Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #31
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Noone leaves there ball overnight. That's a good way to loose it.
If you see an empty ball it's because they're either off on a fish, looking for bait, or just scouting around.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #32
Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishingfreak View Post
Noone leaves there ball overnight. That's a good way to loose it.
If you see an empty ball it's because they're either off on a fish, looking for bait, or just scouting around.
Even then you tend to lose them.

There was a small bite on the SWC this year. I would get out super early. Drop my ball, then steam in to the flats and get my bait. I'd come out and have 4 friends anchored real close.

-Andrew
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #33
sokinwet

I agree Mike; a good way to lose it.... but I've seen it more than once. Maybe these guys were scouting or looking for bait....all day for two days in a row.
sokinwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #34
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
I think the show showcases how absurdly dumb these guys are. Frankly I think it gives an overall poor image to the public. The intra-boat BS that is displayed on that show is not like that in real life(and most fisherman would not put up with that crap ) and makes them (comm tuna fisherman) look like a rather dim-witted group. I don't watch it anymore. Sportfish guys are a much more intelligent as a group.
Dumb??

R U sitting back with your Iphone and listening to it going "Ching Ching" into a money account???...bet U R not.

Anybody give U a free new engine???...bet not.

Anybody come up from Florida give U a free "diamond paint job???..bet not.

Anybody give U new tuna rods & reels???? ..bet not.

U an airline pilot and take the summer off to go tuna fishing???...bet not.

I can agree how asinine the program is as all reality shows...People in the mid west states eat this crap up.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #35
Fly Rod

I forgot one:

Anyone offering U $3,000.00 for a 12 hundred dollar fishing trip???...bet not....
Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #36
Mr. Sandman

LOL! These guys barely have a pot to piss in and complain about breaking even, taking spare jobs, doing something else, etc. In the big picture, what they get is chump change and it only last for a few months at best.

Tuna fishing is not competitive. At least I have never seen it as such. Do I want to catch a big fish? sure...do I care if your fish is bigger than mine? You have got to be kidding, frankly I would be happy for you!
The "lets see what I can do to this guy to piss this guy #^&#^&#^&#^& aspect of the show is absurd and is what make them look dumb. Bunch of goons with fishing rods. It is basically New England's version of those hillbilly's who catch catfish with their hands.

I don't watch it more than a few min /month anyway anymore so I don't really care. I would bet it gets canceled soon. Midwest interest? They are more interested in bass and walleye fishing.

I would much rather watch Jose' W fish for tuna on spin in Terry Nugent's CC. It is a lot more reality to me.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #37
MakoMike

The show isn't aimed at fishermen, if it was it would be on ESPN 2 and would only last one season. Its the non-fishermen that eat all that crap up, and most of that stuff is scripted, not spontaneous.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #38
Rob Rockcrawler

I met Pirate yesterday, he was at an ice fishing tourney on my lake. I kept hearing "Pirate flag up". All decked out in his grundens and xtra tuffs.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #39
buckmanjr

Quote:
LOL! These guys barely have a pot to piss in and complain about breaking even, taking spare jobs, doing something else, etc. In the big picture, what they get is chump change and it only last for a few months at best.

Tuna fishing is not competitive. At least I have never seen it as such. Do I want to catch a big fish? sure...do I care if your fish is bigger than mine? You have got to be kidding, frankly I would be happy for you!
The "lets see what I can do to this guy to piss this guy #^&#^&#^&#^& aspect of the show is absurd and is what make them look dumb. Bunch of goons with fishing rods. It is basically New England's version of those hillbilly's who catch catfish with their hands.

I don't watch it more than a few min /month anyway anymore so I don't really care. I would bet it gets canceled soon. Midwest interest? They are more interested in bass and walleye fishing.

I would much rather watch Jose' W fish for tuna on spin in Terry Nugent's CC. It is a lot more reality to me.

Your kidding...right. These guys are doing pretty good, not because of the show, but because the only one that actually only fishes for a living is Dave Marciano. You got to realize its a scripted show...its like a movie. None of the #^&#^&#^&#^& is real besides when they show them sticking one and what not. You think when tyler pulls up to dave and they act like they have never met on the first episode thats real?

HOTREELS
buckmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #40
JohnnySaxatilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
I met Pirate yesterday, he was at an ice fishing tourney on my lake. I kept hearing "Pirate flag up". All decked out in his grundens and xtra tuffs.
He's actually a member at the Yarmouth town golf courses, saw him a few times at Bass River G.C. this year. Rockin jeans, a bandana and a windbreaker...

something clever and related to fishing
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #41
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanjr View Post
Your kidding...right. These guys are doing pretty good, not because of the show, but because the only one that actually only fishes for a living is Dave Marciano. You got to realize its a scripted show...its like a movie. None of the #^&#^&#^&#^& is real besides when they show them sticking one and what not. You think when tyler pulls up to dave and they act like they have never met on the first episode thats real?
At least U know what is going on...think Mr Sandman is jealous...the show is all scripted except where Tyler was shoved...that was real and happened at the tinny tuna tournament held here in Gloucester...I think in the next two weeks there is a boat show in NJ...one of the characters will be making 2,000 for a four hour signing endorsement...some do not get paid much for each episode...and Mr Sandman should know people before degrading them ..one is a commercial airline pilot others have their own business....
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #42
Mr. Sandman

Hardly jealous. The last thing I would want to do is emulate any of them. I am just judging them by their behavior on the few shows I have seen. I think they degrade themselves.
In some regard you right though, I should not call them names, for that I apologize. I don't know any of them and really don't watch the show very much except in passing but find their behavior degrades all other fisherman. (scripted or not)

Nearly all of them are constantly complaining about money and implying the other guy is always taking "his" share... and are trying to teach the other guy a lesson of some sort by getting some sort of at-sea revenge. It is a ridiculous waste of time and not entertaining. I saw a Tee shirt this summer that would be appropriate for them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shutup.jpg (29.2 KB, 11 views)
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #43
buckmanjr

Quote:
Sportfish guys are a much more intelligent as a group.

HOTREELS
buckmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #44
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
You guys should watch what you say about these guys !
They might not like it and give you a call threatening sending some mafia goon relatives to see you !
Don't ask me how I know

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #45
iamskippy

I no longer watch this show...... and please let em find me, expecially that misserable old man, his princess first mate.
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #46
djlesco

Skippy.... i agree... dude needs to sell his s%&* and retire
djlesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #47
MakoMike

Pretty funny last night. Ralph gets banned for life from cape Ann Marina.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #48
djlesco

Yup.... another that needs to retire
djlesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
Raider Ronnie

I wonder if some ambulance chasing lawyers were on the phone 1st thing this am with the kid from Pinwheel trying
to get a lawsuit going !
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #50
iamskippy

Didnt even waste my time watching that crap, its a bs scripted soap..... the ruined something that truly could have been an awesome show.
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #51
tysdad115

If it weren't for the drama it wouldn't be on at all.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #52
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Its a show looking for ratings and ratings only. 4/5 of the show is scripted /and or acting. Just look how poorly the editing is done. Enough said.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #53
Raven

i don't record it
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
Slick Moedee

I spoke to some on the show. The level of editing is epic and 9/10 scripted. Almost as real as any other gun, pawn, swamp, housewife, driller, digger show that is on..........
Slick Moedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #55
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Moedee View Post
housewife driller
Now thats a show I would watch

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #56
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Tyler's dad has a large moving company in Nashua, that no doubt had a hand in financing that boat of his. He can crow all he wants about how he's paid for it. He wouldn't have gotten the loan if he weren't in the lucky gene club. The boy would be well served to learn some humility and appreciation for life's circumstances. Commercial fishermen have their own form of prairie justice... That said, he's put his time in over the years on others' charter boats. Think he would have learned something about ethics from them. Yes, he's a kid, but he doesn't have to act like a stupid kid.
Marciano is on over the other site. He's one of us.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #57
Raider Ronnie

I guy up north I know knows him and the rest of them very well.
According to him there was no loan involved, the father is loaded and told him to go buy any boat he wanted, not sure why he chose a 35 Donnell, I would have chosen a mid 40 ft Wes Mac !
As for him the way he appears on the show don't believe any of it.
He puts a LOT of fish in the truck also !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Tyler's dad has a large moving company in Nashua, that no doubt had a hand in financing that boat of his. He can crow all he wants about how he's paid for it. He wouldn't have gotten the loan if he weren't in the lucky gene club. The boy would be well served to learn some humility and appreciation for life's circumstances. Commercial fishermen have their own form of prairie justice... That said, he's put his time in over the years on others' charter boats. Think he would have learned something about ethics from them. Yes, he's a kid, but he doesn't have to act like a stupid kid.
Marciano is on over the other site. He's one of us.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #58
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I trust Ronnie, so good to know the details better than I did. Never doubted his time or his catch by the way..... But just knew his dad was involved as opposed to Tyler paying for it.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #59
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Video Landing Page - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston
Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #60
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

I know we all love to scrutinize the hell out of these shows, but I still think it's pretty cool that a show like this is based in our backyard..

What I really want to know is if they get paid for being on the show or how it really works...
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote