Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Charlie Daniels Band

For the people who think he plays %$%$%$%$ kickin music check this out. Move over Allman Bros. Seen him several times and they can wail with the best of the southern bands.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

another

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

one more classic. Keyboardist is from Worcester

Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

bump. Listening to these guys last nite at work. Spend 10 min. and listen to that first tune. Shows just how talented they are. Southern rock at it's best.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

another classic

Old 05-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
tautog

I saw them at the old Warwick Music Tent in the early 80's. 1st class show.
Here's a little different tune from CDB in 2005 showcasing some of their talent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPI I cut my deck to the Queen of Spades, but the cards were all the same
tautog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

seen them 4 times and you are right an excellent show every time. They are great musicians. I kind of feel they got overlooked sometimes for their country type popular tunes that got airplay. Most of their good stuff was never played much on radio. I luv bands with 2 drummer too as a lot of the southern rock bands had.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
Notfishinenuf

One of my all time favorites. I have seen him many times but my favorite was at the ocean state back in the 70's, they were the opening act for lynard skynard! What a show.
Notfishinenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #9
mosholu
Mosholu

I always held back from his music because it had that gimmick aspect in the lyrics with some of the songs. That being said I must think he would be a great guy to sit down with for a night of stories. He played with Dylan, Leonard Cohen and was part of the southern rock movement.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

If you listen to just the first 3 tunes I posted you will see they were as good as any southern band of the time and had the chops to hang with any of the heavyweights of that time. 1st,2nd and the 3rd tunes are very Allman Brotherish and the 2 drummers help along with the great keyboards. I do agree he had a gimmicky style to a lot of his commercialized tunes but not those 3 and there are quite a few more that are just great tunes. I am not a real big fan of the later part of his career but I am sure he was trying to make a buck so he had to have some tunes to appeal to the masses. He is a great live show and his band of back then was awesome.

Last edited by ProfessorM; 11-10-2009 at 09:29 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Slammer223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
For the people who think he plays %$%$%$%$ kickin music check this out. Move over Allman Bros. Seen him several times and they can wail with the best of the southern bands.

Oh Man,this brings back such great memories.My friend Dennis played this Volunteer Jam record for me and I went nuts.I love Taz Degregorio's keyboards.Thank God for Tennessee!!One of the best songs ever is TRUDY by the CDB.
Slammer223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

You got that right. "Called up Trudy on the telephone" great tune. I also really like the whole Nightrider album. Real great stuff. I will be listening to him tonite at work.