Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
wdmso

Trump accuses Obama of tapping his phone

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39167110

Mr Trump's tweets followed allegations made by conservative radio host Mark Levin, which were later picked up by Breitbart News, who got it from

former Heat Street editor Louise Mensch reported “sources with links to the counter-intelligence community”

Below is a Quote from Donald Trump about the media shocking

“I’m against the people that make up stories and make up sources. They shouldn’t be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody’s name. Let their name be put out there. Let their name be put out.”

but has no issues accusing Obama over twitter
Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Thin skinned, shoot first ask questions later mentality, the ruckus in the oval office they taped from a distance; was probably someone asking him to give up his phone and stop tweeting like a damn 13 year old.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Nebe

It's painfully obvious that these stupid actions are used to distract us from the dismantling of federal agencies. The media eats it up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It's painfully obvious that these stupid actions are used to distract us from the dismantling of federal agencies. The media eats it up.
It's starting to feel like collusion

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
PaulS

Given the amount of contact with the Russians by Trump's associates I could see it happening. Maybe the FBI heard Flynn and the Ambassador saying that after the Russians hack and release the DNC emails and if Trump gets elected president Trump eould start speaking highly of the Russians and will remove the sanctions.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Given the amount of contact with the Russians by Trump's associates I could see it happening. Maybe the FBI heard Flynn and the Ambassador saying that after the Russians hack and release the DNC emails and if Trump gets elected president Trump eould start speaking highly of the Russians and will remove the sanctions.
So, when is the FBI going to tell us that it heard what you said maybe they heard? Maybe they're afraid of Trump. Maybe Trump asked the Russians to hack the FBI, and he's got info that the FBI I colluding with the Dems. Gosh--the number of maybe's is hyuge. Make a good movie.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Actually as someone who believes The Constitution is as relevant today as it was when it was written, I would be happy to see the MASSIVE FEDERAL OVERREACH of the past 16 years get dismantled.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 03-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So, when is the FBI going to tell us that it heard what you said maybe they heard? Maybe they're afraid of Trump. Maybe Trump asked the Russians to hack the FBI, and he's got info that the FBI I colluding with the Dems. Gosh--the number of maybe's is hyuge. Make a good movie.
Lol. You're getting infatuated with me.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Lol. You're getting infatuated with me.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #10
wdmso

James Clapper, who left his post when Mr Trump took office on 20 January, told NBC's Meet the Press: "There was no such wire-tap activity mounted against the president-elect at the time, as a candidate, or against his campaign."
He said that as intelligence director he would have known about any "court order on something like this. Absolutely, I can deny it".
But he added: "I can't speak for other authorised entities in the government or a state or local entity."

The White House on Sunday called on Congress to investigate whether former President Obama abused his executive powers in connection with the 2016 campaign, but continued to offer no evidence to back up the claim. is that how this works you throw the rock(with out supporting evidence ) and ask for congress to investigate the person you hit with your rock???? how about they investigate you for making false statements or abuse of power

and this is only 3 months in ... Sorry men The democrats aren't as good as Republicans when it comes to BS investigations to dis credit their opponents... Trump is not making this hard

Last edited by wdmso; 03-05-2017 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: moved russian content to session thread
Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wonder how long the FBI director will last, now that he has come out stating there was not wire tapping of the Trump campaign. I find it so ironic that all the crying about fake news from him, is likely the only source he has on this accusation. Man would I love to be a fly on the wall while he throws his next oval office temper tantrum.

I don't like the man, I never have, but it concerns me that he just can't STFU and start to govern instead of picking fights. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't feel good that this is the guy who needs to deal with threats in the middle east, North Korea or Russia flexing their muscles.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

and this is only 3 months in ...
the fun has just begun
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Sorry men The democrats aren't as good as Republicans when it comes to BS investigations to dis credit their opponents...
this is very amusing

seems there was surveillance of the Orange One

The Obama Camp’s Disingenuous Denials on FISA Surveillance of Trump

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...eillance-trump
Old 03-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #14
PaulS

Maybe someone can find that "secret" plan Trump had to defear ISIS since it seems to have disappeared.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Maybe someone can find that "secret" plan Trump had to defear ISIS since it seems to have disappeared.
Deflection
Old 03-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Deflection
In other words, moving the goalpost. But Paul does have that unique investigative power so lacking in the rest of us. He can even see a secret plan disappearing. Amazing power. I can see how, with such power, he doesn't need to substantiate what he says. It's just that he has this supernatural power to see things the rest of us can't.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In other words, moving the goalpost. But Paul does have that unique investigative power so lacking in the rest of us. He can even see a secret plan disappearing. Amazing power. I can see how, with such power, he doesn't need to substantiate what he says. It's just that he has this supernatural power to see things the rest of us can't.
I'm worried about our troops that are in harms way bc Pres. Trump hasn't released the secret plan that he promised us. Don't you care about the troops?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm worried about our troops that are in harms way bc Pres. Trump hasn't released the secret plan that he promised us. Don't you care about the troops?
If its Secret, and he releases it, wouldn't THAT lead to our troops being in harms way?

Don't you care about the troops.

At least he's keeping it off of the e-mail server that's in the closet.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
If its Secret, and he releases it, wouldn't THAT lead to our troops being in harms way?

Don't you care about the troops.

At least he's keeping it off of the e-mail server that's in the closet.
great point
Old 03-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #20
PaulS

I didn't ask that he release it to me. I was removed from the list of people authorized to implement war plans.

How about releasing it to the Generals?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #21
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is very amusing

Doesn't the sheer premise of this article concern anyone? If this surveillance is a true story, then there was probable cause to assume that Trump and/or his associates were colluding with Russian government officials, despite hard line sanctions coming from the US to Moscow.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Doesn't the sheer premise of this article concern anyone? If this surveillance is a true story, then there was probable cause to assume that Trump and/or his associates were colluding with Russian government officials, despite hard line sanctions coming from the US to Moscow.
yeah...but that would mean Trump was telling the truth which goes against the mantra and narrative....

the Obama admin has a record....

WikiLeaks released the following list on February 23rd of Obama Administration wire taps:

* The US National Security Agency bugged a private climate change strategy meeting; between UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin;
* Obama bugged Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for long term interception targetting his Swiss phone;
* Obama singled out the Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human, and targetted his Swiss phone for long term interception;
* Obama stole sensitive Italian diplomatic cables detailing how Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored Italy’s Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to help patch up his relationship with US President Barack Obama, who was refusing to talk to Netanyahu;
* Obama intercepted top EU and Japanese trade ministers discussing their secret strategy and red lines to stop the US “extort[ing]” them at the WTO Doha arounds (the talks subsequently collapsed);
* Obama explicitly targeted five other top EU economic officials for long term interception, including their French, Austrian and Belgium phone numbers;
* Obama explicitly targetted the phones of Italy’s ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; and
* Obama intercepted details of a critical private meeting between then French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Merkel and Berluscon, where the latter was told the Italian banking system was ready to “pop like a cork”.

In addition to the above list we also know now that Obama wire tapped various individuals in the US media that were reporting information not flattering to the Obama Administration. It is widely known that Obama’s Justice Department targeted journalists with wiretaps in 2013:

* In 2013 the liberal Washington Post expressed outrage after the revelation that the Justice Department had investigated the newsgathering activities of a Fox News reporter as a potential crime in a probe of classified leaks. The reporter, Fox News’ James Rosen and his family, were part of an investigation into government officials anonymously leaking information to journalists. Rosen was not charged but his movements and actions were tracked.
* Also in 2013, members of the Associated Press were also a target of the surveillance. The ultra liberal New Yorker even noted that “In moderate and liberal circles, at least, the phone-records scandal, partly because it involves the dear old A.P. and partly because it raises anew the specter of Big Brother, may well present the most serious threat to Obama’s reputation.”
* Reporter Sharyl Attkisson said in 2014 that her personal computer and CBS laptop were hacked after she began filing stories about Benghazi that were unflattering to the Obama administration. A source who checked her laptop said the hacker used spyware “proprietary to a government agency,” according to an article in the New York Post.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
I didn't ask that he release it to me. I was removed from the list of people authorized to implement war plans.

you are struggling with the meaning of "secret" aren't you?

lets get Wayne to copy and paste a definition
Old 03-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is very amusing

"I can't speak for other authorised entities in the government or a state or local entity."

Obama doesn't have absolute powers bit it appears many think he does

and seeing you like definitions her is another one

The FISA Court is very different. Created by Section 103 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978, the purpose of the FISC is to “hear applications for and grant orders approving electronic surveillance anywhere within the United States.” The court makes its own rules and operates in secret..

And the COURT not the POTUS

approves the warrant
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #25
wdmso

just saw this http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39175962

FBI Director James Comey has requested that the Justice Department publicly deny President Trump's allegation that President Barack Obama had ordered a wiretap of candidate Trump,
Old 03-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #26
scottw

To summarize, reporting indicates that, prior to June 2016, the Obama Justice Department and FBI considered a criminal investigation of Trump associates, and perhaps Trump himself, based on concerns about connections to Russian financial institutions. Preliminary poking around indicated that there was nothing criminal involved. Rather than shut the case down, though, the Obama Justice Department converted it into a national-security investigation under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

Last edited by scottw; 03-06-2017 at 12:04 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #27
PaulS

We should just ask the person who told Pres. Trump. I know he hates it when people use anonymous sources so I'm sure his tweet mentioned the name.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
We should just ask the person who told Pres. Trump. I know he hates it when people use anonymous sources so I'm sure his tweet mentioned the name.
appears as though this was widely known and not a secret
Old 03-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
How do you know he hasn't?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
How do you know he hasn't?
Because then he can't criticize him for not sharing it with the generals.

The man has been in office for a couple of months. I don't like the paranoid tweets, his vulgar language, I don't like how thin-skinned he is (so was Obama, who never ever let a criticism pass).

But isn't it common for them to outline vague plans (especially early on), before releasing the details? Can we at least pretend to apply the same standards to Trump that were applied to his predecessors?