censored-2020

What say you, Spence?