Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-05-2005, 01:03 AM   #1
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

Hat/Headlight Head

My hats and headlights are seriously wearing thru my face at this point, they're on so much. Does this happen to anyone else? And how do I salvage my forehead? I hope I don't need to buy a new one. That could be tricky.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
BrianS
Canal Junkie

Send a message via AIM to BrianS
i wear my har backwards and my my headlight along the botttom of it...

If you wear it really tight, i guess it doesnt help.. but I barely notice it that way.

aim: SaltedBrian
BrianS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

I wear my headlamp around my neck, they look at me funny when I go to breakfast or for coffee after fishing when I forget to take it off.
It never falls off.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:20 AM   #4
Squid kids Dad

I use the ones that hook on the bill of the hat...They are lightweight..I like them..

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #5
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Go to Joe Lyons' site and order a Princeton Tec 40 light. Get about 3 feet of surgical tubing and make a lanyard from it, and tape that to your flashlight with electrical tape. The Tec 40 is flat sided and you can hold it easily in your teeth, and then only when you need a light, instead of having a headlamp weighing you down. Best $17.99 you'll ever spend on a light. I love mine. Best light I've ever used
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:06 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Mine's a Princeton too. And if it's around your neck it's just a quick push to turn it on and you don't have to figure out where to put your cigar.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

I don't know. Us old guys always wore our light around our neck. That way you can see in front of you for walking, changing plugs. etc. BTW, I have used a walMart dive light for about 10 years. $8, waterproof, 4 AA batteries and plenty of light. I know the big thing now is red lights but we never have had a problem with a regular light. Of course, you shouldn't ever, ever shine your light on the water. Turn around when you change plugs or eels etc.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I've used headlamps around my neck, too. I usually find a way to hold them in my teeth anyway, since I don't like how the light jumps around when they dangle from the elastic, especially after it stretches over time

I gave up cigars
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 AM   #9
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

I've mastered the art of smoking and fishing. Too bad, since I quit Friday. Thanks for the help -- I'm going neck-style from now on.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Babe
I've mastered the art of smoking and fishing. Too bad, since I quit Friday. Thanks for the help -- I'm going neck-style from now on.
why would you need a light if ya quit fishin, actually best of luck on quitting smoking.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-06-2005, 08:21 AM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I go both ways;
I have a pelican mini red light around my neck a la what Mike P said, I like this for stealthy opps and or changing plugs etc..

For rougher walks (which we have been doing lately) I am back in the habit of carrying a headlamp, hat on backwards with the light for walking... once I'm on my rock I put it around my neck and fish

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:44 AM   #12
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Petzl Tikka.

Comfy.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote