Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

Stranded at Work

Car's in the shop, and my ride left at 1230. You'd think with all the a$$wiping I do around here, I could get a ride home from my boss. His wife didn't have a car for 6 MONTHS, and I drove her around to where she needed to go every weekday. I've been on 4-hour drives to Maine at 3 in the morning to get material for our jobs. And what do I hear? "I have to drive all the way to Worcester from the job, all the way back to your house, and all the way back to Worcester? That's really going to cut into my beach time tonite." It's seriously maybe an extra 40 minutes for him. He should be carting me around AND paying for my car repairs! And I have to drive all the way to West Roxbury tomorrow to sit around in the heat and play supervisor. I am SO leaving early to go fishing.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
NaCl H2O

Ain't nothin' cuter than an angry woman (said is his best Wyomin' accent)
NaCl H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

Home -- finally. My car drives so tight now -- new front tire, two new front tie rods, and a front end alignment, not to mention an oil change. It's just what the Moustache Ride needed. Although not much can be said for the botched paint job -- the SECOND botched paint job. I don't really want to go back again. Is there any recourse for cruddy workmanship besides going back multiple times to have them fix and re-fix your problem? I don't want a bad relationship with the garage, because for the most part, I love them. The mechanic is wonderful. The body guy...eh, not so much. Any suggestions (besides wearing a low-cut shirt) for when I go back to complain about the bare spot and scratches in my new paint?

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote