Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Old 11-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

What ammo are you buying?

Low on 9mm. Haven't bought in a while. Need input in 22, 40 and 45 too as I hope to be taking some new to me guns to a range soon
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
tysdad115

If it's just range ammo Winchester white box..but I've been making my own for a while now and hate buying new stuff unless I need brass. If you can't find any 22 let me know..I'll bring some to tfctfn for you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
tysdad115

You're not far from shooters outpost in Hooksett ,NH..They had good deals on cases of rounds in the calibers you want. Good enough to save the tax $ and overall price.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thanks Andy. I will let you know. Not shooting yet so not investing in reloading at this point. That would make me very unpopular here at home.... Maybe when I get the safe delivered and installed she will be in a better mood on the subject.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

Yes! thanks for the tip Andy.
I know Mass firearms school was advertising a 1000 rd box of 9mm for like $205, but sold out very quickly. They look like they still have some 50 rd boxes for $11
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
Yes! thanks for the tip Andy.
I know Mass firearms school was advertising a 1000 rd box of 9mm for like $205, but sold out very quickly. They look like they still have some 50 rd boxes for $11
Including tax thats not a terrible deal ,about .22 a round,as long as its brass cased ammo. If it was steel or aluminum thats too much money. It is definitely worth the ride up to Shooters Outpost or Rileys up in NH.
Currently I'm reloading so my cost breakdown is .11 cents for the projectile I use, .03 for a primer and .03 in powder so I'm at about .17 per round for hollow point rounds that perform excellent in my guns. We shoot a ton and I make a lot. The cost difference isn't great on 9mm but it gets better with .45 and is huge on the tournament rifle rounds I make. The initial investment in equipment has already paid for itself.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
tysdad115

And feel free to save me all your 9mm brass!!

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #8
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

yeah steel or aluminum is the only thing I won't shoot. My M&P eats up everything else with no problem. Ok looks like I"m driving to NH!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote