Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-24-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

He got rid of waste

With the coronavirus killing thousands and threatening to tank the global economy, I feel like more people should be talking about the fact that Trump fired the entire pandemic response team two years ago and then didn't replace them.
Trump also cut funding for the CDC, forcing the CDC to cancel its efforts to help countries prevent infectious-disease threats from becoming epidemics in 39 of 49 countries in 2018.
Among the countries abandoned? China.
This isn't just about accountability. It's about drawing attention to the structural problems in the US response effort before things get worse.
And it’s not limited to diseases, the increased structural problems carry through all national security operations.
But he’s saving you money, just what is 3% of the DOW, never mind the danger to Americans here and abroad worth.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

🙀
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

rest easy everyone, the guy who said to rake the forest and water-bomb the cathedral and nuke the hurricane knows exactly how to handle this global pandemic thing
Old 02-24-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

America 1st
Old 02-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #5
detbuch

The Chinese Communist Party suppressed information from the beginning of this coronavirus. It would not have wanted to expose the outbreak to any foreign government if it could have kept it quiet. Our CDC could not have done anything about it at the crucial time of its beginning because the CCP would not want any foreign government, especially not the American, to be responsible for helping to control the outbreak. It did not even want the rest of China to know about it. Secrecy and lies, in crises like this, are necessary in order to enforce what the CCP considers "social stability." Admitting that foreign help was needed would cause the CCP to lose face and be damaging to its hold on power. The U.S. has offered to help three times already but China refused.

At this point, if necessary, Congress can provide funding for the CDC or pharmaceutical research in order to do what is necessary here.

China is responsible for this coronavirus, not Trump.

With the Hong Kong rebellion, trade war with the U.S., and now this virus which may result in several tens of millions of Chinese deaths, may all destroy the Chinese economy and bring down the CCP.

While our Press was low key for a while, The Epoch Times has published several articles early on and has exposed that it was worse than the Chinese were admitting once they had to confess that the virus existed.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-24-2020 at 10:29 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 08:32 AM   #6
Jim in CT

pete, we’re all surprised to note that you departed from your usual routine, and blamed it all on Trump.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I'm pretty sure Pete didn't blame Trump, he pointed out that some moves made might not be so wise, especially in light of how this might spread. I think it's pretty clear the Chinese government hid this for as long as they could and now unfortunately the rest of the world is going to pay some of the price.

Hey on a side note, I know this isn't Jim's house, because he is from CT, I would envision this to be more of an SD front yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1773.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	66904  
Old 02-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

there's always a tweet and he thinks it's a good time to get in the market!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
16h
The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2020, 09:13 AM   #9
wdmso

Market is down 1000 points ,, and not sure how you can blame China a nation of 1.3 billion for the spread of virus that's new to the world with no cure and seems to spread easily,, trust me the USA can't handle such a outbreak,

"I think that's a problem that's going to go away," Trump said during a trip to India, expressing confidence that the epidemic will not seriously harm the global economy.

Yet Trump after weeks of telling Americans that China has a lid on the situation,,, is he lying trying not to be an alarmist or does his administration and advisers not have a clue
Old 02-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #10
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I'm pretty sure Pete didn't blame Trump, he pointed out that some moves made might not be so wise, especially in light of how this might spread. I think it's pretty clear the Chinese government hid this for as long as they could and now unfortunately the rest of the world is going to pay some of the price.

Hey on a side note, I know this isn't Jim's house, because he is from CT, I would envision this to be more of an SD front yard.
You are an idiot if you think my house is that small.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-25-2020, 11:36 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

As Agolf Admin spreads disinformation
Consider the facts:
Coronavirus carriers often have light symptoms - detection/containment hard as w/ flu
The Coronavirus case-based fatality is about 2%
Flu = 0.14%
2019 - US flu killed 34k And we have a vaccine
Best case ETA corona vaccine - 1 yr
Old 02-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
You are an idiot if you think my house is that small.
No I envision your lawn might look like that covered in Trump love, seems your comprehension skills are slipping again, next time I will be clearer so you can more easily catch the hidden meaning.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Market is down 1000 points ,,

which might attract speculators who buy when the market is low. A trend that would "look good" to buy and sell speculators.

and not sure how you can blame China a nation of 1.3 billion for the spread of virus that's new to the world with no cure and seems to spread easily,,

Because China did not immediately expose the problem, letting it unnecessarily spread, and then refusing offered help.

trust me the USA can't handle such a outbreak,

Ugh . . hard to trust you . . . maybe you're right this time . . . hope not.

"I think that's a problem that's going to go away," Trump said during a trip to India, expressing confidence that the epidemic will not seriously harm the global economy.

Yet Trump after weeks of telling Americans that China has a lid on the situation,,, is he lying trying not to be an alarmist

That's the general view of those who don't have TDS.

or does his administration and advisers not have a clue
No doubt that is your view. After all, as you say, "the USA can't handle such a outbreak"
Old 02-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Agolf has shown no aversion to central planning, social engineering, protectionism, and corporate welfare in his first three years in office. Imagine all the self-serving and counterproductive economic meddling he’ll engage in should we face an economic downturn.
And it looks like one is starting..........
Nobody cares that he’s artificially inflating the economy and manipulating the market, for example he’ll come back from India and act like he’s got some great trade deal the best in the history of the world! No ones ever seen anything like it!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
🏴#^&☠️
Old 02-25-2020, 02:58 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

“There’s no recession coming. The pessimistas were wrong. It’s not going to happen. . . The Bush boom is alive and well.”
- Larry Kudlow, December, 2007

"We have contained this, I won't say airtight but pretty close to airtight." -- Kudlow, on @CNBC now.

Good thing Larry Kudlow is never catastrophically wrong about things.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #17
Jim in CT

how’s your IRA doing since January 2017?
Old 02-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

DHS Secretary Chad Wolf claims the mortality rate for coronavirus is similar to the flu, both at about 2%. Senator Kennedy says "are you sure of that?" and the secretary doubles down.

The mortality rate for seasonal flu is closer to 0.1%:

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
No doubt that is your view. After all, as you say, "the USA can't handle such a outbreak"
"which might attract speculators who buy when the market is low. A trend that would "look good" to buy and sell speculators"

Of course it's a huge opportunity,
Old 02-25-2020, 08:53 PM   #20
Sea Dangles

Quote:
No I envision your lawn might look like that covered in Trump love, seems your comprehension skills are slipping again, next time I will be clearer so you can more easily catch the hidden meaning.
Dude, you really have a misconception based on silly. Go have fun and stop envisioning my lawn. Wtf is the matter with you?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-26-2020, 07:11 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Dude, you really have a misconception based on silly. Go have fun and stop envisioning my lawn. Wtf is the matter with you?
The difference between me and you is I poke fun and you are just mean/nasty and always bordering on inappropriate.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:20 AM   #22
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The difference between me and you is I poke fun and you are just mean/nasty and always bordering on inappropriate.
Thanks for pointing out the difference...now stfu.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out the difference...now stfu.
You are aware there are medical and cosmetic procedures which can address you waking up every day with so much hair across your arse.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #24
Sea Dangles

Quote:
You are aware there are medical and cosmetic procedures which can address you waking up every day with so much hair across your arse.
Peg can pull it out with her teeth.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Peg can pull it out with her teeth.
My god you are such an easy target, I love to bring to light the stark difference of good hearted fun and the dark side of the board and you easily display it like Pavlov’s trained dog.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #26
Sea Dangles

Another gotcha
👍🏿
Old 02-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
when have you ever written anything amusing?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #28
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
when have you ever written anything amusing?
He basically just called me The Dark Side...

Kinda funny?

Meanwhile, I bring laughter on a consistent basis.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

There's always a tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Obama just appointed an Ebola Czar with zero experience in the medical area and zero experience in infectious disease control. A TOTAL JOKE!
6:20 PM · Oct 17, 2014·

Mike Pence is not a doctor.

Mike Pence is also not a scientist.

Mike Pence—the guy Trump just put in charge of managing a serious public health crisis—wrote an op-ed in 2000 in which he claimed that the notion that smoking kills people was just “hysteria from the political class and the media.”

"I don't view Mike as a czar," Trump says of Pence.

And he's not because the narcissist in chief is the “czar” for any topic, any crisis because he knows more than anybody else, even scientists, generals and other experts!

And narcissists shall not have any other czars before them, loving gazes from pets are ok though.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #30
spence

That press conference was disturbing.