Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-25-2022, 09:51 AM   #1
Jim in CT

martha’s vineyard hypocrisy

I did the math, saw that there are more than 20,000 full
time residents in martha’s vineyard. There are 300m americans. there are 2 million illegals that will be caught and processed this year.

So, if we assume it’s fair that all places take a proportionate share of illegals, that would mean martha’s vineyard should have 133. But they were so unable to provide for 50, they had to bring in the military.

The El Paso sector of the border gets 1,500 a day. Every single day.

And martha’s vineyard is a very wealthy place, yet they couldn’t accommodate 50. So imagine how border towns feel.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #2
scottw

I'll go ahead and say it for them...."I can't believe that you are actually and actuarialist"
Old 09-25-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'll go ahead and say it for them...."I can't believe that you are actually and actuarialist"
actuarialists are a cult, you see.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:59 AM   #4
wdmso

Shortly before midnight, a deputy press secretary for DeSantis, Jeremy Redfern, tweeted a picture of former president Barack Obama’s home on Martha’s Vineyard: “7 bedrooms with 8 and a half bathrooms in a 6,892-square-foot house on nearly 30 acres. Plenty of space.”

You 2 Keeping convincing yourself your stand of members of society
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-26-2022, 09:13 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Shortly before midnight, a deputy press secretary for DeSantis, Jeremy Redfern, tweeted a picture of former president Barack Obama’s home on Martha’s Vineyard: “7 bedrooms with 8 and a half bathrooms in a 6,892-square-foot house on nearly 30 acres. Plenty of space.”

i give the gop a big fat F on immigration, so i have no clue what you’re referring to.

But i have a point. If you want an open border, then why is it unfair to expect that martha’s vineyard takes their fair share?

If your side actually believed what they claim to believe, they’d welcome immigrants with open arms. taking selfie’s with them for a day, then calling in the military to ship them off, doesn’t seem consistent with what the left claims to believe.

These people have to live somewhere. Why can’t a proportionate number of them, live in the places that claim to want them?

also, pivoting to a criticism of desantis is “what about-ism”. But it’s ok when you do it!
Old 09-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:

this is brilliant....really
Old 09-26-2022, 10:32 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:

they should raid his home in the middle of the night and arrest this megamagalomaniac....
Old 09-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #8
wdmso

People smuggler: I get clients to sign a waiver

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62832633

Sounds Familiar
Old 09-26-2022, 11:16 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
People smuggler: I get clients to sign a waiver

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62832633

Sounds Familiar
but when Biden and the mayor of Chicago and the government of the vineyard ship them off in a plane, THATS ok, because why?

shocker, that once again you post “liberal=good, conservative=bad”.

shocker.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:55 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but when Biden and the mayor of Chicago and the government of the vineyard ship them off in a plane, THATS ok, because why?

shocker, that once again you post “liberal=good, conservative=bad”.

shocker.
Yep Jim that’s how it happened

Only you would praise Ron. then be upset when people actually took care of those people . And got them what they needed

Classic republicans you love to suggest they were thrown a life ring

But skip over the part where you you removed the Rope!

Convinced you are great humanitarians
Old 09-26-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

Only you would praise Ron. then be upset when people actually took care of those people . And got them what they needed

who took care of them? not the liberals in Chicagonornthe vineyard who couldn’t get rid of them.

Close the stupid border. There’s no argument for kit closing it. For economic reasons, public health reasons, crime, fairness to those waiting in line and obeying the rules, etc
Old 09-26-2022, 03:44 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

i asked go to justify your claim that i defend trump as an honorable man. please tell me where i ever came close to saying that? or did you make it up and therefore lie?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:13 AM   #13
wdmso

i asked go to justify your claim that i defend trump as an honorable man

is that even in this thread ? once again you see hyperbole as Truth when someone you see as a liberal says something But when a conservative speaks its always Hyperbole..

And Anyone who votes for Trump is suggesting he's an honorable man ... Why else would someone want a dishonorable Man as POTUS ? its just how I see it

Close the stupid border. There’s no argument for kit closing it. For economic reasons, public health reasons, crime, fairness to those waiting in line and obeying the rules, etc

yep more BS Talking points, the border isn't open its only republicans telling Migrants that it is ... Funny how that works

Meanwhile in FLA“ While DeSantis was flying legal asylum seekers to Martha’s Vineyard, business owners in his state were struggling for workers

We have a massive labor shortage in Florida in basically every industry here. It’s hard to watch willing workers leave your state with tax dollars,” said Jessica Cooper, owner of Sugar Top Farms just outside of Orlando.

The agriculture industry has long relied on foreign labor and visa programs as domestic workers are less reliable and willing to do the physical work. Agriculture is Florida’s second biggest industry behind tourism.

Both industries pay relatively low wages, making it harder to attract workers in a competitive job market. The hospitality and leisure industry pays an average of $20 an hour, while agricultural workers make $18 an hour on average. But for the construction industry, their average wage of $35 an hour isn’t the issue. It’s an aging workforce. The average age of a construction worker is 55 with retirement at 61.

There are more than 670,000 asylum seekers in the United States waiting for their cases to be heard,

yep spread them All over the states which is already happening . labor shortage solved !

But we already know Republicans have no interest in fixing anything its 100% fear 100% of the time that these brown people are stealing your tax dollars and your jobs , voting and replacing replacing you ...
Old 09-27-2022, 08:55 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
i asked go to justify your claim that i defend trump as an honorable man

is that even in this thread ? once again you see hyperbole as Truth when someone you see as a liberal says something But when a conservative speaks its always Hyperbole..

And Anyone who votes for Trump is suggesting he's an honorable man ... Why else would someone want a dishonorable Man as POTUS ? its just how I see it

yep more BS Talking points, the border isn't open its only republicans telling Migrants that it is ... Funny how that works

Meanwhile in FLA“ While DeSantis was flying legal asylum seekers to Martha’s Vineyard, business owners in his state were struggling for workers

We have a massive labor shortage in Florida in basically every industry here. It’s hard to watch willing workers leave your state with tax dollars,” said Jessica Cooper, owner of Sugar Top Farms just outside of Orlando.

The agriculture industry has long relied on foreign labor and visa programs as domestic workers are less reliable and willing to do the physical work. Agriculture is Florida’s second biggest industry behind tourism.

Both industries pay relatively low wages, making it harder to attract workers in a competitive job market. The hospitality and leisure industry pays an average of $20 an hour, while agricultural workers make $18 an hour on average. But for the construction industry, their average wage of $35 an hour isn’t the issue. It’s an aging workforce. The average age of a construction worker is 55 with retirement at 61.

There are more than 670,000 asylum seekers in the United States waiting for their cases to be heard,

yep spread them All over the states which is already happening . labor shortage solved !

But we already know Republicans have no interest in fixing anything its 100% fear 100% of the time that these brown people are stealing your tax dollars and your jobs , voting and replacing replacing you ...
"s that even in this thread ?"

It was somewhere in the last 2 days, you said that I defend Trump as an honorable man.

Either support that, or admit you lied.

"And Anyone who votes for Trump is suggesting he's an honorable man"

WRONG. Stupidly wrong. I voted for Trump not because I think he's a good man, but because i think the policies he advocates for, are better for the country, than the policies his opponent advocates for. It has nothing to do with my view of him as a person.

If the office was called "role model in chief", then the candidates personal ethics would be most important. I want a president who will grow the economy and keep taxes low and kill terrorists. I don't especially care if he cheats on his wife or is vulgar.

You voted for Hilary, youre saying she's an honorable person? It's honorable to lie about coming under sniper fire on a foreign visit when video footage shows it never happened? It's honorable to marry a serial predator of women, to lie to protect him (she claimed the GOP was framing him), and to slut-shame his victims on national TV? That's honorable?

I think Bill Clinton was a good president. Doesn't mean I think he's honorable. Hes a very sick individual, and corrupt to his core. But he was a good president.

"here are more than 670,000 asylum seekers in the United States waiting for their cases to be heard,"

And they need to live somewhere and be fed, while they wait. The wealthy liberals on the Vineyard wanted no part of that.

"Not in my backyard".
Old 09-27-2022, 09:29 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
And got them what they needed

Yeah, the f#%! off the island

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #16
PaulS

Quote:

And they need to live somewhere and be fed, while they wait. The wealthy liberals on the Vineyard wanted no part of that.

"Not in my backyard".
MV welcomed them and then sent then to another place in the state that was better equipped to take care of them.

Let's compare that to the cons. states. They lied to asylum seekers by printing up a brochure full of lies and then telling them they would be given benefits in Mass. which were not available to them. They had them sign legal documents which I am sure the asylum seekers did not understand, they did not warn the small island that a plane load of asylum seekers was coming (even though NYC Mayor Adams had reached out to TX to ask if they can coordinate to cause less pain to immigrants - which Tx refused to do).

And somehow you are spending weeks trying to twist that to somehow show that "liberal" MV didn't want them.

What a bizzarro world we are living in,
Old 09-27-2022, 10:55 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yeah, the f#%! off the island

keep it up
Old 09-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
"s that even in this thread ?"

It was somewhere in the last 2 days, you said that I defend Trump as an honorable man.

Either support that, or admit you lied.

"And Anyone who votes for Trump is suggesting he's an honorable man"

WRONG. Stupidly wrong. I voted for Trump not because I think he's a good man, but because i think the policies he advocates for, are better for the country, than the policies his opponent advocates for. It has nothing to do with my view of him as a person.

If the office was called "role model in chief", then the candidates personal ethics would be most important. I want a president who will grow the economy and keep taxes low and kill terrorists. I don't especially care if he cheats on his wife or is vulgar.

You voted for Hilary, youre saying she's an honorable person? It's honorable to lie about coming under sniper fire on a foreign visit when video footage shows it never happened? It's honorable to marry a serial predator of women, to lie to protect him (she claimed the GOP was framing him), and to slut-shame his victims on national TV? That's honorable?

I think Bill Clinton was a good president. Doesn't mean I think he's honorable. Hes a very sick individual, and corrupt to his core. But he was a good president.

"here are more than 670,000 asylum seekers in the United States waiting for their cases to be heard,"

"Not in my backyard".

or trys to steal an election lies 24x7 cheats on his taxes and supports seditions

Twist it anyway you want .... you cant was his stink off your hands

Jim you really need to read up on what being Honorable , having ethics and integrity actual means as well as your definitions of corruption .... your dismissal of these virtues as a core standard of elected office is a Big problem in todays right wing universe

that why your party love Orban and the New PM of Italy Giorgia Meloni both Stars of CPAC Fox and others right wing stations are pushing hard to are referring to them as Conservatives ...Tucker Carlson gives passionate endorsement of Italian politician Giorgia Meloni
Carlson: “Ask yourself if you would vote for a candidate like this if you had the chance in our country”

Brothers of Italy,” a party look them up

I swear you still think todays republican party is the party of Reagan

Last edited by wdmso; 09-27-2022 at 11:13 AM..
Old 09-27-2022, 11:05 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
keep it up
Will Do

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

I swear you still think todays republican party is the party of Reagan
technically...it is...
Old 09-27-2022, 11:37 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

being Honorable, ethics and integrity actual means as well as your definitions of corruption .... your dismissal of these virtues as a core standard of elected office is a Big problem in todays right wing universe
good grief....
Old 09-27-2022, 12:02 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
MV welcomed them and then sent then to another place in the state that was better equipped to take care of them.

Let's compare that to the cons. states. They lied to asylum seekers by printing up a brochure full of lies and then telling them they would be given benefits in Mass. which were not available to them. They had them sign legal documents which I am sure the asylum seekers did not understand, they did not warn the small island that a plane load of asylum seekers was coming (even though NYC Mayor Adams had reached out to TX to ask if they can coordinate to cause less pain to immigrants - which Tx refused to do).

And somehow you are spending weeks trying to twist that to somehow show that "liberal" MV didn't want them.

they welcomed them for two days paul. then got them
out of sight.

lightfoot did the same thing in chicago, shipped them off elsewhere
Old 09-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

has it been established they were deceived with a brochure? or is that an accusation?

they’re criminals who have no right to be here. if liberals want them, they have a funny way of showing it.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
they welcomed them for two days paul. then got them
out of sight.

lightfoot did the same thing in chicago, shipped them off elsewhere
They were sent to a place which could handle them not shipped off to an island where the intent was to cause as much harm as possible.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:58 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually they’re not criminals, if you don’t like the laws, you can try and change them.

If they really wanted to harm them, they could have sent them to a Republican state.
They’d have had a better than even odds of sending them to one of the poorest with the worst healthcare, least educational opportunities and highest crime rates.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:01 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
They were sent to a place which could handle them not shipped off to an island where the intent was to cause as much harm as possible.
why can’t martha’s vineyard handle 50 out of the 2 million we get this year?

If a community isn’t prepared to keep any, it’s kind of meaningless, empty virtue-signaling to oppose wall. Isnt it?

Chicago couldn’t keep the ones that Abbott sent?

Paul these are minuscule numbers compared to what they see at the border.

Why would sending them to the vineyard, “cause as much harm as possible?”. what harm befell them in the 48 hours they were there? Did they get injured while sailing or fox hunting with the locals? Did they all get “striper thumb”?

Despite all the self-congratulatory virtue signaling to the contrary, the elites on the Vineyard didn't want these people. So they shipped them off. Lightfoot did the same exact thing.

These people have to live somewhere if we let them stay.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-27-2022 at 01:18 PM..
Old 09-27-2022, 01:53 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
has it been established they were deceived with a brochure? or is that an accusation?

they’re criminals who have no right to be here. if liberals want them, they have a funny way of showing it.
Yes, they had a brochure which was full of lies.

See the problem is that you are wrong. They are not criminals.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:00 PM   #28
PaulS

Quote:

Why would sending them to the vineyard, “cause as much harm as possible?”how is it not harmful sending someone who has a immigration hearing in Seattle (I believe it was) to MV?. what harm befell them in the 48 hours they were there? Did they get injured while sailing or fox hunting with the locals? Did they all get “striper thumb”?Nice demonstration of compassion.
The cons. states could have easily shown a little compassion to them by informing the cities they were being shipped there so the cities could be ready. But when NYC mayor Adams reached out to TX to discuss being informed, TX refused to tell him bc they showed their true colors by trying to cause as much pain and confusion as they could. It is just another demonstration how cons. states have no compassion for the less fortunate.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:06 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes, they had a brochure which was full of lies.

See the problem is that you are wrong. They are not criminals.
do we know if they were given a brochure by the state? or is that what cnn says? is the state of FL conceding that point?
Old 09-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
The cons. states could have easily shown a little compassion to them by informing the cities they were being shipped there so the cities could be ready. But when NYC mayor Adams reached out to TX to discuss being informed, TX refused to tell him bc they showed their true colors by trying to cause as much pain and confusion as they could. It is just another demonstration how cons. states have no compassion for the less fortunate.
is it equally bad when democrats dump
illegals without telling the destination to get ready? or only bad when republicans do it?

El Paso gets 1,500 illegals a day, and blue states expect El Paso to shut up and like it. The millionaires in the vineyard can’t take 50?

from yahoo, a very liberal news outlet…andrew not a peep from the high and mighty.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-dumping...114500037.html