Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If the current tax set up is so horrible for companies why are they making record profits ? History has shown us big buiness can not be trusted .. whether it's labor laws of workers safety or the environment, so the likelyhood that any of this tax money will ever land in the pockets of their workers or be used for expansion is as laughably just like the administration thinking a 1000.00 tax break is going to change he lives of The middle class
Who said the current system is 'horrible'? But it can be better.

"History has shown us big buiness can not be trusted"

I have worked for huge companies - Aetna, Travelers, The Hartford. All good places to work, providing tens of thousands of good jobs. And all did good work in their communities. You have no idea what you are talking about. None. Of course some businesses are owned by awful people. But we have all kinds of laws that limit what they can and cannot do.

"so the likelyhood that any of this tax money will ever land in the pockets of their workers or be used for expansion is as laughably"

So tell us, mister business expert, where will the money go? Is any of it going to go to the shareholders, many of whom are not rich?

Even if all of the extra profits go to the CEO, what do you think he does with that money? Unless he buries it in his backyard, he uses it in a way that helps the economy.

What about the thousands and thousands of small businesses? Nebe has said it would help him if he got to keep more of his income...Is he an evil plutocrat?
Old 11-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Nebe has said it would help him if he got to keep more of his income...Is he an evil plutocrat?
he's definitely an evil something or other...

what Wayne is saying is he trusts Trump and the Republican Senate and Congress to spend the money more wisely than America's evil, corrupt business Crooketeers.....I think in Seattle they were planning to also use the extra tax money to fund gender fluidity programs/seminars for the City's kindergartens(ok, I made that up...but it's entirely believable)

Last edited by scottw; 11-26-2017 at 01:24 PM..
Old 11-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's definitely an evil something or other...

what Wayne is saying is he trusts Trump and the Republican Senate and Congress to spend the money more wisely than America's evil, corrupt business Crooketeers.....I think in Seattle they were planning to also use the extra tax money to fund gender fluidity programs/seminars for the City's kindergartens(ok, I made that up...but it's entirely believable)
What I am saying if the car just needs tires why is the GOP looking at buying a new car and telling Americans were just getting new tires ?
Old 11-26-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
What I am saying if the car just needs tires why is the GOP looking at buying a new car and telling Americans were just getting new tires ?
If the car needs tires, why not get better tires for less money?

I like that. Comparing taxes to tires. Good one.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If the car needs tires, why not get better tires for less money?

I like that. Comparing taxes to tires. Good one.
Like a tax return on a post card
Old 11-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Like a tax return on a post card
OK . . . now comparing tires to postcards . . . falling a little bit off the edge here.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #7
wdmso

"In 2019, those making less than $25,000 would get an average $50 tax reduction, or 0.3 percent of their after-tax income. Middle-income earners would get average cuts of $850, while people making at least $746,000 would get average cuts of $34,000, or 2.2 percent of income.
The center also said the Senate proposal would generate enough economic growth to produce additional revenue of $169 billion over a decade. That's far short of closing the near $1.5 trillion in red ink that Congress' nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation has estimated the bill would produce over that period."