Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-14-2021, 05:17 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I rarely agree with “Liddle Marco”

“For years to come, there are many people on the right, in the media and voters at large that are going to be having to explain and justify how they fell into this trap of supporting Donald Trump.”

- Sen. Marco Rubio (R), 2016
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
and if i post a quote from tulsi gabbard, where she attacks biden and harris, what does that mean to you?

nothing.

anything that smears republicans is always valid.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and if i post a quote from tulsi gabbard, where she attacks biden and harris, what does that mean to you?

nothing.

anything that smears republicans is always valid.
Just remember Everything Trump Touches Dies

Neither Biden or Harris were members of a seditious conspiracy, or violated their oath of office like Trump did on January 6th

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-14-2021, 06:56 PM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Old 12-14-2021, 07:01 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

bam.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:

beyond stupid. so unbelievably stupid.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:06 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:

Did ISIS ask you to say that?
Old 12-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #37
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Does anyone have a picture of Pete that they can post ?
I really need to put a visual with this nut job ?

And is he posting from some mental institution
Old 12-14-2021, 08:04 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Know who has been awful quiet since Liz Cheney started rolling out evidence?

Donald Trump
Old 12-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

Your hero was asked by Bill O’Reilly this weekend which world leaders he “enjoyed speaking with the most.” Trump responded with Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, and Kim Jong-un - “he wrote me beautiful letters, I call them love letters.”

Trump’s favorite leaders to deal with are three communist tyrants—one of whom calls the collapse of Communist Russia the greatest tragedy of the 20th Century. And just how bizarre is it that Trumplicans applaud at the mere mention of North Korea’s dictator? How Un-American can you get and then claim like Trump that you’re Patriots?
Sad

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-14-2021, 11:39 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Your hero was asked by Bill O’Reilly this weekend which world leaders he “enjoyed speaking with the most.” Trump responded with Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, and Kim Jong-un - “he wrote me beautiful letters, I call them love letters.”

Trump’s favorite leaders to deal with are three communist tyrants—one of whom calls the collapse of Communist Russia the greatest tragedy of the 20th Century. And just how bizarre is it that Trumplicans applaud at the mere mention of North Korea’s dictator? How Un-American can you get and then claim like Trump that you’re Patriots?
Sad
Enjoying speaking with them doesn't mean he endorsed their systems of government. He obviously doesn't endorse communism or communist governments. In the response to O'reilly he referred to Putin, Xi Jinping, and Kim Jong-un as tyrants. He said he enjoyed speaking with many world leaders, but he felt he was more successful with the tyrants. That's probably why he enjoyed them more. As you know, he likes to be, or to consider himself to be, successful.

And it's not un-American for Trump to enjoy speaking to communists. On the other hand, one might question how pro-American and anti-Communist it is to be ideologically tied to the Communist party of the USA. As in the Democrat party allowing itself to be effectively supported by the Communist Party with whom they have an almost mirror image platform:

https://cpusa.org/article/people-pow...ox-and-beyond/

And as in the Democrat Party being infiltrated by the CPUSA which affirms loyalty to Beijing:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/commun...g_3749844.html

https://amac.us/democrats-allow-comm...ss-the-nation/

Last edited by detbuch; 12-14-2021 at 11:53 PM..
Old 12-15-2021, 04:30 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
Old 12-15-2021, 04:49 AM   #42
scottw

pete...better step up your misinformation campaign, maybe add a room in the basement bunker, as the nation is desperately relying on you to prevent trump from running in 2024....I heard brandon plans to try to retain his title....might need a new running mate tho'...pelosi would be an excellent choice
Old 12-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #43
PaulS

Quote:

Sad

Hey, Hillary cries!
Old 12-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #44
wdmso

Enjoying speaking with them doesn't mean he endorsed their systems of government.

Spin it baby
Old 12-15-2021, 09:16 AM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
Every day, Fox News takes another step toward its destiny as The Tucker Carlson Channel, and in that future, there’s no room for journalists.
Pure Propaganda all the time
I like what Trevor Noah said “If one person at your network has no integrity, that’s a problem. If nobody has integrity, that’s a company policy.”
Old 12-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

Seems sort of Gay that you want a picture of a guy.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I like what Trevor Noah said “If one person at your network has no integrity, that’s a problem. If nobody has integrity, that’s a company policy.”
so CNN has multiple hosts and producers exposed as jerks and perverts.

The January 6th commission recently read texts to Meadows from multiple foxnews hosts, who were urging the trump administration to do what it could, to put a halt to the january 6 riot. It appears those hosts are opposed to riots, regardless of who the rioters voted for.

on msnbc and cnn, during the summer of love riots, the hosts denied and misreported the violence or encouraged it. those rioters were anti trump, so it’s ok when they rioted.

i’m sure there are nice people and jerks at every network.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #48
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

nothing.

No, its usually meh. Tulsi is playing an interesting role right now for herself.

She checks a lot of boxes (women, veteran, surfer), but she keeps trying to walk this outsider/tell it like it is crowd (hence her wimpy 'present' vote on impeachment) and as a result gets a fair amount of love from the right (The S Other Forum mentions her frequently), BUT, ironically I doubt most of them realized she is far from a centrist and she is basically Bernie Sanders on many of her high profile positions.

I don't dislike many of her positions (particularly on being less of a police state for other countries and being less interventionist), but as a candidate but she may have pissed in the DNC cheerios too much to get much traction beyond the Joe Rogan demographic.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-15-2021, 09:53 AM   #49
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, its usually meh. Tulsi is playing an interesting role right now for herself.

She checks a lot of boxes (women, veteran, surfer), but she keeps trying to walk this outsider/tell it like it is crowd (hence her wimpy 'present' vote on impeachment) and as a result gets a fair amount of love from the right (The S Other Forum mentions her frequently), BUT, ironically I doubt most of them realized she is far from a centrist and she is basically Bernie Sanders on many of her high profile positions.

I don't dislike many of her positions (particularly on being less of a police state for other countries and being less interventionist), but as a candidate but she may have pissed in the DNC cheerios too much to get much traction beyond the Joe Rogan demographic.
sounds like she's more genuine that the other frauds....trump pissed in lots of cheerios and got elected president
Old 12-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #50
PaulS

Quote:
so CNN has multiple hosts and producers exposed as jerks and perverts.what CNN hosts where exposed as perverts? I think Fox has had far more hosts fired for sexual assault/etc.

The January 6th commission recently read texts to Meadows from multiple foxnews hosts, who were urging the trump administration to do what it could, to put a halt to the january 6 riot. It appears those hosts are opposed to riots, regardless of who the rioters voted for. and those same hosts were at the same time lying and saying the insurrection wasn't a big deal

on msnbc and cnn, during the summer of love riots, the hosts denied and misreported the violence or encouraged it. those rioters were anti trump, so it’s ok when they rioted.

i’m sure there are nice people and jerks at every network.
I agree there are jerks at every network but I believe you claimed CNN wasn't honest (or the hosts only read what they are told to read).
Old 12-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #51
scottw

Quote:

what CNN hosts where exposed as perverts?
A long time CNN producer was just arrested for some pretty sick stuff…plus

Last year, Jeffrey Toobin, CNN’s chief legal analyst, was suspended by The New Yorker for masturbating while on a Zoom call with colleagues. When Zucker found out about this grotesque display, CNN did not even suspend Toobin, but instead allowed him to take a requested leave of absence. Zucker then welcomed Toobin back to CNN just a few months later.

Even more problematic, another CNN prime time news anchor, Don Lemon, currently stands accused of sexually assaulting a younger man at a Hamptons bar a few years ago. The man alleges Lemon “put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand” and then shoved his fingers in the alleged victim’s face and aggressively asked if he “like[d] p***y or d**ck.” In the aftermath of the Cuomo fallout, Lemon’s alleged victim described CNN as “a predator protecting machine…rife with predators and perverts.”
Old 12-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Tulsi is like Liz Cheney, fell out of popularity a little on her own side, trying to make friends with the other party.

My point was, the lefties here implied that because even Liz Cheney criticizes Trump, that means Trump musty be bad. Fine. Using that same logic, if Tulsi Gabbard says that Biden and Harris are bad, they must also be bad.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree there are jerks at every network but I believe you claimed CNN wasn't honest (or the hosts only read what they are told to read).
"what CNN hosts where exposed as perverts? "

Cuomos status went from suspended to fired, because of accusations of sexual harassment.

And have you seen the lawsuit against Don Lemon? Not proven yet, but my God is it perverted,

Jeff Toobin as a huge pervert obviously, no ne except CNN will go near him.

And the well known producer arrested for having sex with girls as young as 7.

"I think Fox has had far more hosts fired for sexual assault/etc."

Maybe Fox can afford to fire them. CNN lets their garbage stick around.

"and those same hosts were at the same time lying and saying the insurrection wasn't a big deal"

Got video of fox hosts saying that?

Chris Cuomo said on air during the George Floyd riots, "show me where it says protests are supposed to be peaceful".

Foxnews has more than a few lying, partisan clowns for sure (Hannity is the most glaring). But from what I see, Fox has the only hosts that will criticize politicians on their side, and praise the other side for having good ideas.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #54
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
A long time CNN producer was just arrested for some pretty sick stuff…pluswhat the heck is a producer? and he was fired as soon as they found out about it.

Last year, Jeffrey Toobin, CNN’s chief legal analyst, was suspended by The New Yorker for masturbating while on a Zoom call with colleagues. When Zucker found out about this grotesque display, CNN did not even suspend Toobin, but instead allowed him to take a requested leave of absence. Zucker then welcomed Toobin back to CNN just a few months later.

Even more problematic, another CNN prime time news anchor, Don Lemon, currently stands accused of sexually assaulting a younger man at a Hamptons bar a few years ago. The man alleges Lemon “put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand” and then shoved his fingers in the alleged victim’s face and aggressively asked if he “like[d] p***y or d**ck.” In the aftermath of the Cuomo fallout, Lemon’s alleged victim described CNN as “a predator protecting machine…rife with predators and perverts.”
You forgot to comment on the 2nd half of the quote - a quick search shows Fox had more hosts than CNN in trouble - not that I think what a host does sexually reflects on the network.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:

You forgot to comment on the 2nd half of the quote - a quick search shows Fox had more hosts than CNN in trouble - not that I think what a host does sexually reflects on the network.
"he was fired as soon as they found out about it."

Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, and Jeff Toobin were on air at CNN long after there were some very strange accusations made, in Toobins case we know what happened.

Paul, how many people are on the air in places other than CNN, who have masturbated in front of coworkers, during work Zoom calls?
Old 12-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:

not that I think what a host does sexually reflects on the network.
The host are typically lecturing everyone on behalf of the network so when you find out they are assaulting victims. It reflects on the network
Old 12-15-2021, 11:23 AM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
"what CNN hosts where exposed as perverts? "

Cuomos status went from suspended to fired, because of accusations of sexual harassment.

And have you seen the lawsuit against Don Lemon? Not proven yet, but my God is it perverted,

Jeff Toobin as a huge pervert obviously, no ne except CNN will go near him.

And the well known producer arrested for having sex with girls as young as 7.

"I think Fox has had far more hosts fired for sexual assault/etc."

Maybe Fox can afford to fire them. CNN lets their garbage stick around.

"and those same hosts were at the same time lying and saying the insurrection wasn't a big deal"

Got video of fox hosts saying that?
Yes, there was lots of video so you can look up and see how dishonest they are
Chris Cuomo said on air during the George Floyd riots, "show me where it says protests are supposed to be peaceful".

Foxnews has more than a few lying, partisan clowns for sure (Hannity is the most glaring). But from what I see, Fox has the only hosts that will criticize politicians on their side, and praise the other side for having good ideas.
With the recent people leaving Fox, they have no one who doesn't deviate from the company line. And look up the videos of the hosts lying at the same time as they were sending emails to Meadows.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:46 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
With the recent people leaving Fox, they have no one who doesn't deviate from the company line. And look up the videos of the hosts lying at the same time as they were sending emails to Meadows.
Tucker Carlson spent a lot of
time last week trashing mitch mcconnell and lindsay graham. he’s their 8pm anchor. same with brett baier.

what hosts at cnn and msnbc routinely disagree with powerful liberals? and criticizing joe manchin doesn’t count.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:52 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:

With the recent people leaving Fox, they have no one who doesn't deviate from the company line.
so they are just like cnn and msnbc now....seems fair and balanced
Old 12-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #60
detbuch

Quote:
Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
Did your brain just robotically fart out your political MO for us to admire, or is this supposed to be a serious response to something?