Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Biden says "you ain't black" if you're not for him

It's about time for his family to sign the papers.

Remember, Biden also said that "poor people are just as smart as white people".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...7da-v9-6eMU0MU
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 7,371
Trump said: "In my opinion, you vote for a Democrat, you're being very disloyal to Jewish people, and you're being very disloyal to Israel … and only weak people would say anything other than that.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump said: "In my opinion, you vote for a Democrat, you're being very disloyal to Jewish people, and you're being very disloyal to Israel … and only weak people would say anything other than that.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah, but we expect that from Trump. But Biden is a better person. He shouldn't say Trump like things. That might confuse all the smart voters.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump said: "In my opinion, you vote for a Democrat, you're being very disloyal to Jewish people, and you're being very disloyal to Israel … and only weak people would say anything other than that.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just said "my God that was a stupid thing to say"? Why can't you just do that?

I agree with what Trump said. He is probably the best friend that Israel has ever had in the Oval Office. There is no logic behind what Biden said.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 7,371
What black people know
Biden served gracefully under a black man in charge for 8 years, you think Tweety could or would work under a black boss?
They had to hide the black dealers in his casinos when he came.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What black people know
Biden served gracefully under a black man in charge for 8 years, you think Tweety could or would work under a black boss?
They had to hide the black dealers in his casinos when he came.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Is there a reason why you dodged my question? Again, you must have some flimsy beliefs if you can't answer a simple question.

Blacks also know that as a legislator, Biden helped ram through the anti crime legislation that put a lot of blacks in prison, which Trumps criminal justice reform rectified. They also know that a lot more blacks had jobs under Trump, then ever had jobs under Obama.

"you think Tweety could or would work under a black boss?"

Right, there's all kinds of evidence Trump is a racist. Criminal justice reform, school choice, lowest black unemployment ever. If he's a racist, he's a pretty lousy one.

Blacks voted for Obama in huge numbers. They did not turn out in similar numbers for Hilary. Will they turn out in bigger numbers for Biden? That's a key for him, which is why he'll likely pick a black running mate, which could out him over the top. Or, if Trump gets just 15% of that vote, he wins.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #7
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 7,371
Black Americans don’t support Tweety because he's the real racist. Birther nonsense, Central Park Five, LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick, Maxine Waters, Elijah Cummings, etc. His words and actions speak for themselves.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,507
black dont crack
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #9
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Black Americans don’t support Tweety because he's the real racist. Birther nonsense, Central Park Five, LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick, Maxine Waters, Elijah Cummings, etc. His words and actions speak for themselves.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so if you criticize maxine waters and elijah cummings, that’s evidence of racism?

i have news for you, it is possible to be both black and very stupid. one has nothing to do with the other.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
black dont crack
you better hope not. even a slight crack there means trump wins.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #11
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Black Americans don’t support Tweety because he's the real racist. Birther nonsense, Central Park Five, LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick, Maxine Waters, Elijah Cummings, etc. His words and actions speak for themselves.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Central Park Five, LeBron James, Colin Kaepernick, Maxine Waters, Elijah Cummings, and especially etc., are the real racists. Because I said so.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:07 PM   #12
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
black dont crack
they can stay home. Ask president Hilary Clinton if you don’t believe me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #13
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Blacks also know that as a legislator, Biden helped ram through the anti crime legislation that put a lot of blacks in prison, which Trumps criminal justice reform rectified. They also know that a lot more blacks had jobs under Trump, then ever had jobs under Obama.
This isn’t even remotely accurate. Biden’s crime bill did little to actually get states to adopt harsher policies in the states where the vast majority of incarcerations occur. The recent reform bill did ZERO to impact policies that could reduce people being sentenced.

Oh and...

https://apnews.com/f78f4205f474482db8bb8fa7a5ebfa27
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #14
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This isn’t even remotely accurate. Biden’s crime bill did little to actually get states to adopt harsher policies in the states where the vast majority of incarcerations occur. The recent reform bill did ZERO to impact policies that could reduce people being sentenced.

Oh and...

https://apnews.com/f78f4205f474482db8bb8fa7a5ebfa27
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
what does senator tom cotton know. clearly you know
more. and you’ve never shown any bias.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:15 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This isn’t even remotely accurate. Biden’s crime bill did little to actually get states to adopt harsher policies in the states where the vast majority of incarcerations occur. The recent reform bill did ZERO to impact policies that could reduce people being sentenced.

Oh and...

https://apnews.com/f78f4205f474482db8bb8fa7a5ebfa27
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
your link is pure opinion. what we know, is that black unemployment hit an
all time low after president trump cut taxes and regulations.

you guys crack me up. obama gets credit for the economic rebound under his term, trump
doesn’t. obama
isn’t responsible for the H1N1 deaths, but trump is responsible for the covid deaths.

according to you, obama gets credit for every good thing that happened under his watch. every good thing under trumps watch, has nothing to do with him. do i have that about right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
what do the liberals here, make of the fact that Biden talks differently when speaking to blacks. “ain’t black.”. “put y’all back in chains.”

does biden talk like that at fundraisers in Greenwich CT or in Manhattan?

“poor people are just as smart as white people.”

remember that gem?

add it up. it doesn’t add up to having naked contempt for blacks?

deflect and deny away...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,170
Worse than Hillary and her Hot Sauce
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Worse than Hillary and her Hot Sauce
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
correct.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #19
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:52 AM   #20
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
imagine the contempt you'd have to have for your audience to do that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #21
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,507
Trump and his supporters have suggested only real Americans support Trump.

Any criticism your labled as the enemy of the people or socialist or communists or just hate America..

But bidens comments. Those who suddenly care about black unemployment selling it as some how tied to Trumps love of minoritys and his administration inclusiveness... its fun to watch and black Americans see right through it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #22
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

its fun to watch and black Americans see right through it.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it's fun to watch white liberals tell you what black Americans think....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:32 AM   #23
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump and his supporters have suggested only real Americans support Trump.

I'm one of his supporters-by-default. I have not suggested that.

Any criticism your labled as the enemy of the people or socialist or communists or just hate America..

Who are you referring to with this gross generalization. This type of vague reference such as "any" is the kind of false assertion that makes intelligent discussion impossible. Some people are actually socialists, or communists, or do hate America. Criticisms by them can actually reveal if they are socialists, communists, or hate America.

But bidens comments. Those who suddenly care about black unemployment selling it as some how tied to Trumps love of minoritys and his administration inclusiveness... its fun to watch and black Americans see right through it.
I'm assuming from this statement that you are black since you are claiming what blacks see through. Otherwise, you're most likely just stereotyping. But even being black, how would you know that all of your black brethren think and see the way you do? It's not necessary to convince "all" blacks nor just "any," but enough to sway the election.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-23-2020 at 11:28 AM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #24
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,641
So Biden makes an off color joke and guess what, he’s still going to carry most of the black vote...because of his lifelong track record...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #25
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So Biden makes an off color joke and guess what, he’s still going to carry most of the black vote...because of his lifelong track record...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I agree that he was joking. But I Believe that if Trump made a similar kind of joke, perhaps even in reverse, you would call him a racist.

And, your probably right that Biden will carry most of the black vote, but not necessarily because of any "lifelong track record" other than being a Democrat.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:09 PM   #26
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's fun to watch white liberals tell you what black Americans think....
Funny you dont seem to mind when jim tells us what they think.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #27
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So Biden makes an off color joke and guess what, he’s still going to carry most of the black vote...because of his lifelong track record...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And yet you cringed when you saw it.
Yet when a Trumplican accepts such foolishness....


Yup, you are a hypocrite.
Just like the rest of the libs who criticized the orange Caligula when he spouted poop. But didn’t say peep about hairy legs Joe and his “issue” which seems to pop up now and again. M

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #28
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
And yet you cringed when you saw it.
Yet when a Trumplican accepts such foolishness....


Yup, you are a hypocrite.
Just like the rest of the libs who criticized the orange Caligula when he spouted poop. But didn’t say peep about hairy legs Joe and his “issue” which seems to pop up now and again. M
Comparing Trumps history of comments to Bidens history of comments as some how the same ..

is like Me suggesting my seahunt is the same as your onslow bay , because their both boats .. just saying
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:46 AM   #29
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 7,371
The president called one prominent female Democrat fat and another a "skank" , accused another person of murder, is golfing in the midst of a pandemic with 100,000 dead and it won't get nearly the coverage of Joe Biden saying something dumb because the bar for Trump is subterranean and we've normalized having an ignorant monster as president
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #30
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Comparing Trumps history of comments to Bidens history of comments as some how the same ..

is like Me suggesting my seahunt is the same as your onslow bay , because their both boats .. just saying
My comparison was more based on the hypocrisy being displayed on a consistent level. Fair is supposed to mean equal.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com