Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Sen Blumenthal makes the armed services committee

In the category called "you cannot make this stuff up", Senator Richard Blumenthal from CT was recently appointed to the Senate Armed Services committee.

During the campaign last November, it was revealed that on multiple occasions, Blumenthal claimed to have served in Vietnam, when in fact he had not (he was in the USMC reserves, and never went anywhere near Vietnam).

Bad enough that the brainwashed, idiotic masses in my home state elected this guy (I mean, if you would lie about THAT, what wouldn't you lie about)? But this jerk getrs appointed top the armed services committee, on which the gargantuan hero John Mccain also serves. If I was on that committee, I would start every single meeting with a declaration that Blumenthal has absolutely no business being on this committee.

Do voters literally have no standards?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
mosholu
Mosholu

That does require a bit of a double take. Do not be too hard on your fellow staters. It is not like they were given much of a choice.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosholu View Post
That does require a bit of a double take. Do not be too hard on your fellow staters. It is not like they were given much of a choice.
The choice was a woman who started a business (granted, not the most dignified business) from scratch and created an empire. That skill could come in handy these days. Compared to another career politician who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and one who personally did a great deal to get Connecticut considered one of the least business-friendly states in the nation.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
scottw

probably doesn't matter Jim, we had an opportunity to move on from one of the dumbest politicians on the planet and replaced him with one of the most deceitful in congress....and then replaced a pretty good governor with one of the other dumbest politicians on the planet...RI "hearts" bumbling trust fund thumb suckers ...go figure? anyway, we've had a number of decent and worthy options/alternatives......but it does not matter....RI has many more teats than brains ..

Last edited by scottw; 01-30-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Do voters literally have no standards?

How could voters have standards when there is none in Washington DC

We have Kerry, had Ted Kennedy and Rhode Island had Patrick Kennedy and you have Blumenthal.

Blumenthal is a disgrace to the Marine Corp.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
How could voters have standards when there is none in Washington DC

We have Kerry, had Ted Kennedy and Rhode Island had Patrick Kennedy and you have Blumenthal.

Blumenthal is a disgrace to the Marine Corp.
yes, but don't blame democrats for electing wretched slime balls...it's the repubs fault for not putting up better candidates...I love that...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
The choice was a woman who started a business (granted, not the most dignified business) from scratch and created an empire.
You mean the empire that Ted Turner clowned?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
probably doesn't matter Jim, we had an opportunity to move on from one of the dumbest politicians on the planet and replaced him with one of the most deceitful in congress....and then replaced a pretty good governor with one of the other dumbest politicians on the planet...RI "hearts" bumbling trust fund thumb suckers ...go figure? anyway, we've had a number of decent and worthy options/alternatives......but it does not matter....RI has many more teats than brains ..
I didn't know you were in RI. Pretty abysmal, ain't it?

We didn't even get people that can slow the oncoming train wreck. Maybe the only good news is that the crash will be so spectacular, nobody will be able to say they missed it.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
You mean the empire that Ted Turner clowned?
Don't know what you mean.

I do know that Blumenthal was born rich, and is a career politician who sees politics as a way to achieve prestige for himself. In my opinion, we've had enough of those. I'd rather see regular folks who know how the world works, folks who run for office to serve others, not as a way to serve themselves.

I also know that Blumenthal lied about serving in Vietnam, which is unforgivable.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Don't know what you mean.
TT created the WCW and destroyed the "WWE"s ratings in the first year. Basically he proved what it was, a joke.

Quote:
I do know that Blumenthal was born rich
You have a pattern of hating rich people.
Why do you hate rich people?

Quote:
and is a career politician who sees politics as a way to achieve prestige for himself.
And the McMahons are corporate whores, not really much difference. Both want to convince you what they think is best, is really best.

Quote:
I'd rather see regular folks who know how the world works, folks who run for office to serve others, not as a way to serve themselves.
And the McMahon's which live in a fantasy world of entertainment "know better"?

Man, you are naive.

Good luck with that!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I didn't know you were in RI. Pretty abysmal, ain't it?

We didn't even get people that can slow the oncoming train wreck. Maybe the only good news is that the crash will be so spectacular, nobody will be able to say they missed it.
yes, AI....I keep asking......here and elsewhere......what exactly is going to prevent the crash
Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
PaulS

Blumenthal was a far, far better candidate than Linda. She ducked questions and blew the question asking what was the min. hourly wage. Her platform was to only bring up Blumenthal's statement. Blumenthal had a long history of helping vets out (I know he served). He made that statement 2 times and they had tape of him many other times saying he didn't serve in Vietnam. That statement rightfully cost him votes. Rob Simmons would have been a much better candidate and I think he was a CIA agent. SImmons criticizing him for the statement would have been much stronger and maybe put him over the top. Once Linda beat Simmons, it gave the election to Blumenthal.

Didn't Linda and Vince get the business from their dad? They declared bankruptcy at one point. I'm glad they're in Ct. with those good jobs.