Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-21-2016, 09:45 AM   #31
ecduzitgood
time to go

https://youtu.be/lYChqtFygRQ

https://youtu.be/rsJj2s6hliM

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 11-21-2016 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #32
Raven

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
If there's one thing that grinds my gears it's fake "news". I would hope that one day anything that is stamped with the term "news" should be 100% accurate. Much like the labeling of organic food.
I think this is fake NEWS

and really you LOVE it -LOL

Hillary Won the election
Old 12-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #33
wdmso

Trump aide loses job after 'Pizzagate'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38231532

the son's gone will the father be next ??

His father, Michael Flynn Snr, Mr Trump's pick to be US national security adviser, has also shared fake news.

How can you be picked to be the next the National security advisor and share or even worse think some of this stuff is Real??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_92861496_flynn (1).jpg
Views:	465
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	63621  
Old 12-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #34
scottw

problem is Wayne..when it comes to sex and money and the Clintons..anything is within the realm of possibility

word of the day...week, year...for the disgruntled liberati .."Fake News"

I listened to Jim and Marjorie out of Boston yesterday while driving around NE....pretty sure they couldn't get through 1 minute of broadcast time without they or one of their guests dropping the phrase "Fake News".....then there was "climate deniers"....over and over with regard to the Gore visit to Trump Palace.........Marjorie first decried "Fake News" then suggested that Trump "ought be particularly concerned about climate change because where he lives, Manhattan, is already almost completely under water".....this was news to me...someone should warn the folks planning to go down there for the New Year's Eve celebration to bring masks and snorkels.....I was excited to hear one of their lefty guests state that STATES would need to play an important role in exercising their rights against mandates and dictates that might come down from the Federal Government under Trump......wish this woman and her friends were consistent on this because while the two hosts agreed wholeheartedly with her on this issue NOW....I don't think the left had any problem with the FEDS exerting their will and trampling states rights when Obama and his crew was running things...the big concerns were pot and the ability to get an abortion after 5 months in the womb....big issues for the left I guess?

funny that the left is so consumed with the importance facts, literal meanings for words and phrases and the quality of the news after the Clinton years through the Bush years and now the Obama years where wordsmithing has become a celebrated art form for the left, meanings are what you chose to make them depending on your necessity the time, the only absolute is that there are no absolutes, you can say one thing one day and mean something completely different the next and lying is a compassionate and fun way to deal with those that you dislike and perfectly acceptable because it is part of the human condition...."everybody does it"

Last edited by scottw; 12-07-2016 at 07:50 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

How can you be picked to be the next the National security advisor and share or even worse think some of this stuff is Real??
VP Pence said the son was not part of the transition team. Later it was confirmed he was. This admin. has already lied more than any other admin.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

This admin. has already lied more than any other admin.
that's a good one....
Old 12-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #37
PaulS

So within a few hours a member of the transition team lies, the national security advisor lies and the VP lies. Pathetic. And all we get is the typical snarky response.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:
So within a few hours a member of the transition team lies, the national security advisor lies and the VP lies. Pathetic. And all we get is the typical snarky response.
everybody does it, ask Eben...especially politicians...i would worry too much
Old 12-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #39
PaulS

Unfortunately, I agree everbody does it. Parlty a result of every statement being examined w/a fine tooth comb. I just think Trump is taking it to a new level.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
word of the day...week, year...for the disgruntled liberati .."Fake News"

funny that the left is so consumed with the importance facts, literal meanings for words and phrases and the quality of the news after the Clinton years through the Bush years and now the Obama years where wordsmithing has become a celebrated art form for the left, meanings are what you chose to make them depending on your necessity the time, the only absolute is that there are no absolutes, you can say one thing one day and mean something completely different the next and lying is a compassionate and fun way to deal with those that you dislike and perfectly acceptable because it is part of the human condition...."everybody does it"
Because some are trapped in the bubble of fake language invented by leftist thought and "news," it is hard for them to accept what you say here as genuine. Emotionally, they probably "feel" that what you say is "fake."

We are constantly bombarded with slanted "news" about how black lives matter, how "conservatives" are basically racist, homophobic, sexist, islamophobic, full of hate, and on and on. And yes, these "news" (or memes) are repeated by Democrat politicians and their staff, including President Obama's staff, even by Obama himself. Hillary based her campaign on such fake language.

Does that make it right if Trump's potential staff "shares" so-called fake news? Obviously not. But if it is not part of their campaign rhetoric, or political face to, and "shared with," the public, should it "disqualify" them. If so, the whole Democrat administration should be disqualified. I'd be willing to go along with that trade-off.

Some are a little too prone to fake outrage.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #41
PaulS

It sad that the "right" has lost so "much" of its "morals" that people now make "excuses" for people's lies.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
It sad that the "right" has lost so "much" of its "morals" that people now make "excuses" for people's lies.
That sentence is loaded with fake language.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #43
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Anthony Weiner told you to say that, didn't he?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
think of it as a football game...the left team has succeeded in getting away with favorable calls throughout the first half...chop blocks, mugging receivers, late hits on the quarterback all seemingly go unnoticed by the officials...so in the second half right team decides to play the style of play that the left team has established with the help of those who are supposed to be officiating, in fact, some of those officiating are tired of the less than admirable tactics from the left team and realize that they are incorrigible so they resist the urge to reach for their flags ....the coaches and players on the left team sideline scream with incredulity with each infraction not understanding why penalties are not being called.. though before halftime they were filled with glee each time they benefited from a non-call .....it's not that the right team has lost morals or is simply making excuses...it's that they've likely resolved to playing by the established rules in order to stand a chance at the end....the cognitive dissonance that you and many on the left are experiencing is not due to the fact that the right is not outraged(there is outrage if you choose to look but tempered probably thanks to years of being ignored and impugned...desensitized perhaps....or call it more "tolerant" you could say maybe ambivalence).... you are frustrated that you can't hold the two sides to different standards in order to maintain an advantage....this can be quite maddening apparently

"just win baby"

Last edited by scottw; 12-08-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Old 12-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
think of it as a football game...the left team has succeeded in getting away with favorable calls throughout the first half...chop blocks, mugging receivers, late hits on the quarterback all seemingly go unnoticed by the officials...so in the second half right team decides to play the style of play that the left team has established with the help of those who are supposed to be officiating, in fact, some of those officiating are tired of the less than admirable tactics from the left team and realize that they are incorrigible so they resist the urge to reach for their flags ....the coaches and players on the left team sideline scream with incredulity with each infraction not understanding why penalties are not being called.. though before halftime they were filled with glee each time they benefited from a non-call .....it's not that the right team has lost morals or is simply making excuses...it's that they've likely resolved to playing by the established rules in order to stand a chance at the end....the cognitive dissonance that you and many on the left are experiencing is not due to the fact that the right is not outraged(there is outrage if you choose to look but tempered probably thanks to years of being ignored and impugned...desensitized perhaps....or call it more "tolerant" you could say maybe ambivalence).... you are frustrated that you can't hold the two sides to different standards in order to maintain an advantage....this can be quite maddening apparently

"just win baby"
Good post. We nominated goody-two-shoes in 08 and 12, it didn't work. The media said John McCain fathered his adopted daughter in an affair, and they said Romney was a heartless tycoon. So there is no benefit to nominating a man of integrity, except for the better treatment you get on Foxnews.

Sometimes you need someone who will elbow back. Enter Mr Trump.

It's also worth noting that Trump's ethical lapses (there are many) are not applicable to everyone else in the party. All things considered, I find the air quite tolerable on our side.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Anthony Weiner told you to say that, didn't he?
I'm a little confused what does Anthony weiner have to do with my comment?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That word Morals....
Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
That word Morals....
No one says he had morals but you didn't see people here talking about "false outrage" or it's not a big deal like you do with Trump's constant lying. In fact when the Anthony Weiner news came to light everybody said how sleazy it was nobody tried defending him. that's the difference
Old 12-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #49
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

It's also worth noting that Trump's ethical lapses (there are many) are not applicable to everyone else in the party. All things considered, I find the air quite tolerable on our side.
Of course his ethical lapses are not applicable to anyone else. Most people recognize that. However you find something you don't like about a Democrat and you apply that to everybody. By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president. Glad you like the air up there.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:

By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president.

gets stranger by the post
Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Of course his ethical lapses are not applicable to anyone else. Most people recognize that. However you find something you don't like about a Democrat and you apply that to everybody. By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president. Glad you like the air up there.
Yesterday you accused the entire "right" of losing so "much" of its "morals" because some have defended Trump (which, I guess, you think is immoral). Yet you think, I guess, that it is wrong to apply to all Democrats something that is not nice about one Democrat.

And now you're implying, I guess, that there is some not nice thing about Trump which is connected to, or inspires a love for, the Confederacy. And that, a mirror image of applying to everybody what is about one person, you now apply to one person (Trump) something pertaining to a whole segment of people.

Aside from your hypocrisy, would you be speaking code, or blowing a dog whistle, implying, or actually saying, that Trump is a racist? Or that he actually does not love America nor does not want to make it great, but actually hankers to the greatness of the Confederate States? Or something like that?

That's the kind of fake news that the Democrats constantly propagate. And have been doing for many years. That's why their outrage over trump seems fake to me. Is he different now than all the years before he ran for President? How come there wasn't this constant barrage of "news" about what a racist, sexist, homophobic, hateful person he was all those years? How come he was actually a celebrity? Befriended by the "left" even more than by the "right"?

That's why it's about politics--his audacity to run against the left and their anointed next-in-line. That's why the Democrat rage over certain fake news is fake rage to me. They've disseminated so much fake news over the decades that it seems to flow effortlessly out of their every orifice.

Scottw's football analogy explains a lot of what passes over you. Probably, Democrat fake tactics have been so pervasive and unchecked by the very media which approved and fed into it with its own fakery that it has been accepted as a norm, was normalized to the point where it wasn't noticed as anything peculiar. Certainly, it was never alluded to as fake news. Even though much of it was.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-08-2016 at 06:25 PM..
Old 12-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
gets stranger by the post
Put your critical thinking cap on.

And tell us again how his lies are not a big deal.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:

which one exactly?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #54
PaulS

Quote:
which one exactly?
Any of them. Do only some lies concern you?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #55
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
or it's not a big deal like you do with Trump's constant lying.
Care to show me where I claimed that.....

All I did was point out somebody on the "Left" who pretty much sums up "Lack of Morals"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
Care to show me where I claimed that.....

All I did was point out somebody on the "Left" who pretty much sums up "Lack of Morals"
I should have said like you "see here", not that you do and I apologize for that. I have not seen you defend his lying. When I use my phone and the voice activation some things are written incorrectly.

I agree weiner has a lack of morals and no one here or elsewhere said it's not a big deal like we're seeing with Trumps lying.'s
Old 12-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:

"Put your critical thinking cap on."

Harry Reid didn't regret or apologize about saying that Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years. When he was asked about his lie, his reply was "Romney didn't win, did he?"

So put your critical thinking cap on. C'mon now. Think. Why do politicians lie? Would Hillary's lies have been a big deal to you if she had won?

Maybe you don't think her lies were all that bad. I don't think that Trump's lies are all that bad. Most of them were not actually lies. Mostly exaggerations, sarcasms, mistakes, or outright distortions of what he actually said . . . Hillary didn't win, did she?

What goes around, comes around. Always been that way.

It's very difficult to be totally honest to the American people about political reality. Probably because "political reality" has become an oxymoron.

To begin with, there must be a defined, if not an absolute, framework of government with a defined process of governing in order for there to be a semblance of a coherent political reality. The abandonment of the political framework on which this country was founded was begun long ago and has been gradually eroded ever since.

And before that framework, there must be a reason to create it and its process for governing. There must be an idea, a principle that motivates the creation of the framework. The principles of our founding have also been gradually distorted and lied about. We are at a point where most of our people don't even know what they or the framework are. There are many who believe they should be forgotten, discarded. There are many who feel we should restore them.

What is the political reality in that mix of opposing views?

If we don't have a common definition of what it means to make the government work well, what must politicians say to us in order to get elected? Must they tell us what they think most want to hear? And how do that "most" arrive at thinking what they want to hear?

Being totally honest will turn off half or more of our morally, ideologically, and politically divided people. Trump has long been in the business of understanding and persuading people. He learned how to schmooz, fib, tell white lies, and some biggies, better than Hillary. Also better than Romney or McCain.

Hillary didn't win, did she? What else do you need to know?

That's how its been done for a long, long time. As smart as Romney is, he didn't understand something as simple as that. As dumb as Harry Reid usually appears to be, he did understand that. Hillary understood it, but didn't have the personal goods, the charisma, the ability to connect with enough diverse people, to pull it off.

Is that a good thing? You and I would probably agree that it's not so good. That it should be better. That it should be much, much more honest. My solution is to connect the vast majority of us under common principles. The most basic principles which can connect diverse and even opposing beliefs. And to devise a framework of government to support that connection. And to teach and instill in all our people a jealous loyalty to those principles and the framework that supports them.

Oh . . . wait . . . we already did that.

Why I didn't consider Trump's so-called lies to be a big deal is because what's left of our original framework and principles, which would be a real glue to unite us rather than the fake mess we have now, could possibly be led to gradual restoration by appointing judges who would actually support, defend, and abide by that constitutional framework.

Then, if we can restore that original connection that the people of this country had, whatever lies the politicians think they must tell us in order to win will easily be exposed as political unreality if they contradict those principles and that framework which connect us.

Otherwise, we can continue to flounder in the unreal political morass of opposing ideologies which persuade us with lies, slander, and sleaze. And we can continue to bitch about who are the biggest liars.

Does that help answer your question?

Last edited by detbuch; 12-09-2016 at 12:18 AM..
Old 12-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:
Any of them. Do only some lies concern you?
be specific......you seem to label everything he says as a lie.....actions concern me....statements, not so much...unless it's your guy..then I'm deeply concerned.....we're told these politicians sometimes often make erroneous statements when they are tired from doing politician stuff...and Trump has been very, very busy you know....

Last edited by scottw; 12-09-2016 at 06:31 AM..
Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

don't think that Trump's lies are all that bad. Most of them were not actually lies. Mostly exaggerations, sarcasms, mistakes, or outright distortions of what he actually said . . . Hillary didn't win, did she?
Trump being Trump

can't even imagine what the State of the Union will be like
Old 12-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #60
PaulS

Quote:
be specific......you seem to label everything he says as a lie.Pls. point out where I have ever said anything remotely close to that....actions concern me....statements, not so much...unless it's your guy..then I'm deeply concerned..I don't know if that is your usual snarkiness or a double standard?...we're told these politicians sometimes often make erroneous statements when they are tired from doing politician stuff...and Trump has been very, very busy you know....
I agree they make erroneous statements (like Obama stating he visited 57 states - most people let mis-statments like that go and if they don't there are petty people. I do remember it being brought up here a few times though).

3 min. doing a search came up with the following:

Says that at a campaign rally President Barack Obama "spent so much time screaming at a protester, and frankly it was a disgrace."

"Thousands of Americans have been killed by illegal immigrants."

Says Barack Obama "is the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth

"Nearly half of African-American children under the age of 6 are living in abject poverty."

"Wikileaks also shows how John Podesta rigged the polls by oversampling Democrats, a voter suppression technique."

"14 percent of noncitizens are registered to vote

"Ford is moving all of their small-car production to Mexico."

The stories from women saying he groped or forced himself on them "largely have been debunked."