Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #691
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who said fat, besides you? did someone bring that up? or are you, as usual, pretending that someone said something they never said?
Keep playing dumb just like Scott . We all know where you dumpster dive for your “ information “

And good job again doing what you do best.. suggesting Hillary calling Republicans deplorable ( which is right on the mark. Just look at some of your posts ). And what Greene said

Yep they are exactly the same
Old 10-04-2022, 08:32 AM   #692
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
how many times did sharpton visit the white house?
When did he get elected?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #693
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Keep playing dumb just like Scott . We all know where you dumpster dive for your “ information “

And good job again doing what you do best.. suggesting Hillary calling Republicans deplorable ( which is right on the mark. Just look at some of your posts ). And what Greene said

Yep they are exactly the same
you brought up fat.

i asked who you responded to.

that makes me dumb? for pointing out that you’re responding to something that no one said?

oh! so the nasty generalizations that democrats make aren’t bad things to say, because they’re true! gotcha

yeah you’re never insulting wayne.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:40 AM   #694
Pete F.
Canceled

Putin is losing to Ukraine.

The ayatollahs may be losing to the people of Iran.

Trump may be losing to the Justice Department.

Republicans seem to be losing control of the 2022 elections.

I’m still worried, but 2022 could be a good year for liberty and democracy.

Of course, we will hear screaming from the right because Conservatism, by definition, is about conserving traditional (and often, outdated) values. So, I would argue that at its core, conservatism requires being unhappy with the way things are today. It is literally rooted in misery by definition.
I’m sure the poor victim has one survey to rebut that…..
Old 10-04-2022, 08:47 AM   #695
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Putin is losing to Ukraine.

The ayatollahs may be losing to the people of Iran.

Trump may be losing to the Justice Department.

Republicans seem to be losing control of the 2022 elections.

I’m still worried, but 2022 could be a good year for liberty and democracy.

Of course, we will hear screaming from the right because Conservatism, by definition, is about conserving traditional (and often, outdated) values. So, I would argue that at its core, conservatism requires being unhappy with the way things are today. It is literally rooted in misery by definition.
I’m sure the poor victim has one survey to rebut that…..

you were banned from starting threads here because of how obsessed and deranged you are. So who’s unhappy?

People are fleeing blue states for red states ( and often to mexico) in search of a better life. Why is that?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/happin...al-affiliation
Old 10-04-2022, 08:51 AM   #696
wdmso

Iran protests: Supreme leader blames unrest on US and Israel

Trump and his supporters blaming the FBI and the deep state for Trumps lost.

Seems they have a lot in common
Old 10-04-2022, 08:58 AM   #697
wdmso

Quote:
you brought up fat.

i asked who you responded to.

that makes me dumb? for pointing out that you’re responding to something that no one said?

oh! so the nasty generalizations that democrats make aren’t bad things to say, because they’re true! gotcha

yeah you’re never insulting wayne.

No Jim I just brought it up a usual comments from the MAGA universe about Abrams similar comments made towards Miichele Obama .another black women you may have heard about

which you claim you know nothing about .. it happens to be the the same place we’re you got the VP blew her way to the top.

please spare me you fake indignation…. ( I never called her Fat lol) never said you did Mr misogyny
Old 10-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #698
Jim in CT

Quote:
No Jim I just brought it up a usual comments from the MAGA universe about Abrams similar comments made towards Miichele Obama .another black women you may have heard about

which you claim you know nothing about .. it happens to be the the same place we’re you got the VP blew her way to the top.

please spare me you fake indignation…. ( I never called her Fat lol) never said you did Mr misogyny
oh…and there are non usual nasty remarks from the progressive universe? they are always respectful to black republicans, to those who are pro life, etc.

My god man what planet do you live on? There are kooks, liars, jerks, crooks on both sides. Neither side has anything close to a monopoly of bad behavior.

Harry Reid was the majority leader of the senate. When romney was running, Reid said Romney was a tax cheat. after the election, it was shown that romney paid his taxes. someone asked harry reid if he felt sorry for lying about Romney, and Reid said no, because the democrats won the election. That was the senate majority leader, much more powerful than MTG will ever be ( I hope) and he was a hate filled, lying lunatic. And there are plenty of people
like him on both sides. Politicians in general are loathsome.

You’re as brainwashed as anyone i’ve ever come across.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:31 AM   #699
Jim in CT

Quote:

i’ve never heard anyone say michelle slept her way to the top ( i’m sure some jerks have said it, never heard it with any credibility). . it’s common knowledge that kamala did exactly that. she didn’t even hide it, she was in an open, public affair with that marrried guy Brown. you think her brains got her where she is?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-04-2022 at 09:36 AM..
Old 10-04-2022, 01:43 PM   #700
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you were banned from starting threads here because of how obsessed and deranged you are. So who’s unhappy?

People are fleeing blue states for red states ( and often to mexico) in search of a better life. Why is that?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/happin...al-affiliation
No obsession in you, poor victim

Now you’ve heard they’re fleeing blue states for Mexico, maybe it’s the United States for a place where healthcare is affordable.

You consistently echo extreme right wing media and think you’re not far right, because you know an immigrant shopkeeper, have a leaf and sorta support gay marriage, but don’t talk about it because it’s contagious.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-04-2022, 01:57 PM   #701
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’ve never heard anyone say michelle slept her way to the top ( i’m sure some jerks have said it, never heard it with any credibility). . it’s common knowledge that kamala did exactly that. she didn’t even hide it, she was in an open, public affair with that marrried guy Brown. you think her brains got her where she is?
As usual you’re not quite lying, just exaggerating.

Kamala Harris did have a relationship with Willie Brown, who later served as San Francisco’s mayor, between 1994 and 1995. The Los Angeles Times first linked the pair in 1994 when Harris, beginning her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, was 29 and Brown, speaker of the California State Assembly was 60.

Although Brown was legally married at the time, he had reportedly been estranged from his wife, Blanche Brown, since 1981, according to People magazine.

As reported by the San Francisco Chronicle, Harris and Brown broke up in 1995. On Dec. 26, 1995, reporter Herb Caen wrote in his daily column that the couple had split, adding the “news came as a shock to many, including those who found Kamala Harris attractive, intelligent and charming.”

Brown went on to serve as mayor of San Francisco from 1996 to 2004. Elected in 2003, Harris would become the district attorney of San Francisco.

The claim Harris “had an affair with a married man” is technically true. But given Brown had been separated from his wife for more than a decade, the claim is misleading. Haris and Brown’s relationship was not secret and they made public appearances as a couple.
You and the DC press despises Harris and make no bones about it. She's all business, no play, no gotchas, no scandals, no drama - nothing of a single thing they're desperate to dredge out of anyone in power to light up their pages. Plus she's a strong, intelligent Black woman.

I’m not going to be snarky about Dr Oz’s history killing puppies because—along with putting up the profoundly unfit Herschel Walker for Senate—we have a major party that thinks so lowly of America’s future that these are the caliber of humans they want in positions of leadership.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-04-2022, 03:27 PM   #702
Jim in CT

Quote:
No obsession in you, poor victim

Now you’ve heard they’re fleeing blue states for Mexico, maybe it’s the United States for a place where healthcare is affordable.

You consistently echo extreme right wing media and think you’re not far right, because you know an immigrant shopkeeper, have a leaf and sorta support gay marriage, but don’t talk about it because it’s contagious.
you can’t victimize me. you’re a paranoid lunatic

unlike you, i can praise or criticize either side.

i’ll talk about gay marriage all day. i supported it, and not sorta,,when obama and hilary and even the citizens of CA were opposed. Which we all know means you opposed it then, because you can’t go against the leftie grain, not ever.

i’m curious to know why you said i sorta support it? Why’d you have to lie and throw in a qualifier? because the truth isn’t convenient for you, so you have to lie?

i support what’s true, decent, makes common sense, and helps people without hurting others. I take it case by case. You? You blindly say the liberal is always right.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:27 PM   #703
wdmso

You need to look in a mirror for that to be a true statement

Brainwashed in your world is believing in the Truth and facts funny how that works

Greene declared that Buttigieg is trying to “emasculate the way we drive” by supporting environmentally friendly transportation.

Let’s hear how that comment isn’t about him being Gay
Old 10-04-2022, 03:34 PM   #704
Jim in CT

Quote:
As usual you’re not quite lying, just exaggerating.

Kamala Harris did have a relationship with Willie Brown, who later served as San Francisco’s mayor, between 1994 and 1995. The Los Angeles Times first linked the pair in 1994 when Harris, beginning her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, was 29 and Brown, speaker of the California State Assembly was 60.

Although Brown was legally married at the time, he had reportedly been estranged from his wife, Blanche Brown, since 1981, according to People magazine.

As reported by the San Francisco Chronicle, Harris and Brown broke up in 1995. On Dec. 26, 1995, reporter Herb Caen wrote in his daily column that the couple had split, adding the “news came as a shock to many, including those who found Kamala Harris attractive, intelligent and charming.”

Brown went on to serve as mayor of San Francisco from 1996 to 2004. Elected in 2003, Harris would become the district attorney of San Francisco.

The claim Harris “had an affair with a married man” is technically true. But given Brown had been separated from his wife for more than a decade, the claim is misleading. Haris and Brown’s relationship was not secret and they made public appearances as a couple.
You and the DC press despises Harris and make no bones about it. She's all business, no play, no gotchas, no scandals, no drama - nothing of a single thing they're desperate to dredge out of anyone in power to light up their pages. Plus she's a strong, intelligent Black woman.

I’m not going to be snarky about Dr Oz’s history killing puppies because—along with putting up the profoundly unfit Herschel Walker for Senate—we have a major party that thinks so lowly of America’s future that these are the caliber of humans they want in positions of leadership.
your pasted article fails to mention that Brown, as speaker of the CA house, appointed Harris to two different political positions, which Brown said “influenced her career.”

How convenient that you left that part out! Shocker. We’re stunned you left that out.

How many 60 year olds did she date when she was 29, who didn’t help her career? Any?
Old 10-04-2022, 03:37 PM   #705
Jim in CT

Quote:

You need to look in a mirror for that to be a true statement

Brainwashed in your world is believing in the Truth and facts funny how that works

Greene declared that Buttigieg is trying to “emasculate the way we drive” by supporting environmentally friendly transportation.

Let’s hear how that comment isn’t about him being Gay
brainwashed is thinking that one side has never been wrong, and can never be wrong. That’s not you?
Old 10-05-2022, 04:09 AM   #706
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
your pasted article fails to mention that Brown, as speaker of the CA house, appointed Harris to two different political positions, which Brown said “influenced her career.”

How convenient that you left that part out! Shocker. We’re stunned you left that out.

How many 60 year olds did she date when she was 29, who didn’t help her career? Any?
That’s priceless coming from the person who thinks making your daughter and son-in-law part of your administration is good.
I know because he’s brilliant that’s also why the House of Saud gave him 2 Billion dollars

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2022, 04:20 AM   #707
scottw

Quote:
That’s priceless coming from the person who thinks making your daughter and son-in-law part of your administration is good.
I know because he’s brilliant that’s also why the House of Saud gave him 2 Billion dollars
Old 10-05-2022, 08:19 AM   #708
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Want to see a much better clip, search for Herschel Walkers son's rant after dear old dad suggested he never paid for an abortion, it's priceless.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:08 AM   #709
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Want to see a much better clip, search for Herschel Walkers son's rant after dear old dad suggested he never paid for an abortion, it's priceless.
Don't worry the Evangelicals will soon disown him.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:19 AM   #710
Pete F.
Canceled

White evangelical conservative Christians in Georgia voting for the domestic abuser who paid for an abortion over the literal reverend is proof that it’s always been about power and not holiness to them.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:37 AM   #711
Pete F.
Canceled

Showing proof of vaccination while we're in the throes of a pandemic is a step too far for Republicans, but forcing teenage girls to disclose their menstrual history to play school sports is normal and appropriate?
Old 10-05-2022, 12:13 PM   #712
Jim in CT

Quote:
Showing proof of vaccination while we're in the throes of a pandemic is a step too far for Republicans, but forcing teenage girls to disclose their menstrual history to play school sports is normal and appropriate?
I don't know what you're talking about with menstrual history, but most Americans want girls to compete physically with other girls. If that sounds kooky to you, look at the polling and tell me who is with the majority, and who's on the extreme...I doubt you'd fare well competing physically with men, especially if your inability to compete intellectually is any indication, but most normal people think it's sick to have men and women compete physically with each other. Sure it gives you a fighting chance for the first time, but it puts you out of touch with mainstream America. As usual.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:15 PM   #713
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Don't worry the Evangelicals will soon disown him.
SO Walker is guilty based on allegations. But his opponents wife says he tried to run her over with his car, and he gets a pass. Why is that Paul? Everything is OK when democrats do it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vide...r-foot-2020-12
Old 10-05-2022, 01:19 PM   #714
wdmso

Quote:
SO Walker is guilty based on allegations. But his opponents wife says he tried to run her over with his car, and he gets a pass. Why is that Paul? Everything is OK when democrats do it.

Guilty of what? Besides being a hypocrite
Old 10-05-2022, 02:10 PM   #715
PaulS

Quote:

Allegations? She had a receipt and a note from him. was it 4 kids w/4 woman (tough to keep track of his lies)? Where are his tax returns showing his charitable donations from the company he owned which claimed a % of the earnings were going to charity? Do a search. Candidates like him are why the Rs may not take back the senate.

A few different stories of the evangelical's favorite candidate:

Five weeks out from Election Day, Herschel Walker and his campaign are learning the very basics of crisis communications, including rudimentary lessons like “when the pro-life Senate candidate in Georgia paid for a girlfriend’s abortion and his staffers know about the matter, it’s probably a good idea to have a game plan ready for when the story comes out.” But since the Daily Beast reported that the former football star paid $700 for a girlfriend to terminate a pregnancy in 2009 — and sent a get-well card with his signature on it — the campaign has been scrambling to respond.

It began with an outright denial on Monday with Walker calling the story a “flat-out lie” on Twitter and threatening to sue the Daily Beast over what he said was defamation. That same night, he went on Fox News with a less combative approach. While he still denied that he paid for the abortion, Walker did acknowledge the evidence against him, including a copy of the check, the receipt from the abortion clinic, and a get-well card with his handwriting. “I send money to a lot of people,” he told Sean Hannity.

By Wednesday morning, Walker all but admitted to paying for the abortion. “People see someone sitting in front of you right now that’s been redeemed,” he told Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade. “And I want America to know I’m living proof that you can make mistakes, get up, and keep going forward.” Walker also responded strangely to a viral tirade from his son, Christian, in which his eldest child berated him for lying, claimed that the handwriting in the card was his father’s, and alleged that his father “threatened to kill us and had us move over six times in six months running from your violence.” His answer — that Christian represented “the left” doing “whatever they can to win this seat” — didn’t make too much sense considering that his son is a conservative influencer.

In September 2011, ESPN was rolling out its new documentary about Herschel Walker — but the man of the hour wouldn’t be at the big premiere because, he said, he had real work to do.

“I have to head back to Arkansas for a sales meeting at my chicken factory,” Walker told ESPN at the time. “I have a regular job. I have to go back to work.”

Walker emphasized that there was much more to him than the star football player who won the Heisman Trophy at the University of Georgia and played in the NFL.

“They don’t know that I have this food service company; I have a drapery company and I supervise six hospitals around the United States,” he said.

In December, Walker’s campaign website falsely claimed that he had graduated from the University of Georgia, the school he left after his junior season to play professionally. (Walker’s campaign deleted the claim after the Atlanta Journal-Constitution inquired about it.) In April, CNN’s KFile team revealed that Walker himself had made the false graduation claim for years – and that Walker had even asserted that he graduated in the top 1% of his University of Georgia class.

But when Walker was challenged about his graduation deception in an interview last week with FOX 5 Atlanta anchor Russ Spencer, Walker declared he had never once said he graduated from the University of Georgia.

Last edited by PaulS; 10-05-2022 at 02:16 PM..
Old 10-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #716
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about with menstrual history, but most Americans want girls to compete physically with other girls. If that sounds kooky to you, look at the polling and tell me who is with the majority, and who's on the extreme...I doubt you'd fare well competing physically with men, especially if your inability to compete intellectually is any indication, but most normal people think it's sick to have men and women compete physically with each other. Sure it gives you a fighting chance for the first time, but it puts you out of touch with mainstream America. As usual.
Poor victim

Student athletes in Florida have to agree to have their period tracked in order to be eligible to play.

The state bans abortion after 15 weeks, no exceptions for rape or incest && parents of a minor have to be notified and give consent.

Ask your wife if as a teenager she would have felt comfortable reporting her periods to participate in school activities.
The you can consider what happens when some teenager misses her period for any reason and there’s more than pregnancy involved that can make that happen, never mind that not every woman matures at the same age.
Will the fascists lock her up?
But vaccines are overstepping peoples rights

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2022, 02:59 PM   #717
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...ay/8084649001/
Old 10-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #718
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
blech.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #719
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Allegations? She had a receipt and a note from him. was it 4 kids w/4 woman (tough to keep track of his lies)? Where are his tax returns showing his charitable donations from the company he owned which claimed a % of the earnings were going to charity? Do a search. Candidates like him are why the Rs may not take back the senate.

A few different stories of the evangelical's favorite candidate:

Five weeks out from Election Day, Herschel Walker and his campaign are learning the very basics of crisis communications, including rudimentary lessons like “when the pro-life Senate candidate in Georgia paid for a girlfriend’s abortion and his staffers know about the matter, it’s probably a good idea to have a game plan ready for when the story comes out.” But since the Daily Beast reported that the former football star paid $700 for a girlfriend to terminate a pregnancy in 2009 — and sent a get-well card with his signature on it — the campaign has been scrambling to respond.

It began with an outright denial on Monday with Walker calling the story a “flat-out lie” on Twitter and threatening to sue the Daily Beast over what he said was defamation. That same night, he went on Fox News with a less combative approach. While he still denied that he paid for the abortion, Walker did acknowledge the evidence against him, including a copy of the check, the receipt from the abortion clinic, and a get-well card with his handwriting. “I send money to a lot of people,” he told Sean Hannity.

By Wednesday morning, Walker all but admitted to paying for the abortion. “People see someone sitting in front of you right now that’s been redeemed,” he told Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade. “And I want America to know I’m living proof that you can make mistakes, get up, and keep going forward.” Walker also responded strangely to a viral tirade from his son, Christian, in which his eldest child berated him for lying, claimed that the handwriting in the card was his father’s, and alleged that his father “threatened to kill us and had us move over six times in six months running from your violence.” His answer — that Christian represented “the left” doing “whatever they can to win this seat” — didn’t make too much sense considering that his son is a conservative influencer.

In September 2011, ESPN was rolling out its new documentary about Herschel Walker — but the man of the hour wouldn’t be at the big premiere because, he said, he had real work to do.

“I have to head back to Arkansas for a sales meeting at my chicken factory,” Walker told ESPN at the time. “I have a regular job. I have to go back to work.”

Walker emphasized that there was much more to him than the star football player who won the Heisman Trophy at the University of Georgia and played in the NFL.

“They don’t know that I have this food service company; I have a drapery company and I supervise six hospitals around the United States,” he said.

In December, Walker’s campaign website falsely claimed that he had graduated from the University of Georgia, the school he left after his junior season to play professionally. (Walker’s campaign deleted the claim after the Atlanta Journal-Constitution inquired about it.) In April, CNN’s KFile team revealed that Walker himself had made the false graduation claim for years – and that Walker had even asserted that he graduated in the top 1% of his University of Georgia class.

But when Walker was challenged about his graduation deception in an interview last week with FOX 5 Atlanta anchor Russ Spencer, Walker declared he had never once said he graduated from the University of Georgia.
and there’s a police report of war nick running over his wife’s foot.

I’m not overly impressed by walker, but it’s a binary choice, and republicans are going go to vote for the republican. it’s a choice between two very weird and unimpressive guys.

you’re 100% right about the evidence the girlfriend has. if he paid for an abortion, he should say it and let the voters decide.

Walker has serious credibility issues, and warnicknhas questionable sanity. Warlock said americans cannot serve both god and the military. his words. and he votes on wars now.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #720
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Don’t be upset by liberal using a play from the Republicans play book

Like Banning books that have been library’s for decades. Screaming parents rights

The story also states Although the questions are nothing new, athletes, their families, and their doctors are taking a closer look at where this information goes after the overturning of Roe v. Wade this summer by the U.S. Supreme Court.

With reproductive privacy and parental rights over children's data top of mind, both abortion rights advocates and concerned parents have raised alarms about the questions and and how they can be used.

Last edited by wdmso; 10-05-2022 at 04:00 PM..