Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Stacey Abrams still saying racism stole election

on The View, surrounded by all the deep thinkers there, Abrams said she won in 2018, and the hosts gushed over there at that she hasn’t conceded.

The left is very principled about calling out unsubstantiated claims of elections being stolen.

Everything is OK when the left does it. Naturally she blamed racism, even though black turnout was astronomical.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
on The View, surrounded by all the deep thinkers there, Abrams said she won in 2018, and the hosts gushed over there at that she hasn’t conceded.

The left is very principled about calling out unsubstantiated claims of elections being stolen.

Everything is OK when the left does it. Naturally she blamed racism, even though black turnout was astronomical.
You use honesty as if you have any

Once again spoon fed by you keepers over on Fox

Did you even take a minute to read past the head line ? it clearly states

Stacey Abrams praised on 'The View' for not conceding election, defends saying she 'won' Georgia race in 2018

But that’s not her response

Abrams said she appreciated the framing of Hostin's question. "I have never denied that I lost. I don’t live in the governor’s mansion. I would have noticed," she said And there is this clip that’s going around, and it shows me saying that we won, and what I was referring to was that we won in terms of communities that were long left out of the electoral process finally participating in '18 in outstanding numbers," she said.

She went on to say again. Co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin thanked Abrams for "admitting" she outright did not win. "That’s such a rare thing," she said.

"I did it on the day I didn’t win," Abrams said. "I’m not the governor, said that. The other is the election wasn’t fair to voters.

Not sure why you hate women

And of course at the bottom of the story

George Soros throws $1M behind Stacey Abrams' second gubernatorial run

Fox feeding the hordes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You use honesty as if you have any

Once again spoon fed by you keepers over on Fox

Did you even take a minute to read past the head line ? it clearly states

Stacey Abrams praised on 'The View' for not conceding election, defends saying she 'won' Georgia race in 2018

But that’s not her response

Abrams said she appreciated the framing of Hostin's question. "I have never denied that I lost. I don’t live in the governor’s mansion. I would have noticed," she said And there is this clip that’s going around, and it shows me saying that we won, and what I was referring to was that we won in terms of communities that were long left out of the electoral process finally participating in '18 in outstanding numbers," she said.

She went on to say again. Co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin thanked Abrams for "admitting" she outright did not win. "That’s such a rare thing," she said.

"I did it on the day I didn’t win," Abrams said. "I’m not the governor, said that. The other is the election wasn’t fair to voters.

Not sure why you hate women

And of course at the bottom of the story

George Soros throws $1M behind Stacey Abrams' second gubernatorial run

Fox feeding the hordes
Look at the title of my post, tell me what's dishonest. She's saying racism is why she lost, yet black turnout was astronomical.

Show me some evidence that what happened in GA was based on race and unusual.

Did George Soros contribute or not?
Old 09-14-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Look at the title of my post, tell me what's dishonest. She's saying racism is why she lost, yet black turnout was astronomical.

Whistle much?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:

Stacey Abrams still saying racism stole election

Again your lack of truthfulness is amazing…. no such statements were made anywhere in the article
Old 10-02-2022, 05:47 AM   #6
scottw

she is so much fun....

Federal Judge Upholds Georgia Voting Practices in Blow to Stacey Abrams–Backed Lawsuit

"The 288-page order comes in response to a lawsuit first filed in November 2018 after Republican Brian Kemp defeated Abrams in Georgia’s gubernatorial election.

Kemp defeated Abrams by more than 54,000 votes to become governor. Abrams has never conceded to Kemp and has claimed the 2018 election was “stolen from Georgians.”

Josh Belinfante, a lawyer for state election officials, defended the rules and argued that the state’s automatic voter-registration policy and recent increase in voter registration among black residents are evidence that the state is not suppressing voters.

Fair Fight collected testimony from more than 3,000 voters, and very few were unable to cast a ballot. None of the voters said they could not cast a ballot in 2020. Belinfante argued the testimonials showed that many issues were resolved quickly.

Kemp celebrated the ruling on Friday, saying in a statement: “Judge Jones’ ruling exposes this legal effort for what it really is: a tool wielded by a politician hoping to wrongfully weaponize the legal system to further her own political goals.”

Abrams responded to the ruling in a statement of her own: “While the Court’s actions are not the preferred outcome, the conduct of this trial and preceding cases and legislative actions represent a hard-won victory for voters who endured long lines, burdensome date of birth requirements and exact match laws that disproportionately impact Black and Brown voters.”

"BURDENSOME DATE OF BIRTH REQUIREMENTS"...that's a good one
Old 10-02-2022, 06:43 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
she is so much fun....

Federal Judge Upholds Georgia Voting Practices in Blow to Stacey Abrams–Backed Lawsuit

"The 288-page order comes in response to a lawsuit first filed in November 2018 after Republican Brian Kemp defeated Abrams in Georgia’s gubernatorial election.

Kemp defeated Abrams by more than 54,000 votes to become governor. Abrams has never conceded to Kemp and has claimed the 2018 election was “stolen from Georgians.”

Josh Belinfante, a lawyer for state election officials, defended the rules and argued that the state’s automatic voter-registration policy and recent increase in voter registration among black residents are evidence that the state is not suppressing voters.

Fair Fight collected testimony from more than 3,000 voters, and very few were unable to cast a ballot. None of the voters said they could not cast a ballot in 2020. Belinfante argued the testimonials showed that many issues were resolved quickly.

Kemp celebrated the ruling on Friday, saying in a statement: “Judge Jones’ ruling exposes this legal effort for what it really is: a tool wielded by a politician hoping to wrongfully weaponize the legal system to further her own political goals.”

Abrams responded to the ruling in a statement of her own: “While the Court’s actions are not the preferred outcome, the conduct of this trial and preceding cases and legislative actions represent a hard-won victory for voters who endured long lines, burdensome date of birth requirements and exact match laws that disproportionately impact Black and Brown voters.”

but when a republican makes fake accusations against election integrity? they’re the anti-Christ.

when democrats do it? not worth mentioning. in fact it’s a character flaw to even bring it up.

That’s a very convenient, simple, unchallenging universe the snowflakes have created for themselves.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:14 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
she is so much fun....

You think everyone in the rural south has a birth certificate?
You think it’s in the interest of the political forces in power to ensure they can get a photo id?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2022, 07:19 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You think everyone in the rural south has a birth certificate?
You think it’s in the interest of the political forces in power to ensure they can get a photo id?
that is hilarious....
Old 10-02-2022, 07:21 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that is hilarious....
Idiots laugh at lots of things

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2022, 07:25 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Idiots laugh at lots of things
your stupidity is funny ...sorry if that upsets you and causes you to want to insult people

you and paul should complain that people here are being mean and insulting and using vulgar language...that would be funny too
Old 10-03-2022, 07:20 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
your stupidity is funny ...sorry if that upsets you and causes you to want to insult people

you and paul should complain that people here are being mean and insulting and using vulgar language...that would be funny too
Silly troll, as I said…….

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-03-2022, 07:40 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
but when a republican makes fake accusations against election integrity? they’re the anti-Christ.

when democrats do it? not worth mentioning. in fact it’s a character flaw to even bring it up.

That’s a very convenient, simple, unchallenging universe the snowflakes have created for themselves.

You can never tell the truth can you

Stacey Abrams on Monday cautioned against conflating her refusal to concede in the 2018 Georgia governor’s race with former President Donald Trump’s false claims of a stolen election, calling the latter wrong and dangerous for democracy.

“I will never ever say that it is OK to claim fraudulent outcomes as a way to give yourself power,” Abrams said. “That is wrong. I reject it and will never engage in it. But I do believe that it is imperative, especially those who have the platform and the microphone, to talk about the access.”
Abrams acknowledged her loss to Kemp days after the 2018 election. But she attributed that defeat — by less than 1.4 percentage points — to efforts by Kemp, then the secretary of state, to suppress voter turnout. Kemp denied the allegations.

Keep thinking they are the same Jim it’s the only way you can keep supporting Trump. Ya know the man you’ll vote for again if he get the nod. Who still say the election was stolen by massive fraud nation wide that only he and his supporters magically see !
Old 10-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can never tell the truth can you

Stacey Abrams on Monday cautioned against conflating her refusal to concede in the 2018 Georgia governor’s race with former President Donald Trump’s false claims of a stolen election, calling the latter wrong and dangerous for democracy.

“I will never ever say that it is OK to claim fraudulent outcomes as a way to give yourself power,” Abrams said. “That is wrong. I reject it and will never engage in it. But I do believe that it is imperative, especially those who have the platform and the microphone, to talk about the access.”
Abrams acknowledged her loss to Kemp days after the 2018 election. But she attributed that defeat — by less than 1.4 percentage points — to efforts by Kemp, then the secretary of state, to suppress voter turnout. Kemp denied the allegations.

Keep thinking they are the same Jim it’s the only way you can keep supporting Trump. Ya know the man you’ll vote for again if he get the nod. Who still say the election was stolen by massive fraud nation wide that only he and his supporters magically see !
so when Abrams says she didn’t do something immoral. that’s good enough for you.

Black turnout wasn’t suppressed in her previous loss. It’s been looked into. It never happened. GA laws are no more restrictive than laws in blue states wayne. You and abrams may not like that, or the two of you may not grasp that, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true.

I love it. Abrams’ statement that she is innocent, is proof to you that she’s innocent.

Trump is wrong to say his election was stolen with fraud, but you’re fine with Abrams making disproven accusations that her election was stolen due to racism.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:21 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
so when Abrams says she didn’t do something immoral. that’s good enough for you.

Black turnout wasn’t suppressed in her previous loss. It’s been looked into. It never happened. GA laws are no more restrictive than laws in blue states wayne. You and abrams may not like that, or the two of you may not grasp that, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true.

I love it. Abrams’ statement that she is innocent, is proof to you that she’s innocent.

Trump is wrong to say his election was stolen with fraud, but you’re fine with Abrams making disproven accusations that her election was stolen due to racism.

What you claim Abrams did is the same as what Trump did. “. It was wrong to say the election was stolen”. You actually believe that’s all he did ? If so You really are an intellectual dishonest person

Yet the Oath Keepers go on trial for sedition….

Let me guess you and other on this site actually still think what happened on Jan 6th was spontaneous …. And in no way shape or form connected to the Trump administration and those in his orbit .

Ya know because it’s normal for travelers and protesters to show up in DC with all types of weapons body armor helmets pepper spray bear spray zip ties . And ORF teams on standby ..

On the day the election was getting certified ?
Old 10-03-2022, 12:51 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
What you claim Abrams did is the same as what Trump did. “. It was wrong to say the election was stolen”. You actually believe that’s all he did ? If so You really are an intellectual dishonest person

Yet the Oath Keepers go on trial for sedition….

Let me guess you and other on this site actually still think what happened on Jan 6th was spontaneous …. And in no way shape or form connected to the Trump administration and those in his orbit .

Ya know because it’s normal for travelers and protesters to show up in DC with all types of weapons body armor helmets pepper spray bear spray zip ties . And ORF teams on standby ..

On the day the election was getting certified ?
i didn’t say she did the same exact thing as trump. no 2 events are identical. i said she made fake claims about her loss being unfair. What she did is similar to what trump did, in that she’s undermining confidence in our elections with fake claims about her loss being unfair. That’s what she did, and it’s what trump did. they went about it differently, but that’s what they both did. Naturally she played the race card. Naturally you believe it.

you find minor details that make these events not identical, and therefore you say there are no parallels.

Abrams and trump both claimed their losses weren’t the result of free and fair elections. You cannot do anything, say anything, or post anything, to make that wrong.

Do you ever stop talking about this stuff, and try to make a rational argument about why her policy ideas are better for GA? What has she done, other than be black and a woman?
Old 10-04-2022, 07:58 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Abrams platform “I have a vision for One Georgia where everyone thrives. She has a plan to get back to the basics for Georgia families: education, healthcare, housing and making a good living. She’ll put money into our childcare and schools, expand Medicaid, invest in affordable housing and small businesses —all with no new taxes.

Kemp is a far-right extremist who is too dangerous for Georgia. His extreme, unpopular, and radical agenda threatens our state’s future – from blocking funds to the middle class and working families to his weak gun laws, from his refusal to expand Medicaid to bans on abortion. Kemp favors the wealthy few and the ultra-conservatives at the expense of hardworking families.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:14 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Abrams platform “I have a vision for One Georgia where everyone thrives. She has a plan to get back to the basics for Georgia families: education, healthcare, housing and making a good living. She’ll put money into our childcare and schools, expand Medicaid, invest in affordable housing and small businesses —all with no new taxes.

Kemp is a far-right extremist who is too dangerous for Georgia. His extreme, unpopular, and radical agenda threatens our state’s future – from blocking funds to the middle class and working families to his weak gun laws, from his refusal to expand Medicaid to bans on abortion. Kemp favors the wealthy few and the ultra-conservatives at the expense of hardworking families.
i

I didn’t ask what she promised. I asked what she’s done.

His agenda is unpopular, eh? He beat Abrams, i believe his state is growing in population, and his poling isn’t anywhere near hopeless right now. So what’s unpopular to you, perhaps isn’t all that representative of those who are to the right of, say, Hugo Chavez.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:22 AM   #19
wdmso

Republican operatives and elites criticised former president Donald Trump for saying that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has a “DEATH WISH”, but many Republican elected officials have stayed silent.

Then Trump attacked his wife who served in his cabinet

Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!”

Trump praised Ginni Thomas at a Saturday rally for continuing to believe his "big lie" about the 2020 presidential election, which he lost to Joe Biden.

Following her testimony, Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) told reporters Ginni Thomas still believes the election was stolen.

but but Abrams !

Wake up already the actual danger to the Republican Party and to the democratic process in America are out in plan view

But Republicans are afraid to tell their supporters the Truth ! Seeing they already have issues with accepting the Truth
Old 10-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republican operatives and elites criticised former president Donald Trump for saying that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has a “DEATH WISH”, but many Republican elected officials have stayed silent.

Then Trump attacked his wife who served in his cabinet

Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!”

Trump praised Ginni Thomas at a Saturday rally for continuing to believe his "big lie" about the 2020 presidential election, which he lost to Joe Biden.

Following her testimony, Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) told reporters Ginni Thomas still believes the election was stolen.

but but Abrams !

Wake up already the actual danger to the Republican Party and to the democratic process in America are out in plan view

But Republicans are afraid to tell their supporters the Truth ! Seeing they already have issues with accepting the Truth
You criticized trump for falsely suggesting his loss was the result of an unfair election. All i did, was ask why you don’t care that Abrams did the same thing. And instead of explaining why it’s ok when demi rays do it, you get angry and go on a trump tirade. which is changing the subject.

Why is it ok for abrams to claim her election loss was unfair, but a character flaw for Trump to do so? both losers claims have been debunked. yet both are still
telling the lie.

I can criticize both of them, i’m not enslaved to my party. You can’t, because you are enslaved to your party.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:15 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim
"Abortion is murder unless Republicans do it then it's cool" does indeed seem to distract from one of their core, uhhhh, principles.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:15 PM   #22
scottw

she's consistent...

Abrams Declares Victory After Losing Voter Suppression Lawsuit

After nearly four years and millions of wasted taxpayer funds, U.S. District Judge Steve C. Jones ruled on Friday that Georgia’s election practices had violated neither the Constitution nor the Voting Rights Act (VRA) during the 2018 gubernatorial election.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:06 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

BRIAN KEMP CAUGHT ON AUDIO: “All of these Democrats…getting minority voters out to vote…that’s how they’ll win.”
Old 10-09-2022, 07:02 AM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Sounds like a valid campaign strategy to me.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:42 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:

You criticized trump for falsely suggesting his loss was the result of an unfair election. All i did, was ask why you don’t care that Abrams did the same thing. And instead of explaining why it’s ok when dems do it, you get angry and go on a trump tirade. which is changing the subject.

this is fabulous

Old 10-19-2022, 04:08 AM   #26
scottw

can't make this stuff up....

Georgia Breaks Record for First-Day Midterm Turnout after Abrams Alleges Voter Suppression

"Abrams said at a debate Monday that Governor Kemp ‘has assiduously denied access to the right to vote.’"
Old 10-19-2022, 03:32 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Right winger Paul Weyrich: “I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. [O]ur leverage in the elections …goes up as the voting populace goes down."
That was 1980. He was being 100% honest about his approach. The far right wants to impose their toxic worldview on the rest of us, the majority. And they’ve been systematically doing the Weyrich plan ever since:

-gerrymandering legislatures to keep the majority locked out.
- changing rules and laws to make voting more difficult in every way, BY targeting voters who they know will oppose their agenda (voters of color, young voters especially)

- purging voters by the millions to remove them from the political space entirely
- intimidating voters by the DeSantis-style arrests we are now seeing; so some voters choose not to vote out of fear

- as much as possible, making elections about any topics that are NOT their core issues that they know are toxic (think caravans & migrant flights to… …take abortion bans out of the news cycle). The last thing they want is straight-up referenda on their issues as happened in Kansas. Because they know the majority oppose them. That’s why we see so much toxic disinformation come election time (Ie. Police budgets are up all over)

It’s not hard make clear how Republican corrupt and undemocratic governance is generating disastrous outcomes for everyday Americans (4 days of school a week, broken energy grids, crumbling towns, student debt, failing schools, poor health care, extremism, etc)

The truth is, THEY largely have
indefensible records due to unaccountable government.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:48 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Right winger Paul Weyrich: “I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. [O]ur leverage in the elections …goes up as the voting populace goes down."
That was 1980. He was being 100% honest about his approach. The far right wants to impose their toxic worldview on the rest of us, the majority. And they’ve been systematically doing the Weyrich plan ever since:

-gerrymandering legislatures to keep the majority locked out.
- changing rules and laws to make voting more difficult in every way, BY targeting voters who they know will oppose their agenda (voters of color, young voters especially)

- purging voters by the millions to remove them from the political space entirely
- intimidating voters by the DeSantis-style arrests we are now seeing; so some voters choose not to vote out of fear

- as much as possible, making elections about any topics that are NOT their core issues that they know are toxic (think caravans & migrant flights to… …take abortion bans out of the news cycle). The last thing they want is straight-up referenda on their issues as happened in Kansas. Because they know the majority oppose them. That’s why we see so much toxic disinformation come election time (Ie. Police budgets are up all over)

It’s not hard make clear how Republican corrupt and undemocratic governance is generating disastrous outcomes for everyday Americans (4 days of school a week, broken energy grids, crumbling towns, student debt, failing schools, poor health care, extremism, etc)

The truth is, THEY largely have
indefensible records due to unaccountable government.
No one knows who that is.

Meanwhile, despite the "Jim Crow 2.0" laws in GA, early voting is setting records.

"The far right wants to impose their toxic worldview on the rest of us"

As opposed to the far left, which just wants to let everyone choose to live the way they'd like to live! Forcing Christian bakers to violate their religion and participate in gay weddings. But you have no quarrel with it when liberals get in power and force their will on others.

"gerrymandering legislatures to keep the majority locked out."

exactly what the democrats did in CT when we lost a house seat, and what NY democrats got caught doing this year when their new district map was tossed out by the court. But you have np quarrel with it when democrats do it.

Everything is OK when democrats do it!
Old 10-19-2022, 07:41 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t know the cofounder of the Heritage foundation, leader of the Moral Majority, Heritage is funded by Kochs and other billionaires, GOP is doing their dirty work with no shame. GOP is literally the legislative branch of Kochs, Mercers, etc.

Must be quite a vengeful and spiteful god, if it will send you to hell for decorating a cake.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:58 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:

No one knows who that is.
I bet he's a pretty popular subject on whackoleftist.com