Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #1
Jim in CT

CNBC generic poll shows staggering lead for GOP

In decades of doing this poll, the largest lead the GOP has ever had, had been 4 points.

This week, the CNBC ( not Foxnews!) poll showed the GOP with an historic 10 point lead.

Comments from the lefties? All due to racism, sexism, xenophobia, white supremacy?

“If the election were tomorrow, it would be an absolute unmitigated disaster for democrats” said the democratic pollster. Not Sean Hannity who said that, but a democrat who’s a professional pollster.

A lot can happen, and will happen, in 11 months. But people are saying “no, thanks” to what they are seeing. And the democrats can’t change course, these are not Bill Clinton democrats. These democrats will react by lurching further to the left. It’s amazing to watch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nat...ic-ballot/amp/
Old 12-15-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
scottw

release OMNITRON!!!
Old 12-15-2021, 07:54 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
release OMNITRON!!!
the democrats need some
kind of seismic event ( good or bad I guess) to shake things up. They can’t allow things to stay as they are.

A variant that i think has killed one person on the planet so far, i don’t think is going to do it for them. mandating widespread mail-in voting, so that Bob Dole
votes 100 times for the democrats in chicago, could do it for them.

Inflation isn’t showing any signs of waning, and covid cases are shooting up ( though not in Florida!!) as the weather gets cold and people
hunker inside.

They’ll pass some kind of build back better bill which will likely help. but they didn’t get any meaningful lift in polls from then infastructure bill.

Maybe if the DJIA hits 40,000 and stays there until next november, and if unemployment continues to decrease, that should also help.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
wdmso

If the election were tomorrow .. no kidding and historically we see this every mid term . Idiot Americans voting out one POTUS wanting change then these same idiots vote in people of the very party they just voted out..

Then complain when nothing gets done!! Like I said idiots
Old 12-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If the election were tomorrow .. no kidding and historically we see this every mid term . Idiot Americans voting out one POTUS wanting change then these same idiots vote in people of the very party they just voted out..

Then complain when nothing gets done!! Like I said idiots
“we see this every midterm”.

no we don’t. we usually see the pendulum swing away from the sitting presidents party, but not like this.

CNBC has done this poll for decades, and the GOPs lead is more than double the highest lead they’ve ever previously had.

There are “degrees” of
magnitude sometimes wdmso.

NO ONE was expecting NJ to be anywhere near as close as it was.

you’re right, nothing to see.