Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-25-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
wdmso

Shut down ends

About time ... now well see who were the winners and who were the losers

the deal sounds like the original deal

but had to throw this in ....

If we don't get a fair deal from Congress the government will either shut down on February 15 again.

"Or I will use the powers afforded to me under the laws and the constitution of the United States to address this emergency."
Old 01-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
spence

Losers are the American people especially government workers, the GOP and the President. It's amazing the master negotiator ended up getting nothing but plummeting poll numbers.

Trump either has to go with a bi-partisan plan or declare an emergency which he'll likely lose in court. Any way you slice it this isn't what winning looks like.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Losers are the American people especially government workers, the GOP and the President. It's amazing the master negotiator ended up getting nothing but plummeting poll numbers.

Trump either has to go with a bi-partisan plan or declare an emergency which he'll likely lose in court. Any way you slice it this isn't what winning looks like.
He's gonna get pummeled on this issue, without question.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Cool Beans

Quote:

Yep, just like last time "furloughed" for 18 days... can't go to work... but wait... once they approved the damn budget.. we got paid for those furlough days, just as if we were working... ended up actually being nearly 3 paid weeks off.

So ya you're right Trump is Satan and Hitler rolled into one....
Old 01-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Yep, just like last time "furloughed" for 18 days... can't go to work... but wait... once they approved the damn budget.. we got paid for those furlough days, just as if we were working... ended up actually being nearly 3 paid weeks off.

was that the shutdown during obama’s presidency? federal workers missed a paycheck? there sure wasn’t anywhere near this
much concern.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
spence

Quote:

Perhaps if you were a janitor or TSA employee you’d think differently. I remember living paycheck to paycheck at one time.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps if you were a janitor or TSA employee you’d think differently. I remember living paycheck to paycheck at one time.
but where was the media uproar last time? i agree shutdowns hurt innocent people, i’m just not sure that people
furloughed by trump are more victimized than people
furloughed under obama, but the media coverage, like in every other issue, reflects an agenda.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #8
Cool Beans

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but where was the media uproar last time? i agree shutdowns hurt innocent people, i’m just not sure that people
furloughed by trump are more victimized than people
furloughed under obama, but the media coverage, like in every other issue, reflects an agenda.
There was one but the climate is different now. Trump is going to hype everything and the entire system is going to respond in kind.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:00 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
There was one but the climate is different now. Trump is going to hype everything and the entire system is going to respond in kind.
“the climate is different now”.

oh, i agree. in this climate an adult can get in the face of a child, and claim to be the victim, and the child gets death threats for standing still in the face of the jerk adult, and you can’t say that anything wrong has happened.

the climate has been different since bush. bush was hitler. McCain was a senile old racist. Romney objectifies women by keeping their resumes in a binder.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #11
wdmso

Seems once again people are confused why we had this shut down and obama shut down ill give them a hint it was driven by republicans
Old 01-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
oh, i agree. in this climate an adult can get in the face of a child, and claim to be the victim, and the child gets death threats for standing still in the face of the jerk adult, and you can’t say that anything wrong has happened.
I did say many things wrong happened. The chapparones were AWOL and the kids escalated the situation. Black Isrealites helped by insulting everyone.

Thank god for those jerks with the drums, they may have prevented a riot.

Quote:
the climate has been different since bush. bush was hitler. McCain was a senile old racist. Romney objectifies women by keeping their resumes in a binder.
Climate has been different since Clinton. Blame Newt, Tom Delay etc...

How many GOP House Speakers or Majority Leaders have had legal
Issues since then?
Old 01-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

Everything bad that has ever happened,Wayne can link to the Republican Party. He is what is known as a real snowflake. I can tell he is not fronting.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #14
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I did say many things wrong happened. The chapparones were AWOL and the kids escalated the situation. Black Isrealites helped by insulting everyone.

That may be true Jeff, certainly you have a valid opinion there. I hope you notice the brave,praying Indian chose the path of least resistance here. Certainly a safer path,where he attempted to intimidate/incite a high school field trip. It may just be the two groups were in cahoots in another attempt to discredit the oppressed.

Climate has been different since Clinton. Blame Newt, Tom Delay etc...

How many GOP House Speakers or Majority Leaders have had legal
Issues since then?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Everything bad that has ever happened,Wayne can link to the Republican Party. He is what is known as a real snowflake. I can tell he is not fronting.
Again you can't accept the facts how typical
Old 01-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems once again people are confused why we had this shut down and obama shut down ill give them a hint it was driven by republicans
whatever. but obama was potus, and there was nowhere near the hysteria. why? there is one possible answer, Trump.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #17
Jim in CT

spence you say phillips
de escalated things. by lying about every detail? calling the kids beasts, calling the black men their pray, saying the kid got in his path, saying the kids were chanting build
the wall?

All bullsh*t, all irrefutable bullsh*t, all designed to demonize children. Children. and they got death threats, because people
like you got chubbies at the thought of white catholics in maga hats picking on an innocent, victimized native american elder.

yeah, you go on thinking that Phillips helped the children.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
spence you say phillips
de escalated things. by lying about every detail? calling the kids beasts, calling the black men their pray, saying the kid got in his path, saying the kids were chanting build
the wall?

All bullsh*t, all irrefutable bullsh*t, all designed to demonize children. Children. and they got death threats, because people
like you got chubbies at the thought of white catholics in maga hats picking on an innocent, victimized native american elder.

yeah, you go on thinking that Phillips helped the children.
I can call your local crisis center. You ok?
Old 01-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #19
Cool Beans

Can we just start the damn civil war already? This site is a perfect example of how we will never agree on anything.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #20
Nebe

Quote:
Can we just start the damn civil war already? This site is a perfect example of how we will never agree on anything.
NO WE CANT
Old 01-26-2019, 05:24 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Can we just start the damn civil war already?
it's coming...thankfully, while the left has been collecting safe spaces and emotional support pets...the right has been collecting guns and stockpiling ammo...

may the odds be ever in your favor...
Old 01-26-2019, 05:30 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

Spence there is a video shot and narrated by one of the black Israelites that shows the crowd of kids at a distance...the guy narrating and the other black Israelites ( the guys that CNN described as " four young African Americans who were there teaching about the bible and oppression") screaming obscenities and threatening the group(which I guess you'd describe as "praying")....the group moves AWAY from the black Israelites and keeps going in fact the black Israelites are taunting them as they move off yelling "that's right run away"...

your narrative is a joke...
Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Spence there is a video shot and narrated by one of the black Israelites that shows the crowd of kids at a distance...the guy narrating and the other black Israelites ( the guys that CNN described as " four young African Americans who were there teaching about the bible and oppression") screaming obscenities and threatening the group(which I guess you'd describe as "praying")....the group moves AWAY from the black Israelites and keeps going in fact the black Israelites are taunting them as they move off yelling "that's right run away"...

your narrative is a joke...
and then there’s Phillips, also saying the white kids were picking on the poor black israelites, calling the kids beasts, and the blacks their prey. and spence is still
saying the kids contributed to this, and that Phillips played a favorable role.

there’s no talking to these people.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
whatever. but obama was potus, and there was nowhere near the hysteria. why? there is one possible answer, Trump.

obama was potus what's your point ? you cant sign a bill if one is never sent

Turtle boy wouldn't send a bill unless Trump liked it 1st since when is that how this works...

Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
obama was potus what's your point ? you cant sign a bill if one is never sent

Turtle boy wouldn't send a bill unless Trump liked it 1st since when is that how this works...

my point was that when federal workers were furloughed under obama, the media didn’t make the stink they’re making today. why? why is it so much worse to get furloughed by trump than by obama?
Old 01-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:

there’s no talking to these people.

I'd like to get a red "MAKE ANTARCTICA GREAT AGAIN" hat and wear it around just for fun ......but I'd have to worry about nuts like Spence becoming irrationally triggered and vandalizing my car
Old 01-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
my point was that when federal workers were furloughed under obama, the media didn’t make the stink they’re making today. why? why is it so much worse to get furloughed by trump than by obama?
what part of the Reason Why( A bs Lie and he lost the house )is the reason we had the shut down ... Trump caused the stink it wasn't created by the media ... and now he is trying to look like the hero to funny

Jim the But but but obama Mantra only works on the uninformed and Trump faith full

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
I wish people would read or listen to my words on the Border Wall. This was in no way a concession. It was taking care of millions of people who were getting badly hurt by the Shutdown with the understanding that in 21 days, if no deal is done, it’s off to the races!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
53% of Americans blamed Republicans for the Obama shutdown
Republicans are getting better at that, this time with McConnell hiding they got Trump to take the blame

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #29
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'd like to get a red "MAKE ANTARCTICA GREAT AGAIN" hat and wear it around just for fun ......but I'd have to worry about nuts like Spence becoming irrationally triggered and vandalizing my car
The hat itself is what triggers racism. The left simply become sideways when they see the hat.🤯

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #30
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The hat itself is what triggers racism. The left simply become sideways when they see the hat.🤯
Kind of like a KKK hood.