Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
sportsman

Beware of #^&#^&#^&#^&'s sporting goods

My Dad bought some 12ga shells for duck hunting, when he got home he noticed he had bought 3 1/2" shells insted of 3" shells. So he drives back there today to exchange them for the right ones.

They will not take them back or exchange them for the right size. The manager (some pimple faced kid all of 19 years old) said it's the store policy to not take returns or exchanges on guns or ammo. But this is not told to customers untill they try to do it, nor are there any signs stating this.
Now it's not the money but the princable of it, my dad just misread the box, they were never opened and are in new condition. So my advice is beware of #^&#^&#^&#^&'s Sporting goods!

On another note,
Does any one have a need for (2 boxes)12ga steel#2 Winchester drylock in 3-1/2" I'm willing to swap or sell

Thanks for letting me vent

Sportsman
sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
PJT

Where are you located? I could use the 3.5 shells. I'll have to see if I have what you need as trade though. I assume you're looking for steel in 3" #2 shot.

Actually the no return on ammo goes for everywhere. You may get a gun store to exchange it if you bought it there (*depends on their mood) but as far as guns and ammo, once it leaves the store, that's it.

Last edited by PJT; 10-19-2007 at 09:04 AM..
PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
sportsman

I'm in Hudson NH but I drive all over, The ammo is in Bedford MA. Your guess is right I need the same thing in 3", where are you located (work or home)?
sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
PJT

Live in Sterling and work in Framingham. I'll check tonite to see if I have what you need. I believe I do have at least 1 box of 3" #2. If not, they will be #4 shot. I will let you know either way though.
PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

most retailers and gun stores will not accept ammo for return or exchange if it leaves the store.

this is due to liability concerns.

fishpoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote