Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Raven

Thumbs down even bigger A-hole

shoots his dogs in the cellar so he could go on a cruise

WTF and he's a fireman .... unbelievable but true

what a CREEP...... because he couldn't afford to put them in a kennel....

i am floored by this..........

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/...ogs/index.html
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
JohnnyD

Nothing surprises me any more.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
spence

There's no way anybody in his station would trust him to watch their back...ever again.

Not sure if he's just an idiot or really crazy.

POS.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Just shooting them would have been bad enough, but it sounds like he hanged them from a pipe first

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Backbeach Jake

THAT would put him in the crazy column....

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
allchumdup

pUNISHMENT SHOULD FIT THE CRIME!!!!!!!!
allchumdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Little kids and dogs/puppies. These store is always tug at my heart strings. I hope he goes into general population.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Cool Beans

"Santuomo was sentenced to 90 days in jail, to be served in 10-day increments over the next two years. He also has to pay $4,500 in restitution, perform 200 hours of community service, stay away from companion animals for five years and write a letter of apology to be published in the local newspaper and the International Association of Firefighters magazine, the humane society's Miller said."

That's it? 10 day increments in a county jail? and write a letter to be in the paper? That's just silly!

Oh yeah and he has to stay away from pets for 5 years, I guess after that's it's ok again?
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
Raven

Angry thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Just shooting them would have been bad enough, but it sounds like he hanged them from a pipe first
since they mentioned he had a cellar...............

if he was that cheap he could of left enough food and water

in the cellar for the time he spent on a cruise line

a big mess to return to yes....but the method he used was
like Jake said -> borders on the NUT CASE side of things,,,,,
Old 07-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #10
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

total pos wackjob....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #11
Joe

Looks like a d-bag steriod meathead - of which there are many. He got off easy because he is a wired-in firefighter.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
"Santuomo was sentenced to 90 days in jail, to be served in 10-day increments over the next two years. He also has to pay $4,500 in restitution, perform 200 hours of community service, stay away from companion animals for five years and write a letter of apology to be published in the local newspaper and the International Association of Firefighters magazine, the humane society's Miller said."

That's it? 10 day increments in a county jail? and write a letter to be in the paper? That's just silly!

Oh yeah and he has to stay away from pets for 5 years, I guess after that's it's ok again?
In a lot of places, animal cruelty is a freaking misdemeanor. And as far as special conditions go (like staying away from pets), the judge is limited in ordering those by the maximum term of probation set out in the law. In other words, if the maximum term of probation in that jurisdiction is 5 years, that's the limit that a judge can put on the duration of any special conditions of the sentence.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #13
Backbeach Jake

You know the 90 days served 10 at a time over 2 years isn't such a bad idea... It'll remind the rest of the guys at the station what a dirt bag they work with for a long time. He won't be able to let his actions blow over for 2 whole years. I doubt that he's still a fireman at the end of this...

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
Raven

maybe he could be like a lion Tamer....
Old 07-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
Fly Rod

Just because he is a fireman does not mean that he once was a good guy. No matter what profession there are nuts just like him. He is one of the reasons why we have to keep an eye on our children/grandchildren and apparrently your pets.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
Adam_777

Sick bastard.I hope he gets haunted by those dogs everynight in his dreams.He is clearly sick and unfit as a firefighter.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #17
ROCKFISH

If he brought the dogs to the pound to be put to sleep, there would be no problem. Personally, I think a bullet, is less frightening to the animals, especially coming from someone they know.
Sounds gruesome, but in reality, they were animals, not people. and although I don't approve of cruelty, I believe a man has a right to destroy his own property if he chooses.
I'm sure my opinion will not be shared by all, but I believe that is a sign of how perverted mankind has become.
ROCKFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
Dick Durand

- Are you suggesting that mankind has become perverted because people frown upon shooting dogs that interfere with vacation time?

Last edited by Dick Durand; 07-14-2009 at 09:34 PM..
Dick Durand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #19
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKFISH View Post
I'm sure my opinion will not be shared by all, but I believe that is a sign of how perverted mankind has become.
I think you hit the nail on the head with the first part of that sentence, and missed it by as wide a mark as you could on the last

Do me a favor---if you really think what this guy did is fine and that those of us who are horrified by it are perverted---don't ever show up at any SB leg that I'm going to be present for.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #20
Raven

mike P

i thought you were going to comment on whether pets are legally deemed "property" .
Old 07-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #21
ROCKFISH

What I mean by perverted, is that the biblical laws of god, which were meant to protect human life, because it was created in the image and likeness of god, have in modern times been applied to animals, which we were meant to have dominion over.
I did not mean to imply that any of you are perverted because you love your animals. I happen to own a dog and a cat which I would never harm, mostly because my family loves them so much and I love and respect my family to much to hurt them.
I do however consider animals property and in no way accept that they have any inherent rights in and of themselves. Anymore than a striped bass has rights. Animals and fish were given to us to use, and for our benefit, wether as food or as a companion.
No man has a right to kill another mans animal, and the bible is clear on that subject. It is a crime against the owner, and restitution is required.
However, what I believe is a perversion of biblical law, is when animals are elevated to the status of people, (animal rights), and we accept that a crime can be committed against them.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #22
ROCKFISH

A picture of the family dog with my son who died in 2007. I'd of killed that dog many times if not for the memory of my son who loved him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0212.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	35044  
Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

How about the Laws of Common sense......or the laws of commonn decency.

The guy is an Ass........plain and simple.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #24
slow eddie
slow eddie

i have absolutely no idea why i continue to go onto some of the site on s-b.
it totally amazes me that some of the opinons are the real thing and not tongue in cheek. i firmly believe that if i continue to read these statements, i should be commited. there must be a screw loose somewhere.

put them back alive. i do have grandkids.
as your hair gets whiter, your gear gets lighter.
slow eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #25
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
However, what I believe is a perversion of biblical law, is when animals are elevated to the status of people, (animal rights), and we accept that a crime can be committed against them.
Biblical law? Sorry, you live in the wrong country.

You forgot about something the bible also teaches about.

Greed.

Let me know when you sort out how it works into the equation.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
ROCKFISH

I would not dismiss the laws of God, as they are the original basis for many of our laws, in this country. Without the word of god, how would we decide what is right and wrong. Unfortuanately, over the ages mankind has perverted those ideas to the point where today, evil is seen as good, and vise versa, just as the bible predicted would happen in the end times.
And even the so called authorities, who are supposed to uphold justice, have legalized and protected what god calls obomination, in the interest of political correctness. (a whole other topic, but I digress).
As far as greed is concerned, it seems to me that it is being used as an excuse, to punish a man for destroying his own property. I didn't read where a human was harmed in any way. I don't particularly approve of what he did, but I chose not to judge lest I be judged. Where as some of you seem to have a mob mentality, and would like to stone him.
As I said before if he brought the animals to the pound they would be put to sleep and everything would be fine. And I would think most of you guys have killed a few fish and or animals in your time. I know I have. The difference is that in our free thinking, modern, and perverted world we have mistakenly elevated some animals to the level of mankind. In fact above some of mankind. I read every day about killings around the world, that seem less important than these killings perhaps because the victims are not like us. Human but not american. And that i see as a perversion. I don't expect anyone to agree, I'm not looking for any man's approval, Just stating the facts as I see them.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #27
ROCKFISH

P.S. I can't find the laws of common sense, and common decency written anywhere. Perhaps each of us as a different set, or we can make them up as we go along.
I seem to remember hearing about them years ago, but they were for people, not animals. As much as you may love you pets, they are still animals, no soul, no rights, and put here for our use and under our dominion, regardless of what PETA says.
You can love em and protect em, but I think you go to far when you punish a man for destroying his own.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If he killed the Dogs to Feed or Clothe his family then I can see him using them "In the Biblical Sense"

But To kill them because he was to irresponsible/cheap to board them...still makes him an a-hole. He had the money for a cruise.....so he wasn't broke.

WWJD.....I bet if he had a pet or two, he'd have the decency to ask an apostle to drop by and feed them if need be.......I doubt he would hang them and stone them because he couldn't be bothered.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #29
fishbones

Quote:
What I mean by perverted, is that the biblical laws of god, which were meant to protect human life, because it was created in the image and likeness of god, have in modern times been applied to animals, which we were meant to have dominion over.
I did not mean to imply that any of you are perverted because you love your animals. I happen to own a dog and a cat which I would never harm, mostly because my family loves them so much and I love and respect my family to much to hurt them.
I do however consider animals property and in no way accept that they have any inherent rights in and of themselves. Anymore than a striped bass has rights. Animals and fish were given to us to use, and for our benefit, wether as food or as a companion.
No man has a right to kill another mans animal, and the bible is clear on that subject. It is a crime against the owner, and restitution is required.
This is one of the stupidest things ever posted here. Biblical laws? WTF? He lives in Columbus, Ohio. There are laws there that says he can't kill his pets without being prosecuted for it. Is there a biblical law that says you can make a silencer for a gun out of a 2 liter soda bottle? I didn't think so. What a jerkoff. Saying the animal shelter would have killed the dogs is not entirely true, either. They actually try to place animals with families before putting them to sleep.

Also, your analogy about killing striped-bass is just plain stupid. I don't know anyone who keeps them as pets. A pet is not a wild animal.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow eddie View Post
i have absolutely no idea why i continue to go onto some of the site on s-b.
it totally amazes me that some of the opinons are the real thing and not tongue in cheek. i firmly believe that if i continue to read these statements, i should be commited. there must be a screw loose somewhere.
What amazes me, and mystifies me to a certain extent, is why I even bother responding to them

Maybe the answer is this---- ---or just pulling the plug and going on walkabout for a spell.