Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
buckman

Any bets on the outcome?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090421/...piracy_suspect

Read the part about the US lawyers offering there services. What a country. We will be supporting (here I go again) this POS before it's over. One bullet away from having it done with. Damn hindsight
Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Nebe

that guys got it made in the shade now- our prison system is like a 4 star hotel to a bum from Somalia..
Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Cool Beans

I think its highly doubtful that he gets to prison. He'll be released, typical lawyer talk. "He was coerced by drug lords" "He was under a flag of truce and not subject to capture" everyone knows pirate law, you can't harm someone under the rule of "parlay". Mark my words, he will end up under some form of asylum and live out his life in America, and if he is only 16 his mom will be brought over too. A slap on the wrist, and he'll be an American on welfare and foodstamps.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Nebe

maybe he will get a book deal.

oh wait... RECORD DEAL..move over snoop dog.. the pie rat is in da house...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
A slap on the wrist, and he'll be an American on welfare and foodstamps.
Yup.
thats how I see it going down...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

that guy won the lottery

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Raven

next up

On OPRAH
Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
EarnedStripes44

Fresh fruit delivered to his residence...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
spence

You ever stop and think that's exactly why he jumped on the US boat in the first place?

I'm sure he's going to be held accountable for his actions (as he should) but this isn't the person to make an example of. A bullet Buck? The kid is 16 and has probably seen little more than poverty and violence his entire life. These kids are pawns, they need to go after the big fish...

-spence
Old 04-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Raven

sad truth is

in that part of the world
he may have already killed
a hundred human beings.
so age of innocence is irrelevant
Old 04-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You ever stop and think that's exactly why he jumped on the US boat in the first place?

I'm sure he's going to be held accountable for his actions (as he should) but this isn't the person to make an example of. A bullet Buck? The kid is 16 and has probably seen little more than poverty and violence his entire life. These kids are pawns, they need to go after the big fish...

-spence
This is why the world is going to hell. You are making excuses for someone that may or may not be 16. He is a criminal. just like the kids in Columbine and the thugs that kill each other on the streets of Boston. Everyones a damn victim now.
That kid is no pawn and he has seen more and done more then you and I. They live a tough life, but not all become pirates. Give me a break.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
This is why the world is going to hell. You are making excuses for someone that may or may not be 16. He is a criminal. just like the kids in Columbine and the thugs that kill each other on the streets of Boston. Everyones a damn victim now.
That kid is no pawn and he has seen more and done more then you and I. They live a tough life, but not all become pirates. Give me a break.
You didn't read my post, you just had a knee jerk hissy fit.

Funny, I knew you would

-spence
Old 04-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Anyone care to hazard a guess on what the conviction rate is in the Federal courts? You guys must think they're going to haul this guy in front of a typical Massachusetts District Court judge

I'd bet you on a long stretch in a max secure Federal prison but I think I'd be stealing your money

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

MikeP; me too...
I think my sarcasm was lost in translation...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #15
Cool Beans

We should start a pool as to who is closest to the punishment this punk gets. Winner gets some plugs or something.

Used to be anyone caught involved in piracy were shot on site, or hanged the day after their "trial" (may not have been much of a trial but efficient).
Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I'd bet you on a long stretch in a max secure Federal prison but I think I'd be stealing your money
If the kid is only 16, like his Mom says, I can't see any long term punishments. A minor can just about get away with murder and get sent to Juvenal Hall. I'm sure it will all spin out that he was forced into it, maybe some sort of threat to his family if he didn't. Something will come up, that will pull the heart strings of the media and in turn the left and he may never see a federal court room.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Guess ya havta do a carbon test on him first to determine his true age.

" Choose Life "
Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #18
Cool Beans

Its starting already, this is from the AP.

"MOGADISHU, Somalia – At home in central Somalia, Abdiwali Abdiqadir Muse studied English, frequented a dusty, outdoor cinema after school where he watched Bollywood films dubbed into his native Somali and, his mother says, "was wise beyond his years."
The neighborhood where he grew up in the town of Galkayo is one of small homes with corrugated iron roofs, and no running water or electricity.
"The last time I saw him he was in his school uniform," the teen's mother, Adar Abdirahman Hassan, 40, told The Associated Press by telephone Tuesday from her home in Galkayo. "He was brainwashed. People who are older than him outwitted him, people who are older than him duped him.""

Last edited by Cool Beans; 04-21-2009 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: added photo of happy pirate
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
If the kid is only 16, like his Mom says, I can't see any long term punishments. A minor can just about get away with murder and get sent to Juvenal Hall. I'm sure it will all spin out that he was forced into it, maybe some sort of threat to his family if he didn't. Something will come up, that will pull the heart strings of the media and in turn the left and he may never see a federal court room.
He's being charged as an Adult. No brief trips to juvey for him.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Maybe they'll waterboard him to give up the big boss.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
buckman

Quote:
The kid is 16 and has probably seen little more than poverty and violence his entire life. These kids are pawns, they need to go after the big fish...

-spence
Sounds like the ground work being set by his lawyers to me, Spence.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Sometimes in the same post.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Sometimes in the same post.
Actually, it's called objectivity.

-spence
Old 04-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #23
PaulS

For all the people who think he's going to get off w/o a sentence. Anyone want bet a plug?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
For all the people who think he's going to get off w/o a sentence. Anyone want bet a plug?
Yep, if the system has been so corrupted by Liberals as some have accused, it's time for them to put the money where the mouth is.

-spence
Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #25
buckman

He already got off compared to the other guys fate. He's going to get the best lawyers because they love the limelight. He's got a chance, a good chance of getting off.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #26
scottw

you guys bet...I will build a plug for the winner...

oh, it will have an eye patch so that when you fish with it you will laugh and remember how you got it...

Last edited by scottw; 04-22-2009 at 03:21 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #27
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you guys bet...I will build a plug for the winner...

oh, it will have an eye patch so that when you fish with it you will laugh and remember how you got it...
Now that's pretty awesome.

Very kind of you scott. I'm curious to see which one of them win.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
He already got off compared to the other guys fate. He's going to get the best lawyers because they love the limelight. He's got a chance, a good chance of getting off.
How can you think he has a good chance? He's already lost the first round by being tried as an adult. He may not see life but he's in Federal prison for a good amount of time. It's not like he can argue that he isn't guilty of piracy. At best he can say he was forced into it, but even then he's not going to find a lot of love.

-spence
Old 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #29
Cool Beans

Quote:
How can you think he has a good chance? He's already lost the first round by being tried as an adult. He may not see life but he's in Federal prison for a good amount of time. It's not like he can argue that he isn't guilty of piracy. At best he can say he was forced into it, but even then he's not going to find a lot of love.

-spence
He's being tried as an adult, because his father and brother both say he is 18 almost 19. His mother was more than likely going for sympathy by saying he was 16. Even tried as an adult, I still think there is a good chance he's getting off.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #30
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

The first thing that will happen is that he'll get a job at Roche Bros. as a stock boy.

The second thing is that he'll say he is one of "the lost boys of Africa" who didn't walk across the continent. He chose to float his way here.

The third thing that will happen will be that Al Kuntsler, (or did he pass away), the pink attorney will represent him and he'll have him apply for citizenship.

The fourth thing that will happen is that his father will be proven right when he said the perp is 18 years of age, which will make the juvenile question moot.

The fifth thing, what MikeP says will happen, will happen, he'll go to club fed for a long time, and be place in the cell next to John (canoli) Connolly the crooked F.B.I. agent.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman