Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Sudsy
On the Hook

Brutha, Can you spare a plug for the kids??

(I cleared this with the Moderators before posting )

As many of you know, each year Digger has organized an annual plug auction to help raise some much needed cash to buy big slobby trout for NJ's kids to catch on opening day of trout season in Spring Lake NJ. The Shark River Surf Anglers has sponsored this outstanding event for many years and it now has a life of its very own. Folks bring their kids from all over the state to get a shot at the biggest trout they have ever seen and to enjoy the day. Hundreds and hundreds of kids beaming and grinning from ear to ear is the order of the day! The kids and their parents get free hot dogs, drinks and snacks all day as well as bait, tackle if needed and hands on instruction from volunteer club members. This is a huge help to single moms and to kids whose dads don't know how to fish.

This year the club asked me to do the begging so here I am with hat in hand requesting your generosity and asking for a donation of your outstanding plug building skills that we can auction off to help with the expenses of putting on the event. Big trout are expensive and the plug auction has proven to help tremendously in past years.

Digger will be doing the actual auctioning (he’s the only one of us that knows how) so…………
If you would like to donate a plug to the on-line auction, please send it to Digger at:

Patrick DiGangi
33 Bittner Rd
Millstone Twp, NJ 08535

You plug builders have always shown your generosity for a good cause and I can't thank you enough for your help.

We still have a couple of plugs left over from last year (including a MAGNIFICENT Loki Sea Slider in foil herring) Those will be the first plugs that will go on the block this year.
If you didn’t see your plug on the auction, you’ll be seeing it there soon.

Stop in to the Shark River Surf Anglers (no spaces) website and check out the trout tournament pictures in the gallery section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tt8nu.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	44884

Name:	tt721.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	44885

Name:	ttscene-14.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	44886

"I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries,
and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am"..... Crash Davis
Sudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Sudsy is there a deadline? I can send a couple I have on hand or I can make something special??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Sudsy
On the Hook

They start going on the block during the 2nd week of March and it goes on for about 10 to 14 days.
Anything that comes in after that will be the first up come next year.

So it's up to you what you want to do and how fast you want to do it, no pressure at all

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am"..... Crash Davis
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Sudsy
On the Hook

And the fish in the first photo is the state record Tiger Trout (broke the old record by 2 lbs) which we stocked thanks to your generosity.