Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
MotoXcowboy

Trayvon / Media

Who knows what truly happened, but this guy is being declared guilty before being presumed innocent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Media.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	51777  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
MotoXcowboy

If Obama had a son, would he look like Matthew?

Video: Matthew Owens Beaten by Black Mob Saying ?That's Justice for Trayvon"
Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
basswipe

Only the beginning.

The media,Al (aka Jesse Jackson) Sharpton will turn this into a powder-keg with a lit fuze.

The constitution has been and will be trampled to death.Innocent until proven guilty has long been dead.Its been Guilty until proven innocent for many years,its only a matter of time until this becomes LAW.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
MotoXcowboy

100 blacks beat white couple, media bury attack
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXcowboy View Post
So a bunch of whites in the projects get beat up by 30, 100, over 9000, nobody knows black kids.

And a random facetwitterspacebook comment about Trayon.

Keep reeeeaaaaccchhhhiiiiinnnnngggggg.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
So a bunch of whites in the projects get beat up by 30, 100, over 9000, nobody knows black kids.

And a random facetwitterspacebook comment about Trayon.

Keep reeeeaaaaccchhhhiiiiinnnnngggggg.
2 is a bunch now?? And one of them is a woman?
Move along white people...nothing to see here!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Piscator

Seems to me that White on Black crimes stand out more than Black on White crimes and White on Black crimes are more likely to be classified as a Hate crime.

According to the FBI, 2010 hate crime offenders statistics: Of the 7,330 known offenders, 58.6 percent were white and 20.6 percent were black.

Is it that more crimes commited by whites against non whites actually are hate crimes or is it that they tend to be classified more as a hate crime (even if they are not)

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I think the reason its becomes a hate crime is the "Why" they did it.

If a white guy beats up a black guy because they just wanted to beat somebody up...then its not a Hate Crime....but if a Black guy beats up a White Guy BECAUSE he is white...then that gets classified as a hate crime.

at least thats my take on it....if it makes any sense

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Is it that more crimes commited by whites against non whites actually are hate crimes or is it that they tend to be classified more as a hate crime (even if they are not)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

If a white guy beats up a black guy because they just wanted to beat somebody up...then its not a Hate Crime....but if a Black guy beats up a White Guy BECAUSE he is white...then that gets classified as a hate crime.
The why may have something to do w/it (difficult to prove) but I think it also is what is said during the crime. If the word cracker or N..... is used, it prob. gets classified as a hate crime. I don't think Zimmerman was charged w/a hate crime b/c there is no proof he targeted Martin b/c of his color.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Fly Rod

Matthew Owens beaten by a group of blacks was a hate crime... no other way to look at unless U believe in political correctness... where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

Plus U have had no media attention about the hate crime commited by a black American aganist a white person this past April in Chicago and is going to trial... once again... where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton the two greatest black representatives to lead the black people to prosperity
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Redsoxticket

At least there are people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that stand for the black community. The spanish have their leaders and so on and so on.
Forget about asking where is Jackson and Sharpton for when crime is committed against white folks but where are the white local and national recognized leaders ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:

at least thats my take on it....if it makes any sense
When Israelis bomb someone, its self defense, when someone bombs Israelis its terrorism.

Same thing, right?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

From Websters...

Definition of HATE CRIME

: any of various crimes (as assault or defacement of property) when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation)

Old 05-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Where's all the black on hispanic violence?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #15
scottw

"But a more nuanced portrait of Zimmerman has emerged from a Reuters investigation into Zimmerman's past and a series of incidents in the community in the months preceding the Martin shooting."

did anyone read this?

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters
Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Matthew Owens beaten by a group of blacks was a hate crime... no other way to look at unless U believe in political correctness... where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

Plus U have had no media attention about the hate crime commited by a black American aganist a white person this past April in Chicago and is going to trial... once again... where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton the two greatest black representatives to lead the black people to prosperity
When a huge % of the hate crimes are committed against one race (that happens to be the minority) then maybe someone needs to stand up and point that out.

If it wasn't for those 2, would we be hearing about it or would an arrest have been made?

I personally haven't seen any indication that it was a hate crime though.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I personally think those 2 are a couple of Ass-Clowns myself. I think they do it more for their own gain than for the Righteous reasons they put out to the media.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
Piscator

Quote:
I personally think those 2 are a couple of Ass-Clowns myself. I think they do it more for their own gain than for the Righteous reasons they put out to the media.
I agree with you. And, call me a pessimist but if we had “White” counterparts to these two who were advocates for the white community and jumped at every occasion they would be condemned and labeled racists.

Although if Al Sharpton were white he would resemble Ron Jeremy……….

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"But a more nuanced portrait of Zimmerman has emerged from a Reuters investigation into Zimmerman's past and a series of incidents in the community in the months preceding the Martin shooting."

did anyone read this?

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters
WOW ! interesting read. I think all Zims lawyers need to do is read that out loud and he would be acquited.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #20
Piscator

What kind of a cop says "Get a dog"?

Last edited by Piscator; 05-03-2012 at 08:40 AM..

Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
I agree. I don't read or listen to what they say. I don't know why others do. The more people listen and discuss what they say, they more media coverage they get.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
zimmy

Glad it is now in the courts and the evidence can be heard. I'm not sure how the article in any way reflects his guilt in the shooting. He will almost certainly get out of a 2nd degree murder charge, though.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I'm not sure how the article in any way reflects his guilt in the shooting. .
We know he is guilty of the shooting. What they need to do is make it a crime and that Zim was not acting in self defence. The burden is on the prosecution, not Zim. The prosecution case will rely on painting Zim as a hell bent vigilante, profiling Trayvon and ignoring police. Thats all they have.
The article paints a different picture. If the defense can get the older black lady in the article and the neighbor who Zim provided a back door lock to take the stand- they will speak to Zims character and the circumstances which may refute the picture the prosectuion is trying to paint. At the very least it will bring reasonable doubt and thats all they need.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
We know he is guilty of the shooting. What they need to do is make it a crime and that Zim was not acting in self defence. The burden is on the prosecution, not Zim. The prosecution case will rely on painting Zim as a hell bent vigilante, profiling Trayvon and ignoring police. Thats all they have.
The article paints a different picture. If the defense can get the older black lady in the article and the neighbor who Zim provided a back door lock to take the stand- they will speak to Zims character and the circumstances which may refute the picture the prosectuion is trying to paint. At the very least it will bring reasonable doubt and thats all they need.
It still comes down to IF Zimmerman did follow him, when 911 told him not to and ended up in a confrontation. If he had said OK, turned around and walked away the kid is still alive today.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
At least there are people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that stand for the black community. The spanish have their leaders and so on and so on.
Forget about asking where is Jackson and Sharpton for when crime is committed against white folks but where are the white local and national recognized leaders ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

agreed!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #26
Piscator

Quote:
What they need to do is make it a crime and that Zim was not acting in self defence. The burden is on the prosecution, not Zim.
They will use the head pic as self-defense evidence as well..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zimmmerman-Head-Trayvon.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	51900  

Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I'm still trying to figure out why the "Stand Your Ground" law pertains to the guy who initiated the chain of events by chasing down and confronting the guy walking down the street after being told not to....and not to the guy that was walking down the street. You would think in that situation Martin had the right to bash Zimmerman's head in the pavement and be covered under the "Stand Your Ground" law.

Just what I think....regardless of what either one of their backgrounds are.

Kind of like a car accident on the highway...who's at fault, the guy who is just driving down the road in his lane or the guy that alterred the traffic pattern and changed lanes.

if they both stayed in their lanes and their paths never crossed....there is no accident

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #28
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
WOW ! interesting read. I think all Zims lawyers need to do is read that out loud and he would be acquited.
He's a good guy! He just has had a couple restraining orders along with calls of domestic violence, no worries!

Also make sure to put this part of the 911 call on repeat:
"These #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s," he muttered in an aside, "they always get away."

Aquit!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
He's a good guy! He just has had a couple restraining orders along with calls of domestic violence, no worries!

Also make sure to put this part of the 911 call on repeat:
"These #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s," he muttered in an aside, "they always get away."

Aquit!
The dead kid was no choir boy, either.

Not sure if that matters...

You weren't there, neither was I. It's no crime (though bad judgment) to refuse to obey a dispatcher. It's going to be a very tough case to prosecute.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #30
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The dead kid was no choir boy, either.

Not sure if that matters...

You weren't there, neither was I. It's no crime (though bad judgment) to refuse to obey a dispatcher. It's going to be a very tough case to prosecute.
The 911 call will pretty much paint him as a vigilante out to shoot someone.

Ski Quicks Hole