Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Beer & Beverage

Beer & Beverage Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I just don't get it...Yuengling is OK....better than Bud and the like....but there are so many better beers out there I just don't get the hype over this.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I just don't get it...Yuengling is OK....better than Bud and the like....but there are so many better beers out there I just don't get the hype over this.
It's because you couldn't get it. That's all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
JackK
Not Jack

Completely agree TDF/Eben. Yuengling isn't the best beer in the world, especially for those of us that enjoy craft brews. But for an easy drinker? I'll take it over the bud/miller/coors/pbr crew, and also Heineken/amstel/sam etc etc.

For me, it just triggers memories- I mean, this was the first beer I ever had. Fond memories of stealing a few from the garage and sneaking out with friends. Keg parties with the stuff in high school. Back when you could take liquids on airplanes I used to bring a case as a carry-on when I flew from Philly to TF Green (great conversation starter).

I went to the Bears Den show in Taunton last weekend. The Holiday Inn had it there on draft. I was particularly pleased that I ordered a "lager" and got my beer without a second glance
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Exactly. We had some just the other day. First time in quite a while for me and it was just how I remembered it to be. Just a bit above average at best. Tried some of the Black and Tan. The Larger is better. Black and Tan's are meant to be from the draft IMO.
I like Sam Adams Larger better.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote