Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Fly Rod

Ground Zero Mosque, AKA Park 51

The ground zero mosque, called Park 51, has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds from the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation. The Corporation, set up to rebuild lower Manhattan after 9-11 is actively considering the grant request. Imagine! A federal entity set up to rebuild lower Manhattan giving tax money to a mosque designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!
The ground zero mosque will offer courses in Shariah Law and will doubtless spawn hundreds of new terrorists eager to pick up where the 9-11 hijackers left off.
Officially, the federal funds would not go to religious activities, but to “fund social service programs for all the residents of Lower Manhattan such as domestic violence prevention, Arabic and other foreign language classes, programs and services for homeless veterans, two multi-cultural art exhibits and immigration services,” according to its grant application.

What ever happened to separation of church & state?

FEDERAL FUNDS FOR GROUND ZERO MOSQUE??? #^&#^&#^&#^& MORRIS TV: LUNCH ALERT! at #^&#^&#^&#^&Morris.com
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
A federal entity set up to rebuild lower Manhattan giving tax money to a mosque designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!
I'm sorry I have to ask this, but if you believe what you're posting, are you high or just #^&#^&#^&#^&ing dumb?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
I'm sorry I have to ask this, but if you believe what you're posting, are you high or just #^&#^&#^&#^&ing dumb?
Open your eyes.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Open your eyes.
You need to cease the xenophobic cranium anal insertion syndrome and stop listening to retards that prey on people like you to listen to their BS.

You'd fit right in in Western PA. Plenty of land for sale. Enjoy.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
buckman

Quote:
You need to cease the xenophobic cranium anal insertion syndrome and stop listening to retards that prey on people like you to listen to their BS.

You'd fit right in in Western PA. Plenty of land for sale. Enjoy.
Your head would freaking explode if Federal funds were being used to build a Catholic church. STFU
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #6
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Your head would freaking explode if Federal funds were being used to build a Catholic church. STFU

In January 2001, President Bush created, via Executive Order, the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Since then, Centers for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives were established at five federal agencies, assistance and guidebooks were provided to religious groups to help them to apply for federal funds, and websites were created for speedy access to applications.

DERP DERP PFFFTTHTUYTHT DERP

Billion dollars+ goes from the gov to religion per year.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #7
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Your head would freaking explode
i hate when that happens............
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
spence

I thought ignorance was bliss?

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I thought ignorance was bliss?

-spence
speaking of ignorant bliss....aren't you going to chastise Lickwid for the constant use of "retard"?...didn't you have to check with your wife a while back who "works with the handicapped" to see if she and the handicapped community took offense when I baited you with "terd" and you couldn't wait to jump ugly?.....I guess with racism, offensive language, name calling and such...it's just fine as long as you are on the "right" side of the argument...I think there's a word for that but we'll just call it selective hearing
Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
speaking of ignorant bliss....aren't you going to chastise Lickwid for the constant use of "retard"?...didn't you have to check with your wife a while back who "works with the handicapped" to see if she and the handicapped community took offense when I baited you with "terd" and you couldn't wait to jump ugly?.....I guess with racism, offensive language, name calling and such...it's just fine as long as you are on the "right" side of the argument...I think there's a word for that but we'll just call it selective hearing
For instance...It's alright to trash Christians but don't you dare say anything bad about Islam.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
I didn't even read his entire post...don't have time like that very often any more.

Lik, don't call people tards. It makes you sound like ScottW and is very unappealing.

Additionally, in regard to all of these comments about federal funding and religion...don't we already give tax exempt status to churches?

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:
I didn't even read his entire post...don't have time like that very often any more. selective comprehension too
Lik, don't call people tards. It makes you sound like ScottW and is very unappealing. please...noone rolls out the insults quicker than you do ya phony prick

Additionally, in regard to all of these comments about federal funding and religion...don't we already give tax exempt status to churches?

-spence
what does tax exempt status have to do with seeking federal funding and whether or not it should be used for the construction of a mosque at ground zero?

wait....think like a liberal.....churches recieve tax exempt status sooooo...thaaaat is money that the government is not getting which is actually a budget cut for the government so the churches are actually...through their tax exempt status ...getting money from the government?????
Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
what does tax exempt status have to do with seeking federal funding and whether or not it should be used for the construction of a mosque at ground zero?

wait....think like a liberal.....churches recieve tax exempt status sooooo...thaaaat is money that the government is not getting which is actually a budget cut for the government so the churches are actually...through their tax exempt status ...getting money from the government?????
We're running a deficit, all tax cuts must be funded somehow.

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

It also said Applied, right?
As in, not awarded, right?

I can apply for a grant to study rectal-cranium inversion of internet forum contribuitors, but it doesn't mean I will get the money....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

What ever happened to the Seperation of Church and State? I think that little axiom covers it.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

That's how it all starts, from "It takes a Village" to a
"Federal Family" then to the end game becoming a World Family
run by a world government.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
PaulS

Does anyone know how the mosque was "designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!"?????

As an aside, my good friend was notified on the day they got Osama that her brother's remains were identified. There actually was quite a lot of them.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Does anyone know how the mosque was "designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!"?????
They were wearing tin foil.

What the above opposition wants them to build:

What they're actually planning on building:

The resemblance is uncanny.

Last edited by likwid; 09-02-2011 at 10:45 AM..

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
buckman

Quote:

WTF is that??? What's with all the sniper holes?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

Ya, the 5 story apartment building with the fire escapes goes very well with that look, fits right in

I wonder why they did not just rebuild the one a few blocks away?

I'll go back to the fishing related forums now and leave you guys to insult each other
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Dude, it's a mosque.

-spence
Old 09-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
spence

Perhaps you should watch this. I'd note there was a very similar interview with both these women and Laura Ingraham on FOXNews...it's the interview that started the entire controversy, where Ingraham actually supports the mosque...but as I was trying to find it astonishingly every reference to the video has been cut off due to copyright violations?

I can get a lot of other FOX videos on Youtube...weird huh?

For those to lazy to click play (Buckman) I'd note the video shows a Muslim and Jew sitting side by side, talking about the Islamic community center they both helped plan.

And Justplugit, I thought you were going to stop talking about this story???
-spence
Old 09-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #23
scottw

spence
You guys do understand the center was planned with help from the New York Jewish Community Center don't you?

Maybe you should do a little more research.

that might be the least journalistically biased interview I've ever witnessed....

This is not ‘NY JCC’, this is Joy Levitt, Executive Drector of the Jewish Community Center of the Upper West Side of Manhattan. JCCs are secular organizations, and Ms. Levitt is only incidentally a (fake) ‘rabbi’.

good to get advice on strollers and things....maybe LGBT issues as well..

you should do a little research on Joy's JCC
Old 09-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #24
likwid
lobster = striper bait

There was already a mosque 4 blocks up from WTC pre-9/11 (closed recently due to the new one in planning)

Goddamn reality getting in the way of misinformed outrage!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
There was already a mosque 4 blocks up from WTC pre-9/11 (closed recently due to the new one in planning)

you locate a calculator yet?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #26
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
you locate a calculator yet?
You locate a brain yet?

And really? Fake Rabbi? Would you like to share with the group what a "fake rabbi" is? Is her gefilte fish not kosher? Are you butthurt spence was right?

Maybe Jim in CT isn't paying attention to you? Must be time for your burping.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
You locate a brain yet?

And really? Fake Rabbi? Would you like to share with the group what a "fake rabbi" is? Is her gefilte fish not kosher? Are you butthurt spence was right?

Maybe Jim in CT isn't paying attention to you? Must be time for your burping.
ohhhhh.....nasty...nasty
Old 09-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:

they are open for business...

this is the disclaimer on their website

Masjid Manhattan

DISCLAIMER:
Please be advised that we are not affiliated with any other organization trying to build a place of worship in the area of downtown Manhattan.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #29
Fly Rod

Quote:
Perhaps you should watch this. I'd note there was a very similar interview with both these women and Laura Ingraham on FOXNews...it's the interview that started the entire controversy, where Ingraham actually supports the mosque...but as I was trying to find it astonishingly every reference to the video has been cut off due to copyright violations?

I can get a lot of other FOX videos on Youtube...weird huh?

For those to lazy to click play (Buckman) I'd note the video shows a Muslim and Jew sitting side by side, talking about the Islamic community center they both helped plan.

And Justplugit, I thought you were going to stop talking about this story???
-spence
Do you and Lewdwid believe everything you read, see and listen to on youtube? Could be imposters.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #30
spence

Quote:
Do you and Lewdwid believe everything you read, see and listen to on youtube? Could be imposters.
Hell, she's probably not even Jewish, and that other woman couldn't be Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf's wife...she's not even wearing a burka

I wonder what else ScottW will fabricate in this thread? I mean racism is bad enough, but lies to justify your racism?

Yikes.

-spence