Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Jim in CT

SNL makes fun of appearance of Navy Seal who lost eye in combat

i expect the democrats will retake the house Tuesday. If the GOP holds on, i will think of this clip, think of all the big shots at NBC who think this is great, and i will be the happiest person on the planet.

F**k these people.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/0...G4_iHHKqIGBpyQ
Old 11-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Must be Faux is tired of winning so now they are horrified by comedians, women and children, and things they take out of context.
Tough being a victim isn’t it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Must be Faux is tired of winning so now they are horrified by comedians, women and children, and things they take out of context.
Tough being a victim isn’t it

The put his PHOTO on the screen, and mocked what he gave.

Put that in any context you want, and then go #^&#^&#^&#^& yourself.

The GOP is pulverizing your side all over the map, at every level, Do you even know what "victim" means? Were the Red Sox "victims" this season?
Old 11-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Tuesday
Old 11-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Put that in any context you want, and then go #^&#^&#^&#^& yourself.
trumpian.....
Old 11-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tuesday
in what context is it acceptable or funny to make fun of a vet for combat wounds? please
enlighten us...
Old 11-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
trumpian.....
context...

these people are so stupid and so cruel and so ugly, i’m out of words. piece of crap.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
basswipe

As a vet this makes me sick.This is unacceptable.

I would ask the snl moron if he would make fun of a downs syndrome kid or a woman who was raped or a black man shot by a cop?But a Republican who just happens to be a COMBAT WOUNDED VET...no problem.

Pete if you can justify and legitimize THAT skit,you can justify ANYTHING.And that my friend is truly scary and what is wrong with America right now.

I will make no further comments in this thread.World piece.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #9
spence

Funny, a comedian makes a disrespectful joke and it’s cause for ww3, Trump repeatedly mocks a war hero and it’s look the other way I got a little tax break. Not to mention how he’s using active duty troops for his political stunt down south.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny, a comedian makes a disrespectful joke and it’s cause for ww3, Trump repeatedly mocks a war hero and it’s look the other way I got a little tax break. Not to mention how he’s using active duty troops for his political stunt down south.
there was all kinds of republican uproar when trump said that about mccain. can you go a day without lying, mister i’m the
most objective person here?”. everything has to
come back to trump.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I think it is a bad joke, and pretty tasteless. But then again I don’t find that guy funny anyways. I don’t think it was the worst thing I have ever heard either in terms of meanness. I do think if the guy had been running as a dem the same joke probably would have been made....
Old 11-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
there was all kinds of republican uproar when trump said that about mccain. can you go a day without lying, mister i’m the
most objective person here?”. everything has to
come back to trump.
Uproar that went nowhere.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #13
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:

Jeff, you introduce diversion tactics way too often. Did you find the skit disrespectful to the veteran and Americans in general, or not? Leave the other stuff out of your answer.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jeff, you introduce diversion tactics way too often. Did you find the skit disrespectful to the veteran and Americans in general, or not? Leave the other stuff out of your answer.
I said in the post you quoted I thought it was disrespectful, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #15
Jim in CT

“he lost his eye in a war, or whatever.”
Old 11-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
“he lost his eye in a war, or whatever.”
Did you think Trump’s remarks about McCain should have been disqualifying in the primary?
Old 11-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did you think Trump’s remarks about McCain should have been disqualifying in the primary?
everything has to go back to trump with you. mr. objectivity can’t bear to focus on gross misconduct on his side.

yes it should have been disqualifying and i said so at the time . i can call
out horrible
bile on my side.

why can’t you, mr objectivity?
Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump is your leader, like it or vote otherwise
The other guy you are whining about is a f ng comedian
Pretty big difference or maybe you think Trump is just a reality tv star
Old 11-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
The other guy you are whining about is a f ng comedian
Pretty big difference or maybe you think Trump is just a reality tv star
obama was also my leader. i was able to talk about other things. but i wasn’t obsessed and deranged, i had that going for
me.

I’m whining. he posts the photo
of an injured vet on national tv, and mocks him. and when i complain, you say i’m whining.

if that’s whining, then do you ever do anything, other than whine about Trump? Ever? have fun with that question.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
obama was also my leader. i was able to talk about other things. but i wasn’t obsessed and deranged, i had that going for
me.

I’m whining. he posts the photo
of an injured vet on national tv, and mocks him. and when i complain, you say i’m whining.

if that’s whining, then do you ever do anything, other than whine about Trump? Ever? have fun with that question.
You claim that what a comedian puts on tv is So important
So Trump is less important than a comedian
Trump is responsible for far more deaths and trauma in the last week than that comedian

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
You claim that what a comedian puts on tv is So important
So Trump is less important than a comedian
Trump is responsible for far more deaths and trauma in the last week than that comedian
never said a comedian is more important. another common tactic among liberal babies, isnthat when they cannot effectively respond to what’s been asked, they instead respond to something that no one ever, ever said. no one ever said trump is less important. but what SNL and NBC did to this brave selfless SEAL, is disgusting. that doesn’t mean they are more important than Trump. I’m glad you’re a democrat, that’s where you belong.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I I do think if the guy had been running as a dem the same joke probably would have been made....
the segment was about freaky people in politics. do you want to guess how many democrats they poked fun at, among the handful
of politicians he made fun of? you’re a sharp guy, go ahead, guess.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I think it is a bad joke, and pretty tasteless. But then again I don’t find that guy funny anyways. I don’t think it was the worst thing I have ever heard either in terms of meanness. I do think if the guy had been running as a dem the same joke probably would have been made....
But it wouldn’t have been on Faux

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #24
Ian
Idiot

Say what you want about what he said about the Seal, but his comments about Mike Pence’s brother looking like a ken doll that spent a month in a river had me laughing out loud... glad I wasn’t drinking milk

I’m glad he finished with the one that he (clearly) felt was the most controversial
Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 AM   #25
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
i expect the democrats will retake the house Tuesday. If the GOP holds on, i will think of this clip, think of all the big shots at NBC who think this is great, and i will be the happiest person on the planet.

F**k these people.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/0...G4_iHHKqIGBpyQ
I just want to comment on this post for a second, because you’ve taken the stupid views of a guy who proposed to Ariana Grande after dating for 5 weeks and somehow peanut buttered that as some sort of liberal shadow agenda for hating military vets?

Dude... you gotta turn it down a little. We’re all Americans, and what divides us isn’t as good vs evil as you seem to think it is. This guy is a moron, and the skit fell very flat on that joke, but comedians are famous for doing stupid sh$t like that. It’s not the first time it’s happened, and it won’t be the last. But good god, it doesn’t mean a bunch of liberal elite NBC Democratic donors are laughing themselves to sleep thinking about the Navy SEAL they just mocked... turn off the Fox News for a little bit and try to think about things through an a non polarizing political viewpoint, it might help us actually imagine some future where we reverse this really awful trend we’re in where everyone is either a liberal or a conservative and if you’re one, your job is to try to make the other look like hitler

Because when you say, “#^&#^&#^&#^& these people” over a bad joke on a midnight comedy show... i just feel sorry for you

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:

earth to pete...trump is not on the ballot tomorrow
Old 11-05-2018, 06:24 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I just want to comment on this post for a second, because you’ve taken the stupid views of a guy who proposed to Ariana Grande after dating for 5 weeks and somehow peanut buttered that as some sort of liberal shadow agenda for hating military vets?

Dude... you gotta turn it down a little. We’re all Americans, and what divides us isn’t as good vs evil as you seem to think it is. This guy is a moron, and the skit fell very flat on that joke, but comedians are famous for doing stupid sh$t like that. It’s not the first time it’s happened, and it won’t be the last. But good god, it doesn’t mean a bunch of liberal elite NBC Democratic donors are laughing themselves to sleep thinking about the Navy SEAL they just mocked... turn off the Fox News for a little bit and try to think about things through an a non polarizing political viewpoint, it might help us actually imagine some future where we reverse this really awful trend we’re in where everyone is either a liberal or a conservative and if you’re one, your job is to try to make the other look like hitler

Because when you say, “#^&#^&#^&#^& these people” over a bad joke on a midnight comedy show... i just feel sorry for you
dude, i don’t gotta do anything.

this was a scripted skit on a major, mainstream network. not in some fringe show.

the put the mans photo on world tv, and made fun of the way he looks, and he only looks different, because he served three combat tours. if he has kids, how do you suppose this makes them feel?

as of last night, neither this comic nor SNL nor NBC has apologized.

i am well
aware, and saddened, by how divided we are. i think the SNL skit is a lot more divisive than my contempt for it.

you are of course, free to disagree.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
the segment was about freaky people in politics. do you want to guess how many democrats they poked fun at, among the handful
of politicians he made fun of? you’re a sharp guy, go ahead, guess.
Did this chick make the list?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
earth to pete...trump is not on the ballot tomorrow
Better tell Trump
“I’m not on the ticket, but I am on the ticket,” Mr Trump told supporters in Mississippi.
“Because this is also a referendum about me.
“I want you to vote, pretend I’m on the ballot.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Did this chick make the list?

you will be stunned to learn that she did not make the list, nor did Maxine Waters.

The New York Times thought it was a swell segment, and called it their “ bit of the week”.

i’ll be watching this congressional race, in TX, hoping to see that the Seal wins.