Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 04-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #1
rphud
GrandBob

How do you know when the acoustics are very good

When you can hear "that guy" coughing like he is right next to and you finally spot him at the very far corner from where you are sitting. Yes, Symphony Hall has very good acoustics, some would say excellent. I would say, take some freaking cough drops before you walk in the door or stay home!
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

LOL. Was it a good show other than that?

Zappa was as good as I have heard him since the first couple shows. The sound mix was perfect, for a change, and the song selections were awesome. He had 2 different Berkley people come up and play with the band. Maybe cause it was at Berkley or they were just on last nite but it was super.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

Great acoustics at the maparium
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Bad acoustics = when the music sounds muddy . I like to hear everything separate , clean and crisp . Sometimes the band F's this up just being loud and obnoxious . If the bass is booming with no separation in notes, completely mauling the guitar and vocals . and I can see the drummer working the high hat but can't hear it . I'm late for the door . ZPZ was perfection at Berkeley Performance Center .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
DZ

There are some venues I will not go to because the acoustics are so bad. I thought I knew what good acoustics were until I went to the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville - the place was phenominal. Second only to the mormon tabernacle from what I hear.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
rphud
GrandBob

Ya know my wife asked the same thing and I was kind of at a loss for how to describe it. It was good/ok I think in the overall, but I was expecting better, especially when I saw the synthesizers set up. I was very nice to see them both and together, but maybe that was part of it. At one point they got into Watermelon Man, and Herbie was awesome and Chick carried the beat and it was really great. Kind of did the same on a RTF tune, but that was it. Synthesizer play was like space music versus Headhunters. Sounds like I may have missed the show across the street.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote