Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I don't know where you live in CT, but you in general have been making stuff up based on how you feel, not real data. I really hope it isn't true that you do a job that involves numbers. Maybe you would save some money moving to New Hampshire, but your case is a very specific case of a persone who "telecomutes." 250K is an absolute bs lie unless you are in the million plus salary range and based on the number skills and analysis you put out here, there is no way that is the case. That is unless someone gave you a small loan of a million dollars to start a business back int he 1980's. New Hampshire has taxes. They don't have income tax so they make up for it with other taxes. They have to pay for stuff. Their state university is almost identical, if not higher than UCONN. Stop misinterpreting or making things up than pretending I am off on this.
"you in general have been making stuff up based on how you feel"

Not in the least. The averages you quoted are averages, they don't necessarily apply to any one individual. I know exactly what I pay in state income tax, and I have a great guess what we pay in sales tax.

I'm not making that up. You are desperately trying to make it un-true, because you can't accept the implications of the truth.

"your case is a very specific case of a persone who "telecomutes." "

Many white collar folks can telecommute these days. And while blue collar folks probably can't take their salary to SC, I'm not sue they can't take it to NH. I don't know.

"250K is an absolute bs lie unless you are in the million plus salary range "

I said 250k over 20 years. You showed that to get that (using your averages, which don't apply too me, my salary is above average), I wouldn't have to be anywhere near the million dollar range. And I'm not.

You keep going on and on about how here in CT, you'll have a house worth more. You have a crystal ball? You can see what real estate appreciation will be over the next 2 decades in CT and NH? There is a chance CT will completely collapse, as we are among the nation's leaders in population exodus every year. It's far from certain that CT real estate is a better investment than NH real estate.

"New Hampshire has taxes"

Of course they do. But it's a lot less, in total, than CT. It woul dbe hundreds of dollars a month for me. And more when the SALT deduction limits go into place, and more when my wife goes back to work, and more when UCONN's tuition goes up by 31% in the next 4 years. That is all fact. On top of that, I can make a great guess that CT will become more expensive relative to NH than it is today, because our debt will almost inevitably lead to massive tax hikes. When our tax base is shrinking, how else do you pay down $75 billion in debt, without tax hikes?