Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-27-2022, 05:59 AM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but it’s ok when a christian baker gets shut down for not wanting to violate his religion. you’re ok with that. because everything is ok when liberals do it.

who has gotten arrested in florida for making jokes about christians?

what planet do you live on, exactly?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So in Christians view Christ was selective in who he loved, ya know like not gays, libs and immigrants

“I give you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, so you also must love each other. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2022, 06:06 AM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
again, that’s why i’ve always said that abortion isn’t about choice. it’s about the status of the baby. right? because you and i both believe that women can do whatever they want as long as they don’t hurt someone else

you and i agree on when choice applies, and when it’s limited ( when someone else is hurt). all abortion is about, then, is whether or not the baby is “someone else”.

every thing else is a smokescreen.
Just go to Texas. Today abortion, a medical procedure, is now a felony. Punishable with up to life in prison. No exceptions for rape or incest. If you don’t think this will seriously impact medical care, you are wrong.
Treatment of miscarriage. Treatment of ectopic pregnancy.
Treatment of previable pregnancy loss.
Access to contraception.
Access to fertility care.
And more.
Abortion medications are used to treat incomplete miscarriage and ectopic.

When your water ruptured and the pregnancy is previable you need to induce labor even if the baby has a heartbeat or terminate the pregnancy - otherwise you can become septic and die.

When life is defined as starting at fertilization, as in “personhood” bilks, it can limit the option to have full access to contraception and IVF care.

Nothing about this is pro-life - this is forced birth.

A person should not be forced to risk their life to carry a pregnancy. Pregnancy inherently has risks in every case. And people seek abortion care for terrible circumstances that you could never imagine.

The decision to have an abortion should be personal. You should be allowed to follow your own core beliefs with input from your doctor and family.

Abortion is heath care. Politicians are making medical decisions without understanding the consequences other than political.

And when the consequence for providing essential medical care is a felony, you will see uncertainty and delay in care. Lawyers will get involved. Doctors will leave the state. Even getting care will become difficult. We must not allow this to happen silently.

This is why docs4fertility exists. Your doctors know what is coming. We know this is not safe. And we are not willing to have patient care compromised by politics without a fight.

We support access to the full spectrum of reproductive care for all. Join us.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2022, 07:44 AM   #93
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I guess this is what it looks like when the “glue” that helps you “keep it together” turns to powder.

A little more unhinged than usual this morning.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:19 AM   #94
wdmso

Ron and his new voting police telling the Maga base what they want to hear

20 were charged for voter fraud in Florida.

But of course reality and the details are absent in Ron’s mini campaign event on Fla taxpayers dime

Florida law requires "the state to prove that someone willfully, intentionally, knowingly registered or voted while knowing that they were ineligible."

Many registered to vote and the state sent ballots to these same people

In 2018, Florida voters approved a ballot measure so that the state would automatically restore the voting rights of people with prior felony convictions — except for people who committed murder or a felony sex offense.

And Ron and Republicans changed and added

But during the following legislative session, the state legislature stepped in and passed legislation that required these returning citizens to fulfill every part of their sentence, including paying any fees or fines, in order to regain voting rights.

Thats Ron and republicans respecting voter discrimination against citizens who committed a crime and paid their debt to society . By adding what’s a poll tax.

So Ron created a personal police force to find voter fraud . Who can only find 20 examples of what clearly isn’t fraudulent . Because of the System to maintain a database doesn’t exist to tell those who approve a person voter registration who’s eligible and who isn’t

Republicans fixings issues starting with the roof 1st.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:11 AM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

The DeSantis campaign is doubling down on culture wars today and posting videos from Proud Boys and Moms for Liberty to attack a special education teacher. DeSantis is NOT pro-parent, he is anti-science, anti- culture, anti-professional and anti anyone not like him.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #96
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The DeSantis campaign is doubling down on culture wars today and posting videos from Proud Boys and Moms for Liberty to attack a special education teacher. DeSantis is NOT pro-parent, he is anti-science, anti- culture, anti-professional and anti anyone not like him.
should be a layup for crist....
Old 08-28-2022, 04:13 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
So in Christians view Christ was selective in who he loved, ya know like not gays, libs and immigrants

“I give you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, so you also must love each other. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other.”
why would christians believe christ didn’t live gays? love the sinner, not the sin.

and i was pro gay marriage when obama and hilary were opposed to it, which means i was in favor of it when you were still opposed to it, since your central nervous system commands you always agree with liberals.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:13 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
should be a layup for crist....
yup. and explains why nobody wants to live in FL.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:33 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

While DeSantis stopped CRT that didn't exist, called teachers groomers and banned abortions, Floridians saw average property insurance rates soar from $1,988 in 2019 to $4,231 in 2022.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #100
scottw

Quote:
While DeSantis stopped CRT that didn't exist, called teachers groomers and banned abortions, Floridians saw average property insurance rates soar from $1,988 in 2019 to $4,231 in 2022.
Triggered?
Old 08-28-2022, 07:17 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
homeowners insurance rates are the governors fault? they’re based on premiums and losses.

people are still moving there.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:23 PM   #102
wdmso

Texas public schools required to display “In God We Trust” posters if they are donated

Texas law that requires public schools to display signs and posters with the national motto "In God We Trust" in "conspicuous places." The law requires that the signs were either donated or purchased from private donations to the school.

"Read the bill. Sign must contain "In God We Trust" US flag, Texas flag and "may not depict" any other words or images," Hughes wrote. "Print what you like, but only these signs qualify under the law."

Is this your version of Freedom and small government

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08...-god-we-trust/
wdmso is online now Report Post

The signs had the right message, as required by law. One stated "In God We Trust" over a rainbow background. Another was in Arabic. But the Carroll school district in North Texas rejected the signs, saying it already has enough for its buildings.

Imagine that
Old 08-31-2022, 05:07 PM   #103
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Texas public schools required to display “In God We Trust” posters if they are donated

Imagine that
this is incredibly offensive...are the going to leave them up even when the drag queens come in to dance?
Old 08-31-2022, 05:25 PM   #104
wdmso

Virginia judge on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit brought by two Republicans that sought to limit how bookstores and public school libraries could distribute two books to minors, closing — at least temporarily — an unusual commercial strategy in what conservatives say is a campaign to protect students from age-inappropriate literature.

Friends of yours?
Old 08-31-2022, 05:36 PM   #105
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Virginia judge on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit brought by two Republicans that sought to limit how bookstores and public school libraries could distribute two books to minors, closing — at least temporarily — an unusual commercial strategy in what conservatives say is a campaign to protect students from age-inappropriate literature.

Friends of yours?
I like drag queens...but I wouldn't want women dancing in women's underwear for my 3rd or 4th grader and I definitely wouldn't want men dancing in women's underwear for my 3rd or 4th grader
Old 08-31-2022, 07:33 PM   #106
wdmso

Quote:
I like drag queens...but I wouldn't want women dancing in women's underwear for my 3rd or 4th grader and I definitely wouldn't want men dancing in women's underwear for my 3rd or 4th grader

Yep because that’s what happening to 3 and 4th graders
Old 10-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #107
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Ron has a mess on his hands, all those people flocking to FL, living in their underinsured retirement homes; don't worry folks we will all open up our wallets to help you idiots out. Come to FL the weather is fine, low taxes, all the freedom you want and just an occasional storm to make you rethink your decision.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:49 AM   #108
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Ron has a mess on his hands, all those people flocking to FL, living in their underinsured retirement homes; don't worry folks we will all open up our wallets to help you idiots out. Come to FL the weather is fine, low taxes, all the freedom you want and just an occasional storm to make you rethink your decision.
Rons now in the same position as Chris Christie was after Sandy . Who dared shake Obamas hand and the base turned on him

Let’s what Ron’s going to do when Joe shows up

It’s certain he’ll take as much federal money as he can

And will the Dems try to block recovery money like Republicans have?
Old 10-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #109
PaulS

Don't forget:

In 2012 and 2013, Rubio voted against the larger aid packages for victims of Hurricane Sandy but supported smaller aid bills. Hurricane Sandy made landfall Oct. 29, 2012, and devastated portions of the East Coast, including New York and New Jersey.

In 2013, then-U.S. Rep. DeSantis voted against hurricane aid for Sandy’s victims.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #110
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Don't forget:

In 2012 and 2013, Rubio voted against the larger aid packages for victims of Hurricane Sandy but supported smaller aid bills. Hurricane Sandy made landfall Oct. 29, 2012, and devastated portions of the East Coast, including New York and New Jersey.

In 2013, then-U.S. Rep. DeSantis voted against hurricane aid for Sandy’s victims.

Just read something similar As Florida surveys the damage done by Hurricane Ian and confronts how to recover from it, the New York Times on Thursday ran a piece noting that Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) was once quite skeptical of expansive federal disaster relief. Some of his first votes as a member of Congress in 2013 were against bills to help the Northeast recover from Hurricane Sandy. But then he voted for a 2017 bill that included relief funds for his home state amid Hurricane Irma.

hurricane relief votes and hypocrisy

Anyone see a Trend with Republicans or are we going with the both sides do it argument
Old 10-01-2022, 01:02 PM   #111
Jim in CT

Rubio and Desantis have said the bills they opposed contained unrelated pork spending, and that’s why they opposed the bills.

But paint it as if they wanted everyone to drown and starve to death if it makes you feel better.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:10 PM   #112
PaulS

Quote:
Rubio and Desantis have said the bills they opposed contained unrelated pork spending, and that’s why they opposed the bills.

But paint it as if they wanted everyone to drown and starve to death if it makes you feel better.
As I said previously who cares what you said you're a #^&#^&#^&#^&
Old 10-01-2022, 03:17 PM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
As I said previously who cares what you said you're a #^&#^&#^&#^&
#^&#^&#^&#^& = someone who offers an explanation as to why desantis and rubio voted against the legislation. How dare anyone interrupt with details, your attempt to smear republicans with generalities?

sometimes, mentioning why someone voted a certain way, is pertinent.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:24 PM   #114
PaulS

You're a #^&#^&#^&#^& the way you respond to people.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:54 PM   #115
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're a #^&#^&#^&#^& the way you respond to people.
VP Harris suggested hurricane aid would be based on race and gender.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

All 16 of Florida’s Republican members of the House voted AGAINST federal disaster relief for Florida yesterday.

Here’s a theory

Maybe they all know what DeSantis is up to

He has mils in unspent Covid $

Interest earned from that $ to the tune of $12 mil used 4 immigrant flights

A $22 BILLION budget surplus

$500 mil slush fund 4 natural disasters

& this

Why does he need more?
Old 10-02-2022, 04:59 AM   #117
scottw

Quote:

Maybe they all know what DeSantis is up to

he obviously wants to kill as many people as possible....

pete's theories are amusing....

hey pete, any theory as to why we continue to allow the current president, who is clearly suffering from significant mental and physical decline to continue as leader of the free world in what are very and may become more tumultuous times?
Old 10-02-2022, 07:19 AM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
he obviously wants to kill as many people as possible....

pete's theories are amusing....

hey pete, any theory as to why we continue to allow the current president, who is clearly suffering from significant mental and physical decline to continue as leader of the free world in what are very and may become more tumultuous times?
He’s doing better than the last guy who convinced his followers that he always hires the “best and most serious people”?

At least 11 of these "best and most serious people" have been arrested or charged with a crime.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2022, 07:22 AM   #119
scottw

Quote:

He’s doing better than the last guy

that's an opinion....
Old 10-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #120
wdmso

Quote:

Jim that’s always the excuse Republicans give

But when the areasked to list the pork and unrelated spending

They can’t or won’t..

Funny how that works