Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
BMEUPSCOTTY

high speed chase in AZ

Wow... that was a little unnerving... was watching a high speed chase on FOX NEWS via a chopper camera when dude got out and shot himself in the head on live TV...
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Nebe

Just one more reason why I refuse to have a TV
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

No need for a citation for all the moving violations.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I certainly respect, admire, and at times even envy that choice. I'll bet your mind benefits greatly in many ways... If the few shows I enjoy were all available on Netflix, VUDU, etc. I would certainly consider forgoing the TV myself... or rather TV service, as I don't think I could give up the big screen.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
No need for a citation for all the moving violations.
Yeah, definitely cuts down on the paperwork... On the web it was mentioned that the man's condition was as yet unknown... I'm no expert, but having watched it, I'm pretty sure I know his condition.

Just before he ended it, it certainly looked like he was under the influence of something... Probably a 3 day meth binge.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
JohnnyD

Saved the taxpayer money.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
Goose

Its these kinda comments that makes hate coming here. I've said my share but this ridicules. No respect for human life.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
I certainly respect, admire, and at times even envy that choice. I'll bet your mind benefits greatly in many ways... If the few shows I enjoy were all available on Netflix, VUDU, etc. I would certainly consider forgoing the TV myself... or rather TV service, as I don't think I could give up the big screen.
Netflix is all I watch.. I don't think people realize the BS that they are exposed to every day from TV. It really does rot your brain.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Its these kinda comments that makes hate coming here. I've said my share but this ridicules. No respect for human life.
We are suppose to mourn the death of a carjacker that lead police on a high speed chase at upwards of 110 MPH? Why should we respect the life of someone who has no respect for the life of others?
Old 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
BigBo

He had no respect for his own life.
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Goose

I don't know which is the sadder, the guy who took his life or the few of you who have no compassion for people with mental illness. You and yours are exempt for real life issues? You think suicide is F*&^%$ joke?? Really! UNF*&^%$in believable.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
MotoXcowboy

lets try bathsalts
MotoXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Gary
The Bawston Whalah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXcowboy View Post
lets try bathsalts
Lmao
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
I don't know which is the sadder, the guy who took his life or the few of you who have no compassion for people with mental illness. You and yours are exempt for real life issues? You think suicide is F*&^%$ joke?? Really! UNF*&^%$in believable.
I know a few who have committed suicide. It's very sad. But they didn't put other people at risk doing it. I won't lose sleep over this one, and to be honest I'm glad he has no shot of ever moving next door to me.
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
Nebe

I bet he was cranked up on meth
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
I have no compassion for someone that carjacks a vehicle, puts the public at serious risk by driving at speeds of upwards of 110MPH and then is too much of coward to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Instead of talking down to us from your high horse, how about answering my question: Why should we respect the life of someone who has no respect for the life of others? Maybe we should start holding candlelight vigils after the deaths of murders and rapists too?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
Sea Dangles

Maybe Goose is not talking down to you.Perhaps you feel that waye due to the fact Goose took the high road and your path was not quite so elevated.If the phrase "2 wrongs don't make a right" ever found a home it would be under your pillow.If that is how you choose to live you will be an angry,little,old guy with any luck.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I only watch the "so called new's for weather and the market.

Nebe I can respect that,I wish I had the will power to do the same,but only for off season football

I too knew some people who have committed suicide,it's the wrong way out of a problem that can has a remedy.

5/0

Last edited by 5/0; 10-01-2012 at 05:05 AM..

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
Goose

one life or two, its a tragedy. speed, drugs etc. has nothing to do with anything, If a young guy goes out and kills someone in a DUI would it bring you any comfort knowing his life was lost too? Two families are devastated. How shallow we've become to life in general. This has happen twice in my family, the other a suicide 16 yrs old girl. The pain and suffering from the victims (still living) is because they loved. Maybe that whats you lack. And to hear someone like you come on here and say stupid chit paints a pretty good picture on you. or maybe because you typed the first thing on ur mind ur pride is to big to admit it? By no means am i trying to come across as better or holier...simple common sense.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
WESTPORTMAFIA

The posts were about this guy and this particular situation. It had nothing to do with anyone else s dealings with suicide. The guy was a Stiiit bag out on parole after a 2 year bid (which should have been longer). A history of numerous violent crimes and weapons charges. This situation had nothing to do with mental illness. From what this guy did to other people I can say the FU with him and sleep well at night. And if anyone on this site knows someone that might rob me, hold me at gun point, shoot at me or put my family at danger and think that's ok then FU too.
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote