Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
buckman

Kennedy's "last wish"

I'm tired of the BS in this state. We all know the "last wish" as they like to call it. My questions to you.

A) do you approve of what they will do, change the law so Duval can appoint someone after changing it so Romney couldn't?

B) Believe for even one second that that person will not seek election after serving?

I say, Duval should appoint Romney. You know, just to be fair. That's what Teddy would want. Fairness to all.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
scottw

you guys should make that seat a permanent Kennedy family entitlement, the Kennedys already think that it is their's to do with what they please anyway...and then PLEASE!!!...take the remaining moron that is my representative and stick him in that seat for the next 47 years, get him out of RI.........he can carry on the tradition for a while and he does not appear likely to procreate...
Old 08-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
A) do you approve of what they will do, change the law so Duval can appoint someone after changing it so Romney couldn't?

B) Believe for even one second that that person will not seek election after serving?
It's my understanding that even if Duval did appoint someone, they would be prohibited from running in the special election.

That being said, if there is a health care vote in the Senate this year...that extra vote could be very desirable.

-spence
Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's my understanding that even if Duval did appoint someone, they would be prohibited from running in the special election.

That being said, if there is a health care vote in the Senate this year...that extra vote could be very desirable.

-spence
Who is Duval? Robert? Shelly?

If our Governer (Deval Patrick) did appoint someone, there is no provision that can prevent a person from running for election, or in this case re-election. Just because Ted wanted it that way and put it in his letter doesn't mean it's law. In fact the law says that the person can run if they want.

When Patrick was asked about the hypocrisy of the Dems blocking Romney from appointing someone in 2004 and now wanting to change the law so they can do the same thing, his answer was "I wasn't in office then". No sh!t genius. You couldn't have been in office because Romney was. What an idiot.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Who is Duval? Robert? Shelly?
Hey, I'm from RI so jam it.

That's what I had heard.

-spence
Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
Hey, I'm from RI so jam it.

-spence
I wouldn't be bragging about that.

You guys got the Kennedy family reject.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 08-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
spence

Yep, he lives across the water...what a looser.

-spence
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
Fly Rod

Kennedy's last wish was to screw up the TV programing for the day.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Raven

was...........................

to have Jack Daniels used in place of embalming fluid.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Deval will appoint Deval if the law is changed.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:

-spence
I'm fairly certain that such a provision would be struck down if it was ever challenged in court.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.