Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Fishing Charters and Guides » Bill -n- Juls Guide Service

Bill -n- Juls Guide Service From Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, Instructional Shore Fishing Guide Service

Old 09-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Talking Unbelievable couple of days!!!

Hi All,
Can you say ripped some lips!!! Well the trip on Wed had a slow start to it, as the bait has just been run over and over by boats because people are not sure what to look for or are just plain clueless. All I can say is the slower you go when looking for bait the better and if you want to find it, watch the water not what the other guy is doing and you will find it.

As the day went on we finally got a load of bait and we caught 3 bass and one bluefish mixed in with the bait. We then headed out to hit a spot that has been producing well on most days but lately the fish had lock jaw, well they did again this day. So we decided to move off and try some different water as the fish are stacked in this area but it has been very frustrating. Our moved proved to be the best decision of the day as from the time we got there till the time we left we managed another dozen Stripers all ranging from smaller 20 lb class to the largest fish around 33lbs. It was an unbeleivable site watching the bass crush the pogies and throw them in the air and beat them up only to inhale them and run.

With the bad weather that was forcast for the weekend we decided to get out there again on Thursday as we knew friday and Sat at least were gonna be gone. The day started out perfect, we got our bait right away and headed out to fish. We got to the spot just as the tide was turning and for the next 4 1/2 hours it was pogie anniolation!!! These pogies did not even want to go behind the boat the just kept trying to get back to it to go back in the live well. We caught 29 bass, 3 fish were under 20 lbs and one of the last fish was the smallest of the day at around 31 inches but the rest were 20+lbs to 34 lbs and it was an awesome day. I have put the new pictures up on the site as well as a few video clips of bass beaten up some pogies so check them out.

I am hoping that this blow this weekend will get the fish into high gear as they still act like it is summer in some areas of the harbor. Now is the time for that fish of a lifetime as they are around so don't be puttin that boat away just yet!!!!!

We still have opening for shared trip dates and private trips so call for dates and time or check the previous post for next weeks available spots. I will update and add more dates in a day or too.

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Squid kids Dad

Awesome report Jules

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Thanks Mikie, it was an awesome day!!! Life is good!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote