Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 11-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Transducer

I have a Garmin 740s with a P66 Triducer (AirMar)

Thinking the trans/triducer chit the bed?
It's been dicey for a while.... it comes and goes, but for the most part...I get no depth nor sonar. Tired of rolling the dice in some of the areas I fish/travel...

I've secured the only connection available, the wiring harness in the console area, but don't believe there's an issue there. GPS and screen have no issues, only problems are related at the other end.

Anyone ever break apart the multi-sensor/sonar unit itself?
Thinking it's made water-tight and un-serviceable...at least for someone who can't make it water tight again. Just wondering if anyone ever tried it?

If I can't make heads or tails of it, probably replace the transducer over the winter...figured I'd post about it with all the knowledgeable peeps on here.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:49 AM   #2
Linesider82

If it's clean and the cable is good for the length of the run, and there's no corrosion on the terminal connections the unit posts and the unit end of the cable receiver. I'd have to agree with your thinking.

If you do make a purchase of a new one test it right away and theres usually a silly tab on them like a mattress has that says dont remove, don't remove it. Maybe a place like west marine can do a quick check in store before you have to go thru a trial and error effort.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote