Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-19-2022, 04:14 AM   #811
scottw

no joy in peteville....

New Polls Show Lee Zeldin Closing in on Kathy Hochul

"Polling averages now show only a single-digit advantage for the incumbent Democrat — and this is New York."
Old 10-19-2022, 04:23 AM   #812
scottw

roevember?

I wonder where CNN thinks Americans got this bizarre "impression" that the economy is bad and worsening? They must all watch Fox news or something...

CNN-The economy and inflation are the dominant issues three weeks out from the midterm congressional elections, challenging Democrats’ chances of maintaining control of Congress, according to a string of new polls released in the last few days.

Widespread impressions of the economy as bad and worsening, combined with dissatisfaction with President Joe Biden and the way things are going in the country, suggest that the nation’s overall political mood – which had been somewhat more favorable for Democrats following the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade – may be tilting more in Republicans’ favor.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:31 AM   #813
wdmso

If we had one more senator in Washington in the Republican column, I would be the budget chairman,

this may be the last best chance for you and your family to have an America that you can recognize.

Yep Graham just wants a promotion
And slings. They shall not replace message

Asking voters to install a puppet who has zero experience zero integrity zero honesty.
Gram is right on one thing Americans can’t recognize todays GOP
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-19-2022, 08:01 AM   #814
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If we had one more senator in Washington in the Republican column, I would be the budget chairman,

this may be the last best chance for you and your family to have an America that you can recognize.

Asking voters to install a puppet who has zero experience zero integrity zero honesty.
this is incredibly incoherent....
Old 10-19-2022, 08:02 AM   #815
Jim in CT

Quote:

Well the GOP politicians can’t all be as impressive as Stacey Abrams, slum lords like Warnock who then lie about being a slum lord, and the guy from Sling Blade running in PA. does he not own anything other than hooded sweatshirts?

are you saying Lindsay Graham is a puppet? Whose puppet is he? Conservatives have hated him for years because he’s always been too chummy with the liberals. He’s voted for every single democrat nominated supreme court nominee, including Sotomayor who is a lunatic. . he’s almost a RINO, or he was, until he saw what the left did to Brett Kavanaugh. if you don’t like how “hard line” Lindsay Graham is, you can thank democrats for that. they created him. kind of ironic when you think of it.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:54 PM   #816
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Well the GOP politicians can’t all be as impressive as Stacey Abrams, slum lords like Warnock who then lie about being a slum lord, and the guy from Sling Blade running in PA. does he not own anything other than hooded sweatshirts?

are you saying Lindsay Graham is a puppet? Whose puppet is he? Conservatives have hated him for years because he’s always been too chummy with the liberals. He’s voted for every single democrat nominated supreme court nominee, including Sotomayor who is a lunatic. . he’s almost a RINO, or he was, until he saw what the left did to Brett Kavanaugh. if you don’t like how “hard line” Lindsay Graham is, you can thank democrats for that. they created him. kind of ironic when you think of it.

Jim walkers the puppet that's not debatable ! not sure how you came to the idea that it was Graham ? what Graham did he Had a lapse of judgment . he told the Truth . vote for this idiot so i can get a promotion

And once again Jim you Freely spread more lies "Warnocks a slumlord " LOL

, Herschel Walker and his allies are deliberately misleading Georgians about Reverend Warnock and now going so far as to attack his church, the spiritual home of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Independent reporting has affirmed that there have been no evictions at the property and that Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”

And yet

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is signaling that if Republicans win the House majority in next month’s midterm elections, the GOP is likely to oppose more aid to Ukraine in its war with Russia.

yep because Republicans love Putin and freedom

Just add republican were putin's name is

Putin, who told the Financial Times of London newspaper in 2019 that liberalism had become “obsolete,” has loudly advocated for what he considers to be traditional family values. In his Thursday remarks, he said the notion that children are “taught that a boy can become a girl and vice versa” is monstrous and “on the verge of a crime against humanity.”

He also suggested that transgender rights supporters were demanding an end to “basic things such as mother, father, family or gender differences.”

The authoritarian leader has sought to portray himself as a symbol of virile masculinity thats big in Republican circles

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday took aim at "cancel culture" and supporters of transgender rights, suggesting that teaching gender fluidity is a "crime against humanity" while stating that Russia should maintain its "spiritual values and historical traditions,
Old 10-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #817
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim walkers the puppet that's not debatable ! not sure how you came to the idea that it was Graham ? what Graham did he Had a lapse of judgment . he told the Truth . vote for this idiot so i can get a promotion

And once again Jim you Freely spread more lies "Warnocks a slumlord " LOL

, Herschel Walker and his allies are deliberately misleading Georgians about Reverend Warnock and now going so far as to attack his church, the spiritual home of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Independent reporting has affirmed that there have been no evictions at the property and that Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”

And yet

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is signaling that if Republicans win the House majority in next month’s midterm elections, the GOP is likely to oppose more aid to Ukraine in its war with Russia.

yep because Republicans love Putin and freedom

Just add republican were putin's name is

Putin, who told the Financial Times of London newspaper in 2019 that liberalism had become “obsolete,” has loudly advocated for what he considers to be traditional family values. In his Thursday remarks, he said the notion that children are “taught that a boy can become a girl and vice versa” is monstrous and “on the verge of a crime against humanity.”

He also suggested that transgender rights supporters were demanding an end to “basic things such as mother, father, family or gender differences.”

The authoritarian leader has sought to portray himself as a symbol of virile masculinity thats big in Republican circles

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday took aim at "cancel culture" and supporters of transgender rights, suggesting that teaching gender fluidity is a "crime against humanity" while stating that Russia should maintain its "spiritual values and historical traditions,
"Jim walkers the puppet that's not debatable ! "

Agreed. And Warnock is what, an independent?

"not sure how you came to the idea that it was Graham ?"

You said this. You mentioned Graham, not Walker...

"If we had one more senator in Washington in the Republican column, I would be the budget chairman,

"

"Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations"

Does Warnock's church own the property?

Some pastor, taking a $7,000-a-month housing stipend for himself, from his church funds. $7,000 a month.

There are many reports that tenants have been evicted. And are still being evicted.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/war...led-last-week/
Old 10-19-2022, 02:28 PM   #818
Jim in CT

Wayne...

https://shrinkdlink.com/warnock-deni...led-last-week/

"just two days earlier, the apartment complex owned by his church had filed eviction proceedings against three additional residents, in a bid to evict tenants who owed as little as $115 in unpaid rent."
Old 10-19-2022, 02:31 PM   #819
Jim in CT

Quote:
Independent reporting has affirmed that there have been no evictions at the property and that Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true Wayne. You also said recently that towns and states aren't on the hook to care for illegals because the feds have infastructure set up to house them, educate their kids, feed them, give them healthcare. That's what you said. I asked 5 times for proof, I didn't see you offer any.

also from my article..."Fulton County marshals conducted two court-ordered evictions of residents from the property, one in August 2020 and another in February 2022."
Old 10-19-2022, 07:52 PM   #820
Pete F.
Canceled

The Arizona GOP candidate who said he wanted to protect “our children” from progressives has been arrested for masturbating outside of a preschool.

“No one knows who that is”
Probably didn’t know who Dennis Hastert was either
Old 10-19-2022, 09:27 PM   #821
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Arizona GOP candidate who said he wanted to protect “our children” from progressives has been arrested for masturbating outside of a preschool.

“No one knows who that is”
Probably didn’t know who Dennis Hastert was either
ok if that’s true, i’d vote for the democrat. blech.

i looked it up. he’s running for the “arizona college districts governing board.”

this is a nobody pete. come on. it means nothing, other than being an obvious sign of your pathetic desperation.

stacey abrams said on msnbc yesterday that children make inflation worse. she said the existence of children is the reason why people are worried about inflation and gas prices. those damn children!!

that’s so sick there are no words, shes a big fat lonely empty twisted grotesque pathetic sick lunatic.

“have abortions, then you won’t care about gas prices!”

what a message. that’s the rising star of your party? have fun with that. she’s going down again. the question is, will she doom
Warnock as well. she’s the best thing that could happen to the Walker campaign. My god she’s a kook. Children are bad, because they heighten money concerns , christ that’s sick.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-19-2022 at 09:37 PM..
Old 10-20-2022, 03:56 AM   #822
scottw

Quote:

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true Wayne.
you will never, ever, convince him of this.....
Old 10-20-2022, 08:38 AM   #823
wdmso

Quote:
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true Wayne. You also said recently that towns and states aren't on the hook to care for illegals because the feds have infastructure set up to house them, educate their kids, feed them, give them healthcare. That's what you said. I asked 5 times for proof, I didn't see you offer any.

also from my article..."Fulton County marshals conducted two court-ordered evictions of residents from the property, one in August 2020 and another in February 2022."

because you say it, doesn't make it true

Clearly you never follow the advice you give to others.

Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”

Telling the truth is not your strong suit is it

the last one was Warnock ran over
His wife

But the details showed no police report And if did happen it was here foot lol
Old 10-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #824
Jim in CT

Quote:
because you say it, doesn't make it true

Clearly you never follow the advice you give to others.

Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”

Telling the truth is not your strong suit is it

the last one was Warnock ran over
His wife

But the details showed no police report And if did happen it was here foot lol
"Clearly you never follow the advice you give to others. "

I don't make stuff up constantly. I keep asking you to support your lie that there's existing federal infastructure to care for millions and million of illegal immigrants, you keep dodging. Because it doesn't exist.

"Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”"

He is the head of the church that owns a 99% share in that complex. He could stop it if he wanted to.

First you denied the evictions happened. Now you're saying they aren't his fault. Which is it?

His church has reportedly evicted people for owing less than $250, while that same church gives him a housing allowance of $7,000 a month.

He is saying the evictions never happened. But it's public record if they did happen. If those evictions happened, and he lied about them not happening, and he's collecting $84,000 a year for his housing, that's going to hurt him. Doesn't mean he's going to lose as Walker is a terrible, terrible candidate. But it looks very bad. He is personally profiting handsomely from evicting people who are behind $200 in rent. I'm not saying he showed up personally to evict them. But he's getting very wealthy from it.

If the evictions didn't happen, it's wrong to say they did. But it's something very easy to prove, and the folks reporting on the evictions say they have the public records.

"But the details showed no police report And if did happen it was here foot lol"

What are you talking about? There was bodycam footage and a police investigation. There was no arrest. WHy are you saying there was no report? I'd like to know what you based that on? I haven't seen a report, but for sure it was investigated, which means there has to be a report somewhere...

So it's funny if a democrat senate candidate runs over his wifes foot with his car.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:09 AM   #825
wdmso

Quote:

I don't make stuff up constantly. I keep asking you to support your lie that there's existing federal infastructure to care for millions and million of illegal immigrants, you keep dodging. Because it doesn't exist.

"Reverend Warnock has nothing to do with its day-to-day operations.”"

He is the head of the church that owns a 99% share in that complex. He could stop it if he wanted to.

First you denied the evictions happened. Now you're saying they aren't his fault. Which is it?

His church has reportedly evicted people for owing less than $250, while that same church gives him a housing allowance of $7,000 a month.

He is saying the evictions never happened. But it's public record if they did happen. If those evictions happened, and he lied about them not happening, and he's collecting $84,000 a year for his housing, that's going to hurt him. Doesn't mean he's going to lose as Walker is a terrible, terrible candidate. But it looks very bad. He is personally profiting handsomely from evicting people who are behind $200 in rent. I'm not saying he showed up personally to evict them. But he's getting very wealthy from it.

If the evictions didn't happen, it's wrong to say they did. But it's something very easy to prove, and the folks reporting on the evictions say they have the public records.

"But the details showed no police report And if did happen it was here foot lol"

What are you talking about? There was bodycam footage and a police investigation. There was no arrest. WHy are you saying there was no report? I'd like to know what you based that on? I haven't seen a report, but for sure it was investigated, which means there has to be a report somewhere...

So it's funny if a democrat senate candidate runs over his wifes foot with his car.

I always know when your caught in posting a lie.

You write these long responses trying to fill in the blanks

Now there’s body camera footage this didn’t work last election cycle but republicans do what they do best wash rinse and repeat

That’s called desperation

Imagine that a black man you assume ran over his wife’s foot actually stayed and told police what happened. And yet the wife had no injuries.. I guess he aimed for her big toe also

it's funny if a democrat senate candidate runs over his wifes foot
with his car.

Jim my daughter had her foot ran over at 12 years old by my son . And guess what it was my daughter’s fault not his. She was the one outside the car. When he drove off. And guess what she also had nothing broken

Last edited by wdmso; 10-20-2022 at 09:54 AM..
Old 10-20-2022, 09:21 AM   #826
Jim in CT

Quote:
I always know when your caught in posting a lie.

You write these long responses trying to fill in the blanks

Now there’s body camera footage this didn’t work last election cycle but republicans do what they do best wash rinse and repeat

That’s called desperation

Imagine that a black man you assume ran over his wife’s foot actually stayed and told police what happened. And yet the wife had no injuries.. I guess he aimed for her big toe also

it's funny if a democrat senate candidate runs over his wifes foot
with his car.

Jim my daughter had here foot ran over at 12 years old by my son . And guess what it was my daughter’s fault not his. She was the one outside the car. When he drove off. And guess what she also had nothing broken
"Now there’s body camera footage this didn’t work last election cycle but republicans do what they do best wash rinse and repeat "

I'm not saying he ran over her foot. I'm saying there was a police investigation of the allegation against him (no arrest), which necessarily means there's a report somewhere. So what were you basing it on, when you said there's no police report? You seem to be denying that he was accused at the time.

"Jim my daughter had here foot ran over at 12 years old by my son . And guess what it was my daughter’s fault not his."

And what does that tell us about the accusation against Warnock? Nothing. Your kids situation doesn't mean Warnock didn't do it intentionally.

Look, I don't think he did it on purpose or he would have been arrested. Similarly, I'm suspicious of all the allegations against Walker that magically surface just before the election, and he wasn't put in jail either.

I use the same standard, I assume that accusations that surface just before an election are probably made up. I apply that equally to both sides. You dismiss all accusations against every democrat, and believe every accusation made against every republican.

I love it. The fact that your son didn't run over his sister on purpose, somehow means that Warnock is innocent..

And naturally you brought his skin color into it, when it's meaningless. But it's all you got.

Some preacher, evicting tenants behind $200 on rent while he gets an annual housing allowance of $84,000. Let's make him a saint.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:55 AM   #827
wdmso

Warnock didn't do it intentionally.

that assumes he knew her foot was under a tire .. do you hear yourself
Old 10-20-2022, 10:04 AM   #828
Jim in CT

Quote:
Warnock didn't do it intentionally.

that assumes he knew her foot was under a tire .. do you hear yourself
Here's what I wrote...

Look, I don't think he did it on purpose or he would have been arrested

So I don't have a clue what you think you're responding to. You guys even argue when we're agreeing with you...
Old 10-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #829
wdmso

Quote:

I keep asking you to support your lie that there's existing federal infastructure to care for millions and million of illegal immigrants, you keep dodging. Because it doesn't exist.

Jim I am not dodging anything yet you keep adding things to your interpretation of what I said

I said
border states get paid by the Government and their economic model are based in immigration.. and should have added Trade

John Cornyn
he FY 2022 Omnibus Appropriations Bill:

Supports border communities in Texas that absorb the costs from the surge of illegal immigration by directing $130 million to the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) to compensate these communities.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:48 AM   #830
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim I am not dodging anything yet you keep adding things to your interpretation of what I said

I said
border states get paid by the Government and their economic model are based in immigration.. and should have added Trade

John Cornyn
he FY 2022 Omnibus Appropriations Bill:

Supports border communities in Texas that absorb the costs from the surge of illegal immigration by directing $130 million to the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) to compensate these communities.
You also said the infastructre existed. Housing, schools, hospitals, etc...where is that? Apparently it's not on Marthas Vineyard, because they called in the military to ship those folks off.

Since we don't track illegals, how could the feds know how much money each state needs? I'm talking about illegal immigration.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:30 PM   #831
Pete F.
Canceled

Forget the polls, forget the ads. At this point, the only thing that matters is turnout. Who decides to get off their ass and vote? That’s it. Everything else these final 20 days is noise.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:21 AM   #832
scottw

Quote:

Forget the polls,

so you cheered the polls and constantly updated us when you thought they provided some hope for you but now that they paint a bleak picture for you..."forget the polls"

figures....
Old 10-21-2022, 06:40 AM   #833
Pete F.
Canceled

Major DROP in US inflation is coming, according to IMF as well as the fixed income markets.

IMF forecasts US inflation back to normal levels (around 2% annually) within a year. Markets predicting biggest drop in inflation since 2008.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:41 AM   #834
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so you cheered the polls and constantly updated us when you thought they provided some hope for you but now that they paint a bleak picture for you..."forget the polls"

figures....
Noisy, as usual

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2022, 06:45 AM   #835
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

figures....
“forget who wins and loses, that doesn’t mean anything about who voters agree with…”
Old 10-21-2022, 07:17 AM   #836
scottw

Quote:
Major DROP in US inflation is coming, according to IMF as well as the fixed income markets.

IMF forecasts US inflation back to normal levels (around 2% annually) within a year. Markets predicting biggest drop in inflation since 2008.
aren't they predicting a recession in 2023?

Oct 11, 2022 — IMF downgrades its growth estimate for 2023 and warns 'the worst is yet to come' with many people set to experience recession-like conditions.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:18 AM   #837
scottw

we need to know what brandon is predicting...because we know whatever he says will happen....the exact opposite will actually occur
Old 10-21-2022, 08:24 AM   #838
wdmso

House Republicans have introduced legislation

The bill, called the "Stop the Sexualization of Children Act," aims "To prohibit the use of Federal funds to develop, implement, facilitate, or fund any sexually-oriented program, event, or literature for children under the age of 10, and for other purposes.

So much for its about the economy
Old 10-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #839
Jim in CT

Quote:
House Republicans have introduced legislation

The bill, called the "Stop the Sexualization of Children Act," aims "To prohibit the use of Federal funds to develop, implement, facilitate, or fund any sexually-oriented program, event, or literature for children under the age of 10, and for other purposes.

So much for its about the economy
Please tell us which republican said that they won't consider any legislation that's not related to the economy?

Sexualization of little kids is a big political winner for the right, like abortion is for the left. Your side is constantly ramming graphic sexuality in the face of little kids. Most of America doesn't like it, so why wouldn't the GOP pounce on it. It would be stupid of them not to.

The liberal view of kids is to abort as many as possible, and take those that survive the womb, and bring them to adult drag shows, put books in the elementary school libraries that show kids how to give blow jobs, tell kids if they are ever confused about anything, they should consider gender reassignment surgery.

For this election, it's mostly about the economy. Not 100%.

Don't worry. A whopping 5% of Americans say abortion is their top concern. That will save you when the economy is already in a recession by the longstanding definition, stock market correcting, inflation soaring, interest rates soaring, crime soaring, the border is a hot mess.

You've got abortion and Trump. For some reason (and I'm serious here), democrats are barely mentioning low unemployment (which the deserve some credit for), and some of the legislation like the infastructure bill, which they passed with some bipartisan support., No one is mentioning that. It's ALL about abortion and Trump. That's all they're talking about. It's not working.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:45 PM   #840
Pete F.
Canceled

Notice that Trumplicans always make the accusation that they are guilty of….
A First Baptist pastor in Alabama has been arrested and charged with a child sex offense against a seven yr old girl.
Thousands upon thousands of cases of child sex crimes at church, none at drag shows.